1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to become real men.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by False promise, May 3, 2020.

1. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Today:
    Boy: It’s easy to jerk off. Let’s go to Timesof_a country—>Photos—>Models.

Man: It’s difficult not to jerk off. I should really go Workout—> Pushups, Sit ups, Runs, Yoga.

7 years later:
    Boy: It’s easy to jerk off. Let’s go to Timesof_a country—>Photos—>Models.

Man: (Talking to his partner)Wow. You’re so Gorgeous baby!

2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

@7seeds @laserfish30 @Davidphd1866 @Mr Retainer how are you doing brothers? If you’ve been slacking at all take this as your wake up call. This is your call to action. Many times we lose sight of why we started. We get caught up in old ways and forget all the lessons we learned already. Even if you’ve been doing well, let this serve as a reminder to continue on.

To anyone I missed if you’re reading this, feel free to check in and let us know how you’re doing, and what lessons you’ve learned recently.

Captain! and MHero like this.
  3. False promise

That’s right, 7 years later and the boy has not changed, even though he may have the age and appearance of a man. This addiction will haunt most for their entire life. I can’t put in to words what’s required to control this beast, but I think everyone here knows. The point is, if you don’t do it now you never will.

4. thinking_differently

1. Understanding why it’s detrimental.
    2. Determination, Willpower, all that.
    More importantly,
    3. Purposeful Situational Manipulation to buy yourself time to get your head right, when you feel you’re gonna loose control. [Can’t stress this enough!]

MHero likes this.
  5. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Man! I am glad you thought of me (us) to ask. Thank you! Yours is an example of decency hardly found anymore in today's society.

I am doing very well lately. My wife and I are sort of hitting a groove supporting the inescapable truth that masturbation and ALL non-procreative ejaculation is detrimental to my health. So it's been a couple weeks "since" but instead of getting towards the end of my proverbial rope, I am just beginning. I have not been this encouraged at this stage of a reboot period for quite some time. Could this be THE final end to my wasted semen spillage?

I hope all you guys are well. Especially you Mr. FalsePromise.

David

Captain! and seaguy44 like this.
  6. Mr Retainer

Mr Retainer Fapstronaut

@False promise, Thank you brother for reminding me,I am going really well.Specially I have totally new mindset now & take retention journey more seriously in a honest & holistic way.Part of it I have started a lot of self work on me,eliminating hidden accoplice of PMO for me is facebook.So those thing greatly help us.Please spread the truth more in this thread as you do it really motivate us to stick on journey.Again Thank you. (sorry for my weak english)

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  7. False promise

That is good to hear my man. It is an inescapable truth.. and we will continue to be reminded of that until we get it right. It’s simply a trap. The pleasure and idea of releasing is so alluring, much like that piece of food on the mouse trap. But we all know what happens when the mouse goes for that food. We simply have to accept that everything comes with a consequence. As cliche as it sounds.. every cell in our body has to be on adamant on retaining our seed at all times. When we’re faced with adversity, we default to the programming in our cells. Which is now that of patience and control, the opposite of what it used to be.

Warrior4Freedom and Davidphd1866 like this.
  8. False promise

I’m happy to hear that you’re doing well. That’s great what you’re doing.. we all have to analyze our own behavioural patterns and come up with solutions. It’s definitely necessary for lasting success on this journey. Keep it up bro.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  9. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I'd like to once again thank FalsePromise for actively checking in with us. It means a lot to know someone truly cares. This is very motivating.

I am in as good a place as ever for conquering my wasteful habit. Support from my wife, and support from here. It's a great thing.

Perhaps a bit of a double edged sword with my wife, though: Her newfound support is partly based on a touch of resentment as she feels--correctly--that my habits have cheated her out of some of the best I could have given her over the years. So one might call this part "tough love".

10. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Have you ever thought about going to a master buddhist for this? They are literally the EXPERTS on retaining their semen. They have done it for decades. I'd suggest you go to a local master buddhist and have a good talk with them. To them,it's not a struggle. To us, it is.

Captain! likes this.
  11. seaguy44

I have been thinking a LOT about this recently:

Exactly how often should we be thinking about sex?

For me, in my case, no matter how long I retain semen or relapse, I always think about sex. It's hardwired in my brain.

There has been many cases when I was just totally deep into my work. I was doing my work at a coffeehouse with zero sexual stimuli, then all of sudden I look up and a gorgeous woman walked by. Then my entire body just got a huge shot of attraction/flood of hormones. When she's gone, it takes me a while to "cool off"...

then I was thinking... wow I'm amazed (with more objective thinking) on how sudden the attraction was. This give me pause and think to myself, this is really a very powerful biochemical response. I have discussed this with my friends. They all said they have this same thing. They think it's just very powerful. It defies logic and rational thought. Every man said the same thing. Sex is hardwired in the brain. When you are in the moment, it's all what you think about. Her.

