1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

1 Year down, flipping the script.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Captain Caboodles, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Captain Caboodles

Captain Caboodles Fapstronaut

Well I’m not the most eloquent writer but here goes nothing. Quitting pmo has CHANGED MY LIFE!! I have tons of energy, I’m not afraid of trying new things and chase my dreams(have always wanted a motorcycle, now I’m riding one), I’ve quit smoking, and deleted all social media. I’ve been meditating, drawing, riding my motorcycle, learning chess, and yoga to pass the time. Always be searching for new things to learn. PMO is seriously a waste of headspace, time, and energy. Don’t chase women that means they are running away from you. Just have fun being yourself and the right woman will come your way. I’m so grateful to be sharing this journey with you and happy that we have a place to talk about these things. Let’s flip the script and live life how it’s truly meant to be!!

2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Great quote. More so called man should know this.
    Hope you continue this journey best way possible :)

again and Captain Caboodles like this.
  3. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

Beautiful.
    Keep going.

Captain Caboodles likes this.
  4. B787-8

B787-8 Fapstronaut

Great dude. I am on my day 5. You motivated me thanks

5. Pigwaran

Pigwaran Fapstronaut

Congratulations man, I'm jealous. You are amazing to achieve such a long streak. How do your relations with women look like now?

6. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

Brief and inspiring.
    Great job.

7. Captain Caboodles

I don’t want or need a girlfriend right now. Before I would get really nervous when talking to women. Now I just talk to them as if I were talking to a friend. Treating them as an equal.

8. cali4sto

cali4sto Fapstronaut

What a legend

Cheers :)

9. Great post - congratulations, man!

10. Chadillac Van Button

Chadillac Van Button Fapstronaut

Wow! LOL! You make that sound so easy. But I guess when you are no longer in that over sexed mindset you're not thinking this women could potentially be a sexual encounter that I would never dream of being with. Rather, a human being with interesting ideas, humor, aspirations, fears, and goals. Just as we too have all of those things.

Captain Caboodles and again like this.
  11. Pigwaran

Pigwaran Fapstronaut

That's exactly the state I'm dreaming about and hoping to achieve. Not giving a single shit about women as sexual objects, and just pursue my dreams and passions. Can you specify how did you achieve such a state of mind? Was it purely due to PMO abstinence, or more like encountering them so much that it finally became boring and natural?

12. winningover

winningover Fapstronaut

Did you experience withdrawals?

13. Captain Caboodles

You nailed it right on the head my friend.

Chadillac Van Button likes this.
  14. Captain Caboodles

A LOT had to do with PMO abstinence. Meditation has really helped too. There are a lot of meditation apps out there. Focus on your happiness and the right lady will come to you. Just be happy being yourself. If you treat a woman like a celebrity she’ll treat you like a fan.

15. Captain Caboodles

Sure, if things were easy they wouldn’t be worth fighting for. This website has really helped. Don’t get me wrong after a year it’s not all happy happy joy joy. I’ve become a completely different person and now look forward to the challenges I face.

greatchinaski likes this.
  16. Captain Caboodles

Oh and cold showers, cold showers have surprisingly helped. After you’re done showering throw it on cold for 30 seconds. That’s helped me personally.

Chadillac Van Button likes this.
  17. Chadillac Van Button

Chadillac Van Button Fapstronaut

I can atest to that. Although I didn't stick with it. In the the week I tried it, I can say that it did help with urges. Just need to stick with it long enough for the urges to subside.

18. Pigwaran

Pigwaran Fapstronaut

I've tried cold showers daily routine once, but it was too much for me. I already spend like 90% of my free time to exercise/learn and do all kinds of stuff to improve myself, so I don't need another unpleasant and harsh routine on top of that. I found out, when you try to push yourself too hard, it's going to backfire soon. Instead I treat cold shower as an sort of emergency anti-urge measure, and punishment for thinking about dirty stuff. Also, when i have a bad day, and during shower I'm about to wash my penis, i switch to cold, just to make sure the touching won't make me feel horny.

Livermore90 likes this.
  19. SaiyanWarrior

SaiyanWarrior Fapstronaut

Congratulations man. Looks like you have done it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020