1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If this works, I will rekindle my faith. Nothing else could explain it.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by DaSaltyPancake, Jul 28, 2020.

1. DaSaltyPancake

DaSaltyPancake Fapstronaut

Hello, guys. So, two days ago, I was kinda sad. I was feeling down about getting girls. I've been single for 3 years. In order to alleviate this feeling, I asked some friends if they wanted to hang out. Sadly, none of them were available, so I decided to stay in for the night. One of my friends joked that I should get a girl and then I could go out all the time. I laughed and shrugged it off. Another friend recommended Tinder to which I replied "But that's full of thots. I want love, not one night stands." So, I fall asleep and wake up at 1 am bc I couldn't fall asleep.

Then, THE SAME NIGHT I get a strange text from a number that I didn't recognize. Come to find out, this was a girl that I met FIVE years ago in middle school at an audition for a concert band. She tells me that I was the first guy that she liked and we texted for about three hours. She remembered that I thought that her freckles were cute when we were younger and she sent me a pic of how she looks now. She looked extremely pretty. I showed my friends and they all agreed--even the obnoxious womanizer--that she was super cute. We've been texting back and forth for two days now and she seems chill. She's been laughing at my dumb jokes and even commented that I look good. Seems like there is mutual attraction. So, if this actually blossoms into an authentic relationship, I'm not sure how it could properly be explained. What are the odds?

2. SynapticMagic

SynapticMagic Fapstronaut

Whatever the explanations, you need to read the following:
    1. Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
    2. The 5 Love Languages
    3. Erotic Intelligence by Alexandra Katehakis (It's for couples going through sexual addiction therapy. For when things get serious, it'd bit too much to start going through some of the exercises even in the first couple months lmao. But many of the exercises can help you in building a truly amazing relationship, even if she doesn't know about your addiction)
    Also, I would recommend taking in a few pickup videos. If you don't want to use them to date around that's fine, but the fact of the matter is that pickup works for a reason. I'm not talking about techniques, I'm talking about natural game. I can recommend a few videos. Either way, there are a lot of mistakes that men make that you don't want to be making with this girl if you're looking for love. Even if you disagree with most of what the videos tell you, at least prepare yourself by taking in a variety of sources on the matter. You'll be kicking yourself for making common mistakes when all you would have needed was a more open mind and critical analysis of sources you may have some disagreements with.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

It kinds of cringes me off to ask for them but any information at this point will be appreciated so, can you kind sir share that information?

4. SynapticMagic

SynapticMagic Fapstronaut

These videos are a good primer for their content. Probably the best at teaching it without being cringy manipulation tactics. Don't let the click bait titles turn you off. They do it for marketing, to get people to click, but the content they deliver is well worth it.

5. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

1. Stop chating and meet her in person. She aleady showed her inteest in you, you need to do something about it.
    2. Forget about relationship. Focus on going out to have fun with her and get to know each other. She can be girlfriend material, or she can be a fruit loop. Take your time to figure that out, in the meantime just go out with her and HAVE FUN!