So if I want to be THE MAN, this is something I really need to understand and take control of my sexual mastery.

Thoughts?

Captain! and Bk1241 like this.
  12. I don't do that no more . Ever . I give zero validation, no matter what women think of me because of it .
    Is it a good idea ? Those people are not living the way we do . He may say things like go vegan, do this, do that . In my eyes those people are dangerous .
    No . That is exactly how we should feel . Except, don't ever be manipulated due to that feeling . If she sees it, she will use it in her favour .

13. thinking_differently

Yup. I agree. Dangerous because they(no disrespect) cannot endure the pain, duties, obligations of living in a society, Entertain what they are Passionate about, work to earn money, look after a family.
    How convenient to live in a monastery, worship God, Practice Meditation. What a calm. But it’s what they choose! Everyone is free to do what they like.

The few who appear on camera are wise in Presentation, Intricate with their words.
    Unless they’re doing some research there, on Human Psychology or something(I doubt how many of these monks actually do this today). I can speak for my country, Same case With Hindu Monks. Most of them are high, follow weird practices.
    The ones hundreds of years ago did real research: Yoga is one product of this extensive research.

I wonder how many today, actually think and perform research.

14. That is what I mean by dangerous and why should we not search advices from a world so different .

15. MHero

MHero Fapstronaut

Hi all, Hi @False promise, first full thank you for starting this amazing thread. I'm in this journey since 2018, I failed a lot of times, I said it's enough multiple time, I was lying to myself, I'm still struggling, I'm living in a loop, a loop of pain and wasted life.

Recently, I was determined to stop PMOing, I reached 46 days, at the time I didn't feel too many benefits after I relapsed I felt that I was in heaven. I was thinking that P is the only bad thing, but I'm convinced that masturbation is a bad habit too, I want to practice semen retention for the rest of my life, except will making babies :emoji_joy:

Since my longest streak, I couldn't build the momentum again. Yesterday I got a very strong urge at night, somehow, I managed to control myself. I got the same urges today morning, I was about to relapse, but after reading this thread, you saved my life, thank you all.

I'm in I want to join you, I want to reach a very long streak, to experience those amazing benefits, I have dreams and goals, I must be a real man to realise them. Enough is enough.
    There is a girl, I'm interested in, after reading your comments, I think I'll stop chasing after her, I need to be a man and find my purpose in life.
    Real men do not need females, females need real men. right @7seeds ?

I'll try to check in very often to help and get help.
    Stay strong my friends, there is hope ;)

Captain! and Leader of ME like this.
  16. laserfish30

laserfish30 Fapstronaut

Wow, thank you for this wake up call or check-in. For me there has been definitely some slacking around. Most of it was stemmed through this breakup I had recently with my ex-gf. I lost focus there and control of myself and my actions. And recently I have continued to struggle as I move on and get ready for college. I am slowly picking myself back up and being honest with my closest friends. It is a hard mental battle but the important thing for me is to focus on Christ more than freedom from PMO.

MHero likes this.
  17. seaguy44

Men!

My gym finally opened yesterday for the first time since March. I worked out very light obviously cuz I haven't been working out since March. As a result, my body has become really very very incredibly sore. So sore that I'm considering on getting an ice bath just to heal. Made me realize how important fitness is. If you don't work out, you are back to square one.

So, men, don't ever stop your fitness no matter what.

MHero and thinking_differently like this.
  18. MHero

MHero Fapstronaut

Nice! I feel the same, I miss the gym, the home workouts aren't very effective.
    Today, I'm having a lot of urges. Each time I got an urge to watch P, I remember myself, how bad PMO is for my health, and that I have to be a MAN and stop this habit.
    Hope this works.

Davidphd1866 and Captain! like this.
  19. MHero

MHero Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, I relapsed.
    I felt a pain in my D, so I decided to PMO. I used this pain as an excuse to PMO.

I was doing well, daily workout, cold shower, and studying. But I failed.

Maybe I need more will power, once I start imagining things I fail.

After almost three years, I couldn't reach 90 days, am I on the good track ? What should I do ? I'm lost.
    Came back to day 0 :(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  20. thinking_differently

That’s termed “Masturbation” by a bunch of people from cult called “Biologists”.

You did it. Just move on man, be more careful for the next few Days. Nothing much has changed if you let go off that “Counter”.

Also, why would MOing relieve the pain? This may only cause further pain a few days later.

It won’t matter if you get started right away.
    Stay aware! You need to think and Find your own technique, once you do that, you got it.

MHero likes this.