1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Showers / Wim Hof Method

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DuckofDeath, Jul 29, 2020.

1. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

'Hey' to anyone out there reading this.

I'll be reaching the 60 day mark soon. When I reached 30 days, I started working in meditation and taking cold showers to increase/compound the self-improvement benefits of NoFap. I've been really happy with the results. Meditating has been good (I can tell the road to true mindfulness is going to be a long one), and cold showers have been great! On top of that, I've been doing an hour of cardio 6 days a week.

Since I've been taking cold showers and been thrilled with the results, I thought I see about upgrading the habit in celebration of the 60 day milestone. I saw Wim Hof on the JRE years ago.

It was interesting but I never tried it. I remember he has some weird breathing routine before he gets in cold water but that's about it. Since everyone on here is so self-improvement focused, I'm sure there are a few people who could give me the scoop.

Is it effective or is it overplayed? What sort of results have you gotten?

2. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Wim hof method has limited research done but I'll share some studies.

The gist: Allows greater control over autonomous nervous system.

Abstract: Suggests increased resistance for immune response to endotoxins
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4819555/pdf/10067_2015_Article_3009.pdf

Abstract: Allows greater control over own metabolism rate (basically making cold showers less, cold)
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1053811918300673

There are more on his website and though there hasn't been much research and a reasonably big sample size studies, it looks promising for at least the future of immune-response treatment.

But as always, stay curious and take things with the amount of salt you need.

DuckofDeath likes this.