1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any suggestion for books?!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by UnitedWeStand, Aug 4, 2020.

1. UnitedWeStand

UnitedWeStand Fapstronaut

Nowadays im on spiritual stuff but im reading books for self improvement science, fitness, stock content books. Im wondering if there are any books that you suggest them as a must to read

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. greatchinaski

greatchinaski Fapstronaut

Cupid's Poisoned Arrow: From Habit to Harmony in Sexual Relationships by Marnia Robinson

Must read for every Fapstronaut. Spiritual and science-based.

3. UnitedWeStand

Thank you so much @greatchinaski im gonna read this for sure! Seems very useful

4. Atomic Habits :) Currently reading it and it's awesome

5. Rupert Sheldrake - Science and Spiritual practices
    Fritfjol Capra - Tao of Physics
    Henry David Thoreau - Walden
    Schopenauer - Judgment of others (Don't know the exactly name in English or German, in italian is called "Il giudizio degli altri" and is a small text)
    Bibble New Textament

6. UnitedWeStand

@Cirilla @Atlas Gherbe Thank you so much for your suggestions! I guess i have to read a lot in order to keep up with your great books haha! Good luck on your self improvement journey!

En?gma likes this.
  7. The book Ministry of Healing, by Ellen White is excellent. It combines spiritual and health principles in a fresh, encouraging manner, despite the book having been written long ago. She is said to be "the most translated female non-fiction author in the history of literature, as well as the most translated American non-fiction author of either gender." The book has really blessed me, as much for its spiritual insights as for its health principles.

NOTE: It's beyond copyright, so it can be found available for free online.

8. Sounds like you have a lot of interests like me so im throwing out some interesting books on various topics:

* The power of now by Eckhart Tolle. It is the best spiritual book I know of. Read it 10+ times.

* A new earth by Eckhart Tolle

* The prophet (poems from the east)

* Tibetan book of the dead

* A short story of nearly everything by Bill Bryson

* The monk who sold his Ferrari

* The alchemist

* Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill

* The intelligent investor (about stocks and stuff)

* technical analysis of the financial markets

* Interpretation of dreams by Sigmund Freud (can also read Carl Jungs book with about the same title)

* Compound effect

* How to win friends and influence people

* The Bitcoin standard

* The richest man in Babylon

* Stillness speaks by Eckhart Tolle

* Cryptoassets- the innovative investors guide to Bitcoin and beyond

* Rich dad poor dad

* Arabian nights

I have read all of them and can recommend them all.

9. UnitedWeStand

@NF SINCE BIRTH Wow seems like we do have same interests. In fact i have read 5 of those you suggested so i will trust you on this! Going to pick a new earth as i have read the power of now (what a great book!), the alchemist ( i heard it good) and think and grow rich for now

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  10. As a book of self-improvement, I would definitely recommend The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.

It's like a private lesson from one of the greatest warriors in history. Also demonstrates how philosophy was always a universal tool, and Stoicism had begun to grow in the East, without it even being exported.