1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE INTERSTELLAR CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by hoping_cannon, Jul 15, 2020.

1. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

———Mission Log———
    I have started my course to Reach Endurance.
    Fighting a few urges, and facing irritating erections.
    Just trying to not give a damn.
    I will be cautious and careful this time, no Overconfidence.

Stay Aware boiis!

3. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

Yeah, I am not sure why most people do not want to do this because it effectively cuts off p while allowing you use of your devices. They'd rather try the same things over and over again and relapse. Almost like sone part of them is keeping them in the addiction.
    Anyway I think I am pretty new to python, so I am not sure my advice would be best. I used to write code using java back in the day, making simple games etc. so I was not exactly new to programming as a whole. However, there are a lot of free resources out there although quality varies. I used the website sololearn but it gets really bad/ horrendously bad about mid way through. So I ended up using books to cover the basic topics needed to get a grasp of the language e.g. learn python the hard way, some bootcamp style books, and simple practice books. I also joined codewars and practice there a lot, mainly solving the simple problems but it helps with learning. Also, I have experience in quantitative analysis already using spss and such. So on the data analysis side I didn't need to learn too much either, just have to find out how to conduct specific operations on python.

4. RollerCoaster

What is the concept of the book "learn Python the hard way"? :D

The Highlight and hoping_cannon like this.
  5. Day 1

He fixed the land to start planting the first seeds, then I will go to the store to buy some sprinklers, I will fix the irrigation system, I will leave that ready and tomorrow I will water the crop.

6. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

By 'the hard way' they pretty much mean by practising rather than learning a tonne of theory with limited practice examples. In the end it was just a typical practice book for me because I was already familiar with programming concepts. To a beginner though it may be 'hard' because they do not explain a lot of theory, so maybe that is what they refer to in the title.

7. RollerCoaster

So it guides you through small projects and so on? I might look into it, sounds interesting...

8. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

I wouldn't call them projects. They just have a page briefly explaining a concept then the next few pages have questions on the concept e.g. a page could cover string manipulation ... then the next set of examples (few pages) ask you to modify strings. In short I have seen better books for projects, and I have a few of them too. Sorry, can't remember names since last time I studied was a few months ago. But when I get a chance I will try to find the books I liked most.

9. RollerCoaster

Okay, feel free to recommend me some, when I do online tutorials I lose focus easily, so I want to try a different way...

10. hoping_cannon

hoping_cannon Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks for all the suggestions you shared about Python. I decided to learn from the book "Learn Python" by Mark Lutz. I'm gonna also check out Learning Python- hard way if I'm able to complete Mark Lutz within this lockdown.
    Now I'm using my smartphone only in public space in my home. :) and my smart phone activity comes down drastically than before.
    My another suggestion to lower down your smartphone activity is that Turn off all app alerts like insta, fb, WhatsApp... in short just have notification only for a call and SMS. You can see the difference the day itself.

11. Day 5.
    We made it got a good yield of crops I may sell the nutrients idea at the local farmers market.
    Going for a drive to try test a new program that I believe can override the autopilot on the drones that have increased in regular fly byes in the last couple of days.
    Got the F-150 up and running and have got the ethanol fuel correctly tuned had bit of fun today.
    [​IMG]

12. Smoky

Smoky Fapstronaut

Day 2 in farm.
    It rained a lot but worked hard anyways.
    Murph spent all day investigating something about a "ghost" she found in her bedroom.

I told her that ghosts do not exist but she seems pretty involved in her investigation...

13. RollerCoaster

14. DAY 2

Come on dear astronauts ...

: )

15. RollerCoaster

16. Day six going good back on track we will catch the drone.

17. RollerCoaster

18. Day 7
    Trying to catch a drone we have been driving all around the farm but they keep evading us.
    Managed to capture this sunset while heading back.
    [​IMG]