1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last series you watched

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Jul 17, 2020.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Rate the last series you watched
    Review should be regarding a particular season
    This means at least you should watch one complete season
    Here's my review
    The sinner season 1
    7/10
    Didn't liked it much

2. Cathcart22

Cathcart22 Fapstronaut

Last series I watched through was the Last Dance on ESPN.
    As a documentary, the story it's telling was and is great. Not being a Bulls fan, I feel like the show trumped up too many games. It seemed like every episode was a matter of "Here's a team that is really good - the Bulls should be afraid! What a shock - The greatest team in basketball EVER has beaten the odds!!"
    Production was very good nonetheless - 7/10

Meshuga and u376 like this.
  3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

The blacklist season 1
    8/10
    It gets better after few episodes

SoBeOne and Meshuga like this.
  4. Trailer Park Boys 8/10

u376 likes this.
  5. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Sword art online and I'll rate it a 9 out if 10.

u376 likes this.
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Super Pumped
    5/10

I hated this show. It's well made and the acting is good but the main character was a real jerk. I ended up skipping scenes because I couldn't stand how nasty he was. If you want to spend 6+ hours with a horrid person then watch this, if not avoid it.

7. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Sandman

10/10

There were some disagreements that I had with the way this was adapted, but with the way the original comics were, that was inevitable. I might have also preferred if they had made season one only about Preludes and Nocturnes and left The Doll's House for the second season to let both storylines breathe a bit. Overall the show was amazing though.

8. Watching multiple things right now.

The Haunting of Hill House -- 10/10
    And absolute masterpiece. Everyone should watch it. Especially everyone here, as it portrays one of the most realistic and accurate displays of addiction that I've ever seen in media.

Smallville -- 8/10
    I absolutely love this show, but I will say, it can often be a little frustrating. There are a lot of moments where things are done to push the plot in a certain direction and it either doesn't make sense with the lore of the show, or it's just frustrating because it's not what the audience wants at all. But overall, it's still a really good show.

The Good Place -- 8/10
    Super funny. I have a few qualms, but I think it's pretty solid overall. Janet is my fav.

The Santa Clarita Diet -- 6/10
    Timothy Oliphant absolutely kills me in this show. He's so freaking funny! If it weren't for him, I would probably not care a whole lot about it. But it's entertaining and funny. It's just a shame that it got cancelled, because the ending is horrible. They definitely ended it with the expectation of making more seasons, so nothing is resolved at all. Which is always really frustrating.

9. Oh, and I just started re-watching How I Met Your Mother, which I think is absolutely a 10/10. Brilliant show. The writing is so good and so perfectly weaved.

Meshuga likes this.
  10. MrPriest

MrPriest Fapstronaut

The Midnight Mass 6/10
    Overall good, touching good themes, I'm just a bit demanding and possibly biased due to the very nature of the show itself.

Don't read if you haven't watch it.
    Although this scene, it has a 11/10 to me

11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

In my Facebook groups, almost everyone was going on about how great it was. I found myself feeling reluctant to see it because it was so popular plus it's on Netflix and I don't plan to get a Netflix subscription.

12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

For All Mankind Season 3
    10/10

When season 2 finished I wasn't sure if I would carry on watching. I thought maybe the show had run its course but I started watching season 3 and found the story still interesting.

13. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Better Call Saul, 9/10
    Great stuff and hopefully the last one, I'd like to use most of my time wisely

u376 likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Shetland Series 7
    10/10

I always enjoy Shetland, it's pretty much the only detective show I watch nowadays. I was starting to think this might be the last ever series but after it finished they announced it will return next year.

15. Lone Skeleton

Lone Skeleton Fapstronaut

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 8/10
    The graphics and the actors were great but the script writing was a little disappointing.

Wolves of Wisdom and Meshuga like this.
  16. Assassination Classroom - Season 1: 8/10

Maybe I'm getting a little too old because this anime doesn't always make me laugh, but the Octopus Teacher (Koro-Sensei) is an amazing and lovable character.

I had also started Mr.Robot on Amazon prime, a live action American series but it's more of a commitment with 45 minute long episodes. Only 2 episodes in.

u376 likes this.
  17. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Squid Game 6/10

This hard one just because the characters are some of the best that I have seen. However when it comes to the detective side plot, it gets pretty bad. Despite him being a detective, most of the things that he learns he just lucks into. The worldbuilding can be also be really fucked at times. I still would give recommend you watch because, as I said, the characters are still really well done.

18. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

I watched a few TV shows recently:

The Sandman season 1; about 5/10. It was fine when you are bored and nothing better is on, but that's about it. Massively overrated cos of comic book fanboys. Never read them. I also hated their depiction of Constantine. It was just so off, she was too nice. If there is a proper female version of Constantine somewhere I would imagine her character being more like Jessica Jones from that Netflix series - a rude not what we got here.

Taboo season 1: about 9/10. I liked the slow build up in combination with mystery which kept it interesting. And super satisfyingly to see the main character outsmarting everybody. Excited for next season hopefully.

Peaky Blinders season 6; about 4/10. I am not sure why though, it just seemed slow and boring. It might have just been me, cos I don't think the writing was much different from the previous seasons. I binge watched all the first 5 seasons in 2019 and I loved them. But that was 3 years ago, so by the time season 6 came out I might have just been over it.

Arcane season 1: 10/10. Usually shows and movies based on video games sucks, but this was a masterpiece!

u376 likes this.
  19. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Midnight Mass 7/10

Mike Flanagan's tv shows also have really good characters and Midnight Mass is no expectation. Riley Flynn was probably one of my fav characters throughout the show. The side characters were also really good and if I had to chose Joe Collie as a good one. Though Sheriff was also interesting. However this and the Haunting of Bly Manor have been a trend of not so great horror. As much I didn't like Bly Manor's horror, I do have to admit that it did have some interesting stuff. The creature is just not that terrifying. Still I would recommend Midnight Mass

20. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

house of the dragon 1000/10

teromejenner likes this.