1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Bah. Fell off again. Back to the beginning.

2. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 32 - things are very calm. I'm wondering if that nasty habit is going to jump out at me unexpected and get me while my guard is down. So here I am, trying to keep on track. Staying in the process that got me here. Anyone have similar experiences of feeling functional and like the PMO addiction isn't overtaking you any longer? What happened good or bad in that situation? Stay strong everyone.

3. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

That’s exactly what I’m going through. I used PM as a coping mechanism for lots of things. I felt powerless to stop. Over the last year I figured out it was all BS one trigger at a time.

I feel like I should get past PM but feeling like I can win turned out to be a trigger too.

I’ve accepted that. I feel like I need how to live a better life not just stop and that’s what I’m working on now.

4. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

5. fit2bear

fit2bear New Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

JJ_Kino likes this.
  6. fit2bear

fit2bear New Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

"I have read the rules and would like to join this group"

JJ_Kino likes this.
  7. Thanks so much for the updated chart! It shows us that long term recovery is really possible! Even though I had another setback yesterday, I'm going to keep trying.

8. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Is it different triggers or the same one getting you?

Congrats! You are rolling again! We’ve got this!

discovery, John Call and JJ_Kino like this.
  9. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, you too!

Let's reach 21 days, if we can get that far we can go on a real.run.

discovery, John Call and artifact like this.
  10. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Checking in 200 metres from the beach :p , i think it's day 7 or something on my curent streak.
    So far so good!

11. Hard to say. Sometime it's something I see on the internet, but usually it's my own fantasizing brain.

12. Just checking in....feeling calm and no urges for P at all currently even when in low moods. I try to keep telling myself that I just hate P, it's boring and if I look again I have wasted all this hard work and then all I will do is binge on PMO and feel so much self loathing so I may as well keep the streak going

I am also doing a LOT of exercise in the mornings and have loads of energy...possibly a result of not M and O?

13. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Hey artifact,

Could you add me back?

I have been planning to return but I wanted to get a good streak going first. I think I had my priorities reversed. Much appreciate the support of the community and the journaling aspect of this experience! I need it!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Rebooter13, discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Day 28 I can finally say that the beast inside of me is taking a break, i'm getting calmer now and urges decreased, today i swam 300 m sprint swimming and i guess i should have started this earlier, but everything is happening on it's exact destined time, so 30 days is getting closer which was a far dream for me before, now it seems achievable, with the help of God then your help all my fellow friends "THANK YOU" all.

15. Heck yeah, great to have you back. I'll add you to the waiting list.

16. Rough weekend, but I'm ready to start climbing again like itsy bitsy spider.

discovery likes this.
  17. @gearboxwhine and @fit2bear - You have both been added to the waiting list but you will need to activate your counters before you can join.

John Call, Merry Terry and discovery like this.
  18. gearboxwhine

gearboxwhine Fapstronaut

Thanks and counter activated.

19. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Checking in. I’m in the middle of vacations so I don’t spend so much time at the computer. Which is part of why I haven’t posted here in a while and why it’s also relatively easy to stay away from PMO. But I have to prepare mentally for going back to work (from home) next week.

20. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I’ve had a lot of moments that I felt that the addiction wasn’t controlling me anymore. And each of these moments were reasons why I never made it to my 90 day goal and actually very rarely make it past 30 days. I’m not falling for that anymore. I’m addicted, even if I haven’t been doing PMO in a while. As soon as I start believing that I’m cured, that means the next relapse is already on its way.