1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

online dating fucked up my brain

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Knascher6789, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Hey my name is Lars, 31y old,
    Holding a streak of +180 days semen retention. In the past months the most time, i was so in my zone, hat the best time in my life, full of satisfaction with my life because of the benefits of nofap (confidence, confidence and confidence in talks with men and women).
    Before 10 days i started online dating (Tinder). It feels so unnatral swiping girls to the left and right because of there looks, but it´s the game to get matches/ dates. After 5 days i delete it without much success. Now i felt so depressed and my improvements of nofaps the last months are gone (lack of confidence, yesterday i was stuttering with a random girl and my energy level is so low)
    Did anyone made similar experiences with online dating during your nofap journey?
    Best regards

2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Your confidence took a hit because you didn't get lucky after 5 days. You have to learn how to face rejection, it's part of life. Don't blame the app, just figure out how you can do better with it, that's how you improve your skills and succeed in life.

As a man that is a user of dating apps for a lot of years, 5 days is nothing! I'm above average in looks but i only get a decent girl that is really interested to go out on a date with me once a month. Be patience, dating apps always deliver.

thinking_differently likes this.
  3. domasfernandez

domasfernandez Fapstronaut

If you ask my opinion I would say these tinder stuffs are of no good but just time pass, you get real love when you get some positive vibes from the next person

n7elite30 likes this.
  4. Thank you for your help guys. I will delete that app. Got some good results in real life at approaching women before, tinder might be the easiest way, but not the best way for me... During this day i got back a lot of confidence, i´ve got before tinder, but only with a lot of conversation with foreign people (working as a salesman).
    Have a nice weekend

5. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Well that's some exaggerated title but I'm glad you feel better now.

Henryforward likes this.
  6. Tinder's algorithm is extremely bias and online dating in general is designed to give girls more success than men. It is so much easier for girls than it is for guys the system is rigged against us. For comparison I have a friend she's female and she has a Tinder profile. She's about average looking and she has very low self esteem. Yet she has 184 matches on Tinder! Plenty of opportunities to go on dates and have sex yet she is doing nothing about it. Because she thinks that either the guys are boring or she's boring because she is not connecting well and guys keeping talking about sex.

In comparison I have about 6 matches and 21 likes that I have not found yet. There is no guarantee that anything will happen as girls get so many likes they ignore people. If us guys had the opportunities that these girls are having then we would have no need to be on here...

n7elite30 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Itay1234

Itay1234 Fapstronaut

As people said, the algo and the man-woman ratio sucks (in my country, according to the VP of tinder the ratio is 1:5). The fact that you can approach and do it well is much more impressive than having matches.

If you're looking for something more serious and want to have more matches that actually worth something, try OKCupid. There you can send a message before the match, which pops to the woman's main page and if you're doing it well it's much more solid than an appearance-based match on Tinder.

Hi, can you send them to me as well?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  8. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

I think what’s happened is that:
    You were used to feeling soaked up, and tired by watching P/p-subs on your phone.
    So now when you look at girls, once again you’re bound to get similar vibes of feeling low.

I feel that Tinder is an app based on Lust.
    How much can you get to know about a girl’s Personality within 2/3 dates!

I don’t know how this system of Online dating proceeds because I haven’t ever tried this way before- Purposeful Matching up.

It’s only been natural upto now.
    I think that natural attraction from meeting some girl at work/college/neighbourhood whatever is much cooler.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. n7elite30

n7elite30 Fapstronaut

Lots of good info in this thread already! Any of those free apps will bury your profile after a few days ESPECIALLY if you're using all of your daily swipes every single day. You'll get flagged as a potential subscriber so they'll bury you even deeper to get you to pay out of desperation. If you're going to use them at all (which I don't recommend), you're better off only using them once a week at a time where more women will be using the app, like a Friday night, and not even opening the app otherwise. If you can't keep your expectations low and can't accept that you're definitely going to get ghosted or rejected at some point (because it WILL happen) without your self-worth taking a dive, it's much safer if you just don't risk it.

Other than that, I'm going to agree with everyone else on here. Work on the best version of yourself you can be and start going places where you'll meet people with similar interests. It's so much more fulfilling to meet someone special for the first time in person! And who knows? If you're shy like me but get yourself out of the house to do things you enjoy, the right one might even approach YOU instead! That's the plan I'm going with currently!

10. skinisblackmetallic

skinisblackmetallic Fapstronaut

apps are just clicking games made by corporations to suck you in