1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does looks matter?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Not sure what my point is. I already deleted my message twice because I went off track. I find a girl and she is pretty. Not super hot but I would say above average. Top 10% maybe. But then I feel like I cant be with her. I know hotter women, more interesting women and I know that if I work with myself a little I can get into a higher league so to speak. I think about my own looks. I really want to look strong and healthy. Not because I need to. I could probably score a girl without much effort but I feel like they deserve that I am the best man I can be. That brings me back to the start of this loop. I dont even want the hottest girls. I am settling with the normal pretty ones. Not sure why. Maybe I feel like I dont deserve the perfect ones who got everything sorted out.

2. Nobody is perfect, and absolutely nobody has everything sorted out.

3. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Your thinking too much bro. Lift, take care of your hygiene and wear shit that you like and that also shows off a bit of your gains (just stuff that fits right, not supre baggy or loose). Then talk to girls you are attracted too.

taikuri likes this.
  4. Yes looks matter,

they are everything in the western world.

If you are ugly you are going to have a very hard time with almost everything

if you are good looking than people treat you better, you make more money, get more friends

trust me ive seen both sides of the coin

its sad really but reality

Timecop likes this.
  5. If you are deliberately dropping your standards because of some insecurity, sure, that needs therapeutic work.

But if you are attracted to a woman who is not beautiful in society's eyes, that's your business. Go for it. Also, you don't want a physically attractive woman who is an unpleasant person. I'd rather have a plain-looking woman who supports me and loves me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every country has its own standards of beauty (both body and face). Not only that, but also different people like different looks. For example, in much of the western, English-speaking world, skinny is supposed to be beautiful on women, but many men don't like that. You must go for what you like.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Donijuan

Donijuan Fapstronaut

Let me tell you the truth, Looks Matter.
    Many people said that you can find someone that won't mind with your looks but mostly people judge you by how you looks and why First impression is important in dating world.

But there is something you need to know pal, Being Good looking and Being Attractive is different. Good looking has to do anything with your genetic its like facial feature and you were born with, but let says that you're not good looking doesn't mean you can't be Attractive.

Being Attractive
    have anything to do with how you present yourself here are list what makes people attractive:
    1.Fashion style, you dont need to be fashionable, but at least you dont dress yourself messy. pick a match color just like white shirt, jeans, and shoes that fits. in the mean time you will have the sense of your identity.
    2.Hair style, pick a good barbershop and dont tell "what's good for me?" search in google, hairstyle that you want and show it to the barber.
    3.Fitness, Being fit mean you show to girl that you take care of yourself and not a lazy man. you dont need to tell them, your action shows it. when you are not underweight or overweight the girl notice that you doing exercise daily and you take care of your body.

In the end this action will improve your confidence psychologically.
    theres so many thing that i want to tell you how to be attractive, you can check my thread about habit or browse youtube.
    hope this help dunt give up dude!

taikuri and Timecop like this.
  7. Donijuan

Donijuan Fapstronaut

But you can change it dude, being the one that control your own life and you'll most likely less blaming the external factor. Having a good habit and starting something good for yourself make sense of control in your life.

8. Yujirō Hanma

Yujirō Hanma Fapstronaut

9. Yes what?

If you think that looks prevent you from getting a girl, look at Sean Stephenson, who married a gorgeous woman. If looks were all that mattered, he'd have died a virgin.

10. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Women are more receptive to approaches by a good looking man, but once the interaction starts, that's not what it's about. She's very quickly going to decide if your vibe is one of a guy she might want to spend a lot of time with, or just a nice looking novelty for maybe, at best, a one night stand. And if you don't know how to talk to her, tease her, and touch her (what's commonly known as "having game") she won't even consider you for that.

I'm a decent looking guy (some have called me very good looking), 6 feet tall and in good shape. I played in bands for many years and traveled a lot for work before that, so I have seen a lot of beautiful women, and I have literally never had a hot woman come up to me out of the blue and say, "you're really good looking and I want to get to know you." That's not how women work. They want you as the man to initiate, and to bring strong masculine energy and a positive vibe to the interaction. Without that, you can look like a Calvin Klein model and you still won't get far with them. Another thing is that some women, when they see an exceptionally good looking, well dressed man who is seemingly unattached, default to the assumption he's gay. Obviously if you're a straight man and they're carrying those assumptions about you, you'll have to get your intent and interest across to them even that much more strongly.

So bottom line, looks matter and you should do the best you can with the face and body you've been given, but it's only one part of the equation and for a lot of women, a smaller part than you'd expect.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Mordobarn likes this.
  11. Yujirō Hanma

Yujirō Hanma Fapstronaut

We human are visual creatures. Our presence is being noticed by our looks first, no matter how kind, smart, funny and rich (vice versa) we are.

12. Men fall in love, quickly, through their eyes.
    Women fall in love slowly, through their interactions.

Yes, women can be attracted to good looks — that is not in doubt. But women never fall in love through good looks. Only the poise, character and interactions affect that, which women commonly and vaguely call "confidence".

taikuri likes this.
  13. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Yes, looks do matter.
    But
    They are rarely an absolute deal breaker.

Also most people can do a lot to make themselves look better.

14. Yujirō Hanma

Yujirō Hanma Fapstronaut

So, in the end looks still matter, right?

15. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Looks matters of course,who say no he is laying.

16. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

Yes, but don't go looksmaxing on yourself

17. It depends on what you mean by "looks". Understand that the word "looks" means more than one thing.

For a woman…

The important look is not the physical cardboard-cutout beauty that men tend to look for in women, but instead the pose, poise, posture… Grooming, cleanliness, confidence, self-pride, self-care. These all come way above stereotypical physical beauty.

When faced with an "ugly" man who carries himself with pride, is always the best that he knows how, looks after himself, dresses to the best of his budget, works to the best of his ability, looks after himself, and chases his dreams…

… or a gorgeous hunk who couldn't be bothered to shave (or trim his beard), lazes around all day, dresses like a slob, doesn't clean his teeth, and is an addict…

… the woman will opt for the first. Every time.

If you are truly true to yourself, act with confidence, be the absolute best that you know how — always willing to learn more, to be even better — you will have hardly any competition when it comes to women.

I learned this the hard way.

taikuri likes this.
  18. taikuri

taikuri Fapstronaut

This post here gave me a new perspective and made me think about couple of things about myself. Thanks a lot

Mordobarn likes this.
  19. Looks matter. A lot. Life is unfair. Some people are born into filthy rich families and do what the fuck they want their whole lives. Some people are born in African country side with barely anything to eat. Some people are born with good looks some are born ugly or average. For men looks matter more than to women. However women will always choose that handsome guy over average looking guy. The thing is you have to play with the cards you are dealt. No need to moan about it. Life is not only about pulling women that are 9s or 10s. Although looks matter in everything in your life. But not so much that you can't fix it with dressing well, working out and actually having some muscle and taking care of your hygiene. Look don't stress too much about it, do the best you can and you don't have to give a fuck if someone doesn't drool over your looks.

20. That is rubbish. I have enough evidence of this, over and over, where stunningly gorgeous women have chosen plain or even ugly men. For example: I have a female friend who is gorgeous, beautiful, tall; kind, generous, loving, intelligent; feminine; always improving herself. She could have just about any man she chooses. The man whom she married (and they're still madly in love with each other after 15 years) is short, obese, poor; and he has a visible disability. It's his attitude, not his looks, that attracts her.