1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Troubles with edging.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Captain Woodsy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. I'm having a lot of issues with edging. I know it's definitely not good but I'm really having some difficulty with it. Anyone have tips to help me beat it?

2. Wdym help you out. We're hear to quit all of that stuff.

3. If you're allowing yourself to edge then you are not being sincere with yourself. Treat it like PMO, which it is

En?gma, Knighthawk and Captain Woodsy like this.
  4. Usually when I'm alone and bored and can be in any part of the house. Sometimes even when I'm out of the house I tend to get urges but I don't do anything unless I'm at home but my mind still races.

5. I do play drums of course that can only be done during the day. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it at night lol. Apparently people can hear them from across the entire neighborhood. I think I can find some other things; night time seems to be the worse for me.

6. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

This seems a great start, @Captain Woodsy:
    • You've identified a trouble spot (night time);
    • Figured out that having something other than edging to do is helpful;
    • And recognized that you need few more 'other things' to choose from.
    Once you've addressed this last one, I suggest making a list and having it nearby as evening comes. Then - before it gets too late - spend a little time every night identifying which of these 'other things' you will be turning to that night. In other words, have a clear and definitive plan laid out before hand.

Keep doing the next right thing...