1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. 10 Days. Luckily so far only a couple nights have been difficult. Been keeping myself very busy so my days aren't a problem for now. Keep going guys!

2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

3. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

4. Let's stay right Jefe

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  5. 11/90. Not a pretty win but I'll take it. Thoughts tempting me at my weakest moments, along with hot weather, but I made it through this time. A week of coasting but that's over now I guess. I think this is right on track for me though, once I get 3-4 days in I tend to coast for about a week then it gets difficult again. This point on, no day is taken for granted. Every day is a proactive fight.

6. Yes, let’s do!

BrohkenCompass likes this.
  7. One thought that has been recurring for me for the past little while is that I need to learn to be content with what life throws at me. It’s not always going to be easy. But I must learn to appreciate my life and the opportunities that I have. No one will do this for me. I can’t just escape whenever I want to. I have to accept that life will have unpleasant circumstances and I need to find healthier ways of dealing with those occurrences. Thoughts have been trying to enter my mind because I’m going to be alone on a business trip for the rest of the week. When they come, I take a few deep breaths and let them out slowly. And then I think of something else. I refuse to allow my mind to make future relapse plans. It’s been working so far.

8. Because if I don’t do this, nothing is ever going to change. In fact, it might get worse.

9. Solid plan Jefe, keep it up! When I look back at my longest successes on here, what consistently worked best for me is when I made my nofap discipline the most important thing. It doesn't mean I wasn't doing and succeeding and giving it my all to other projects, but my overall focus is "I'm not going to PMO today, that's my priority." Other things get high priority too, but nofap came first and it becomes a lynchpin for the other successes. I guess this is another way of saying that I know for myself to succeed at this I must give it my all. It really is all or nothing, because I might be able to ride momentum for a little while, but If I'm not coming at this with a fresh, vitalized energy of "Today I will not PMO" then eventually it will sneak into my thoughts and actions, maybe little by little without being noticed that much, until it wedges in and takes control again.

LongWayToGo and Jefe Rojo like this.
  10. Daily check in.
    Day 23 of 153 (Longest streak broken on March 22, 2020)

11. 11/99

Woke up at 4:30 am with bad urges and my mind would not quit scheming and planning relapsed while I am on my work trip. Pretty miserable as my whole body was shaking for a bit. I was reminded how badly I am addicted to this stuff and how easily it can turn miserable in a hurry. This is probably the toughest day so far this streak. I’m on a similar schedule as you @ReclaimingMyDestiny . I do not look forward to the next 72 hours as I will definitely be in a vulnerable spot. Especially the first 24 hours will be tough. The hit of dopamine that could deaden the pain of loneliness is very enticing. It’s hard to see the positive results that will come if I abstain when the pull to relapse is so strong. So I will take a step into the dark and try to navigate my way through a field full of land mines. Each moment, each decision, can lead me to safety. I can maintain my streak.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. Yes.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  13. Go look in the mirror and say this to you. Smile with pride when you do it. Stack wins.

14. Sorry to hear you're being tested hard today. Remind yourself of what you really want. PMO won't get you there, right? _____________ right?

15. 6/26 days complete. Not many urges to fight off. Thankful this trip is going better than last week