1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering Suicide (no longer)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Why give up? Who would miss you? Family, friends? What could you have become? This like all bad things in life will come to pass or make you stronger for having endured them if you end things now you won’t just hurt yourself but all who love you remember everything in life you ever enjoyed you will have more enjoyable memories to come more people to know and care for you as time goes on and you will care for them you must make the most of your life you will be happier for doing so

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

What would your child self say about your adult self considering suicide? Reflect on that.

3. Kaladin504

Kaladin504 Fapstronaut

@???? I am sorry you are feeling this way. Please seek help if you truly feel like injuring and/or killing yourself. It may not feel like it, but there are people who want to help. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. You are in my prayers.

4. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

This is where you are wrong. I'm not an American. I'm a proud citizen of Finland. And we didn't need to use as bad measures as described above to pretty much neutralize the situation.

5. @bestme996 no driver’s license = no job. I had a look on Jora a job website for an IT Help Desk job one of the ads listed “valid driver’s license with no driving restrictions” and 3+ years experience working in help desk. That last part is probably not mandatory but I still need a driver’s license, until then I can’t get a job or live alone, I can’t go to the supermarket for groceries. I have a my own car to practice in but can’t go for a drive for these 6 weeks. I realised that the media is compulsively lying two days ago, watching the news made me depressed big time so no more of that. My plan is to wait this lockdown out, if it is extended for another 6 weeks or escalated to stage 5 then I don’t know what to do. The thought of this lasting for years is crushing, until the cases stop rising there will always be a lockdown.

6. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

It will not last for years! That's for certain. It will pass man.
    As it already is, this is destroying the economy and if it lasts for too long no one will have enough food or necessities since no one will be producing anything.

I am one of those conspiracist nut jobs, these draconian measures are just being used to crush our spirit and control us, don't let them win, while they can control us for a while. they cannot do it to these extreme levels forever or for years. Stay strong!
    Stay strong! You will have your own place! You might have to wait for a while but things will get better trust me on this one. You are getting stronger by the day.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. One thing I know is that if that is the goal, starving people would do ANYTHING to survive so people would be killing each other to be first in line for a microchip or vaccine if it meant getting rations from the government. If the gas stations close down, there won’t be fuel to distribute food the supermarket shelves would be empty. At that point the hysteria would be so great that there would be riots and people would be welded to their homes like what happened in China. If they escape their homes they would be executed for endangerment of the population. Only way to work and eat would be to be vaccinated, chipped and be in complete obedience to the state.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  8. Dr.LoveLength

Dr.LoveLength Fapstronaut

Our grandparents fought 2 world wars and saw all the herrors of hell.

Now this generation gets suicidal because of having to stay indoors for a few months to protect other people.

Easy times create weak people. Thats the state of society in 1st world countries now.

The first truely challenging situation or adversity is enough to break people down mentally, thats what a constant life of comfort and materialism does to people.

Go take a walk around a third world slum and then come back and read your post about how being locked in a house with fresh running water and a fridge with food inside is making you suicidal.

I'm sorry but its pathetic.

Probably going to get hate for this post but its the truth. Good old fasioned advise needed here.

Get and grip and pull yourself together.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  9. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

It does not have to go to that extreme levels.
    And different outcomes could all be in the good direction of the planners.
    If people riot, they can implement martial law and you can say bye bye to any semblance of democracy or public accountability that is still currently there and they can take it to anywhere from there.
    Or if there is less money and jobs to go round, they can make universal income which wouldn't be really enough to live a decent life. But if you can't afford to eat you will gladly accept it. And as you said, anyone who want to eat will accept all the other conditions that come with free handouts.

