1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need productivity advice!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Defytheodds, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

Hey there !
    i struggle day to day to maintain a routine/habit of any kind, besides working out, i don't know how but its easy for me to stand up and get done with it . every time i wake up ,i make my bed , get breakfast, i face my laptop for an hour or two, then workout , shower up , eat , go back to my laptop , now after this , i will watch streams , youtube, anything with zero brain effort like a zombie ...
    i have goals i need to achieve, but can't stick to the plan for more than 2 days to be honest .. i leave everything for later aka never :/
    how can i fix this ? its only getting worst, its sickening, cause i'm aware of it , and feel bad when i go to bed , and go it again next morning ..
    thank you !

2. RestlessEngineer

RestlessEngineer Fapstronaut

Hey man i know what it's like, my productivity is kinda bad as well.
    I found that when you set yourself a goal and put a reward on it it will be easier to achieve it.
    Just pick something you really want to buy or do and tell yourself when i reach this milestone i can buy it or do it.

3. UnitedWeStand

UnitedWeStand Fapstronaut

Dont put much pressure on yourself. Of course some can be beneficial but much will become destructive. Try to do one thing for now or two. Be strict on those and be enthusiastic on those!

4. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

It's all about tone and momentum. You gotta set the tone in the morning. Do you spend a lot of time making breakfast? Why do you need to make your bed when you wake up? These things are unnecessary. Dont spend a lot of time making breakfast.
    Also, you dont need to workout in the morning, working out just depletes you mentally. Workout in the late afternoon. When you wake up, the first thing you should do is have a cold shower, this puts you in an energized state. The next thing is have a coffee and then do the most important activity..your work.

Example: I get up in the morning, have cold shower, dont even contemplate making my bed, make a quick breakfast, sit at the computer and eat it while I work with a coffee by my side. I do the same first activity every morning. By that time my tone is already set so anything I do from then on will be work related. Watching youtube videos and procrastination to me feels uncomfortable. However if I did the opposite and stated the day watching cartoons, I'd have no motivation for the rest of the day.

What are your goals? Do they involve using your laptop in the morning?