1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering Suicide (no longer)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Hi,

I am new to this forum. Here is a bit of a background. I am stuck in a situation with no way out. I live in Australia where we have Stage 4 lockdown and a curfew 8pm - 5am. If you go outside without a mask $200 fine. There are only 3 reason why you can leave home: shopping for food or other essential items, 1 hour of exercise per day in your local neighborhood (applies to outdoor exercise, and with only one other person) and permitted work. If you leave home without above excuse or exceed a 5km radius from your house you risk a $10,000 fine. All non essential shops are closed. There is a depression in the economy, lots of people are jobless, supermarket shelves are empty, everyday all you can hear is people dying on TV and testing positive for coronavirus. I can’t do anything anymore I am locked in a cage mentally and physically and can’t live my life at all. Our premier (important politician) says they will enact Stage 5 which means being able to shop at the supermarket once a week or not at all, 1km radius, fast food closing etc. A vaccine won’t be available for at least another 6 months. I can’t take this anymore, my health is failing I am over life, nothing makes me happy anymore. I am finished with this life.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2020
    Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Wtf those are pretty drastic measures against corona. But do remember that this disease won't last forever and while it might feel like an eternity now, it'll propably end up being only a short chapter in our lives. Also getting professional help and reaching out to friends/family is recommended. Suicide isn't the way.

Roady likes this.

3. Listen carefully until the end because he makes some really good points.

4. Water is essential. They cannot fine you if you buy even a bottle of water. Buy a bottle a day.

Go for it. You need to kill time anyway.

Then turn off the TV and keep it closed. Just watch something on Netflix or HBO man. You have lots of alternatives.

Not really.
    Your physical cage gives you two good excuses to leave the house every single day for up to 2 hours. That's no cage. You need to be courteous to those around you and not endanger their health unnecessarily, but at least you can exploit it with little ramifications.
    Your mental cage is entirely of your construct. Change your mindset or just stay busy.

And? Have you seen how low the mortality rates are?

You are really blowing things out of proportion here, I hope you see that.

Remember- if just staying at home alone by yourself for a few months is making you contemplate suicide, this is just an indication of a deeper issue in your psyche.

greatchinaski and kropo82 like this.
  5. I knew I’d be misunderstood. Why do I even bother? If I say I’m in a dysfunctional, abusive family it probably doesn’t matter does it. I’m not alone I am in a prison. You underestimate how controlling our abuser is. But you’ll probably say that it’s normal and I’m back at base zero. Narcissistic abuse Google it. I am suffering from that and I can’t leave because I have been infantalized (emotional abuse) into not getting a driver’s license at 22 years old. Come on, judge me. Can’t practice driving because of the lockdown. There’s 300 people dead in our country. Far more people dead globally than any other pandemic in history. But I suppose that doesn’t matter

6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Idk if this was directed at my response, but my brain didn't register a part in your original post in which you'd have mentioned you bening abused. That's of course a very bad thing, and I can't unfortunately give any other advice, but to contact authorities. I know it's not much and chances are since you haven't done it yet, you propably aren't willing to do it now either, but that's the only answer I see.

The amount of fatalities in your country on the other hand is something that you'd be better off just ignoring. It's bad and scary, but you can't affect it or really even do anything useful with the information. It's mainly just counterintuitive to your survival.

Roady likes this.
  7. Contacting authorities is pointless as it’s mental abuse not physical. Doesn’t leave physical marks but is 100x worse

My option is to practice driving to the supermarket (10 minutes) and back everyday and waiting 6 weeks in order to resume driving lessons. Until then it’s going to be a nightmare. Unfortunately people haven’t experienced what I’m talking about so they have no idea. Either that or renting an apartment and then good luck if they cut the coronavirus supplement payment I won’t be able to pay the rent, neither go to the supermarket or anywhere without a driver’s license. I could get a job, but without a driver’s license I am not able to go to work. Pretty much stuck and there’s little I can do about it besides suffer.

8. iLoveRain

iLoveRain Fapstronaut

People gonna die of stress and stuff alike just cuz of a flu. ( COVID ) which still has less deaths than the usual flu that nobody gives a shit about.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  9. 100 people committed suicide in the first week of the lockdown in my state according to the news

SoaringEagle likes this.
  10. What? That's not true, not even close.

11. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

I was abused in the US military and I was stuck in a barracks room with my abusers and about 30 other men who were indifferent to my suffering. I don't know mental health laws in Australia but if you are having a mental health emergency then go out and ask for treatment. If you believe that you are going to take your life I believe that if you take it to the police or other officials they are required to by policy to get you to mental health treatment. Any person committing suicide is a tragedy let alone one hundred.

