1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thank You Brother

2. Quick late check-in today. Day 99!

3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Day 0!
    Orc
    Now healing from bad spell.
    I just realized you can't be your best self in just a few months while you been living like a prisoner for years. So long way to top. To comeback to life!

4. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 14.

Sts. Peter and Paul, pray for us!

5. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Relapsed again. Having a very bad week. Too many relapses this week.

Day 0: 11 minutes in.

6. Hey Man I Had Strong Urges Today. So, I Went To The Kitchen And Started Eating Things That I Love & The Urge Went Off. Why Don't You Give It A Try? By The All The Best For Your Journey!!!!!

Greetings :) :)

7. Relapsed

Re-starting The Streak Again.

8. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

Huge thanks. I'll try that. Day 1 by the way.

9. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Today marks 17 days. I'm very happy with my progress. The last few days have been very stressful for me. Both in my work and in personal development projects. It has been a struggle for me to maintain this streak. I've had my will continually tested. But I've managed to persevere.

10. Day 04: My sleep schedule has been a little off the past few days, and it’s starting to get to me. Need to change that and get back to a set bedtime and wake up time. I’m still healing from my previous relapse, but it’s starting to get better. Just taking everything one day at a time and focusing on recovery.

11. AbrahamLincoln

AbrahamLincoln Fapstronaut

12. Kaveira1418

Kaveira1418 Fapstronaut

13. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Not relapsing on the same day feels more difficult somehow. Need to put some space between the failure. I'm going to leave the house now and go for a walk. Sick of this laptop. Had just 5 hours in, but I guess when the streak is only a few hours it is less of a deterrent.

Day 0: 34 minutes in as of now.

14. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

15. pracprac21

pracprac21 Fapstronaut

Day 10 of the Lord of the Rings Challenge, feel so good that I have come this far, time to move forward

16. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

It's day 17

Personal best on nofap till date

I hope I can reach more

But often I have this long inner chat like I maladaptively daydream about people who hurt me who with whom I have unresolved past issue and that really sucks coz honestly it is such a wastage of time and productivity.. I suck at academics because of it
    And i did some Google search Rumination and maladaptive daydreams are side effect of severe trauma as coping method to escape..
    But i notice it increases the days I didn't meditate or I resist a trigger in my mind...
    Any solutions /suggestions?

17. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Good day, gents. Just reporting in. My last lapse was over one week ago.

I'm not sure I've changed my whole life yet, but I'm working on it. I've been more serious about routine and scheduling and have gotten back to working out, which is helpful. I am tempted by PMO especially when stressed and anxious, and disorganization/lack of structure makes me more anxious. Time to continue making progress!

18. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

I relapsed this evening, unfortunately... I think I need to be far more strict with my social media use: mindlessly scrolling through social media with a subconcious desire to see something triggering is how all my relapses start. As I do it more and more it becomes easier and easier to justify relapse until I break. From now on I think I should only check my phone for social media and such once per day, towards the end at 5PM.