12. Btw, this too shall pass. Life gets better. Stay alive and find out for yourself.

kropo82 likes this.
  13. There are instructional videos about driving which are really helpful. You should be able to find some on YouTube that are appropriate to your country. Don't just watch any old videos, look for ones you're comfortable with that seem good and don't needlessly encourage anxiety.

It may be worth paying a little money for some good video courses too. They shouldn't cost much, less than half the cost of a real driving lesson probably.

14. Lol what

15. Sounds like an authoritarian state. Can't believe our countries are going this path. Well, we've had this coming for over 100 years now. Please stay strong. I can't give any other advise than to shift your focus else where for the time being. Play a good story driven video game, read a book(s), watch good series. Or do something productive.

I have never been abused and I don't know your exact circumstances but what information you've given me maybe confront your abuser if it doesn't affect you too badly? And seek professional help immediately when you're able.

16. I understand wher you are coming from. This coronvirus-jokedown has pretty much unhinged my brain too. (Yeah, it's sad that people have died from it, but the way world is dealing with this pseudo-pandemic isn't gonna help one bit in the long run anyway.)

Take my city for example. It's overcrowded as frick! People travel from outside to work (usually 2-3 hour ride on trains) and unless the whole city model is reworked, any pandemic is gonna have a free run at spreading fast and easy. But nobody is thinking about long term solutions, all they have planned is hiding until a vaccine comes. What happens when another pandemic happens? Do we repeat this same thing again and pray and hide until the next vaccine comes. And so on and so forth???

SoaringEagle likes this.
  17. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

Fight! Man Fight!
    You are already past half the way, you have identified your narcissistic abuser, and understand your situation.
    What you are going through is an unimaginable suffering for someone who does not know what it means to be stuck with a narcissist in such a way. But it won't last forever.
    If you give up it means the narcissists and psychopaths have won!
    Not only your abuser but also your corrupt government officials who have enslaved you under the pretext of protecting you.
    Keep your head high! You are a survivor! You will get through this, just hang in there for now. It will pass, you will be stronger.

18. levent722

levent722 Fapstronaut

Where I live in the UK we had went through something similar in April. Stick in there everything will be ok.

19. RiverBlue

RiverBlue Fapstronaut

SoaringEagle likes this.
  20. Hey Mate I'm just over the ditch we have just gone back to level 2 after a couple months of being Covid free a little troubling but it is just a temporary thing it will pass.
    I feel your struggle and I am sorry you are suffering so much. For me I was very concerned about the state of the world and what my future would hold when we locked down for a month but a week in I realized it was there to prevent the spread and we would get some sense of normality in time. And lo and behold no amount of anxiety or stress was going to change the situation and now I just choose to not let situations bother me and there is a huge amount of freedom in that just not letting the what if's have to much power over our lives.
    What I did in that lockdown was a lot of reading and a few phone calls it is also time to do research on topics you are interested the whole world is at your finger tips on the internet. Start learning a language or do ten press ups a day and increase that by one more everyday.
    Yes a lot of the news is depressing I highly recommend stopping watching the new and replacing it with something beneficial.
    Go for the 1 hour walk daily it will help you grasp onto some sense of calm.
    Understand that the pain you are experiencing will not go on forever and trust me you do not want to end it all I actually almost killed myself a couple of years ago it is by the grace of God I am still hear today. When I was in the hospital I had this experience where I left my body and I went and stood by family members and friends and I felt the emotions and the pain they felt towards me and then I also got a sense of what they would feel if I had of left. Its horrific my friend no one should have to deal with the pain of losing anyone.
    I just know you can be so much if you can channel this pain you feel into something that can in turn be used for good. Now we are sometimes powerless over people around us but be can choose how the situation effects us I'm not telling you to ignore what is going on but I will ask you a question. By being angry and feeling hurt by the abuse you are suffering is that going to change the things that happen? Or could you perhaps change one thing as in I choose today to ignore what someone says or does. And don't let someone else rob you of your future you can overcome this if you kill yourself they win but if you press through no matter how hard it gets you can be very successful. You have already made a very wise decision by joining nofap your well on the road to improving your life. People can play a part in getting you stuck in a situation but you can change your mindset and reroute the pain into something that will eventually blossom.
    Keep going. I believe in you.

Warwick and Musicmad like this.