We are being played on a high psychological level, it's almost that confusion is the goal, where you don't know what's happening, whom to believe or what the end goal plan is which results in making people freeze not knowing how to respond and despair, I really like the work this guy has been putting out, a bit wordy but might be interesting:
    https://coronacircus.com/2020/07/31/peak-circus/
    https://coronacircus.com/2020/03/31...on-psychological-warfare-and-new-world-order/

Don't let anyone like that loser who posted before me make you feel that your pain is not worth it. He has trouble of his own that he cannot understand your situation.
    He just doesn't understand what is living with a narcissist is like!
    I lived in both (1st world and 3rd world) and I can honestly tell you that living in a technologically advanced society is much more painful than third world countries, children are happier there and closer to natural living. Very few commit suicide in 3rd world countries. They have better family and society bonds and most importantly happiness is not measured with fridges. Suffering comes in different forms and there is no universal judge to say who ought to be happy and who not to.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Deleted Account likes this.
  10. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

If anything is pathetic, it is your post! I don't know what is your problem exactly. But please reread your post and rethink if you really believe that it offers any help here and if you realize that it doesn't please offer your apology to the OP.

11. Thanks guys I don’t feel like dying anymore. I was in a dark state these few weeks I didn’t even realise it. Now I’m fine because I have plan to escape the crazy devil that’s living with me. With regards to the coronavirus I’m not watching any media anymore. No matter how bad it gets I’m stronger because I know it’s all a lie.

12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I'm glad you were able to get to a better place. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for help if you're ever feeling down again!

13. Dr.LoveLength

Dr.LoveLength Fapstronaut

Go tell that to 8 year old kids that spend 14 hours a day digging through rubbish pits to collect plastic bottles so they can buy a bowl of rice at night. Only to die of diease before they even get out of their teens. Thats easily the stupidest comment ive ever read... wow

Yes there are less suicides in third world countries compared to the west. Thats because challenging situations and circumstances build resilience and strength.

A full fridge doesnt equal happiness, but learning to practise gratitude puts you on the path.

14. This makes me happy to hear it. Never make permanent decisions based upon feelings, because regularly feelings change with time and place.

Good luck to you! :)

15. Stop talking you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you cared so much about those 8 year olds why don’t you go and help them? You’re actually contributing to those kids’ situation by buying McDonalds and smartphones and electronics and growing up in the west, to cope with how amazing your life is slaving away at a 9-5 job to barely afford to put food on the table. There are less suicides in third world countries because their life is simpler. Nobody is going through an existential crisis and being mentally destroyed because they can’t find food and water in third world countries. They have a strong sense of community that doesn’t exist in western society. In western society it’s every man for himself and if someone is suffering they are told to get on with it and bottle up their emotions and your previous post really summed up how you’re contributed to making that even worse.

16. I hear you.

Australia has a reputation for being one of the most repressive hyper-left Western societies to live in. It sounds really tough - way worse than we have it over here.

One of the best things that happened to me was that my radio broke right after the start of Covid. I hear everything I need to hear second-hand from everybody who's a slave to the mainstream media, and that's most people. Before that, the non-stop barrage of negativity really got to me, and there was one day when I didn't want to go to the shop in case I caught this supposed virus.

Now, though, I just feel normal. Luckily I have work to do. Not sure how I'd feel if I was stuck in the house all day, but stepping back from the media, and looking for alternative news sources is one suggestion I can make to you.

It can't hurt - why not take a break from all the programming? It's designed to ruin your nerves; don't help the bad guys in their quest to destroy you.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  17. Infantilization by narcissistic abuse is one of the worst things that can happen to a human being. Your soul has been stolen, and no-one will understand this except someone else who's been through it. The pain is something that shouldn't be allowed to happen, and it's all the worse because there's no relief and you can't reason with your abuser, it just opens your soul up to further vampirism.

Just hold on till Covid passes, then leave and break all contact. There are bound to be emergency accommodation arrangements where you are. You don't need to drive to get a job and start paying your own rent, even if it's washing dishes (this is actually a really good low-key job for being left alone to let your soul start healing, which will take a maddeningly long time).

At least you know there's someone out here who hears what you're saying. Just hold on, is all I can say, and never trust an instinct that keeps you bound to your abuser out of pathological empathy. When it's time to go, it might feel like an insane impulse not to be trusted, but you have to start learning to trust and act on your own thoughts, feelings and impulses NO MATTER THE CONSEQUENCES.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  18. Great post!

Also, it's true. The first time I stood up to my main abuser, it felt like having some sort of spiritual orgasm, because I realised I could do it. The build-up was absolutely horrible, but afterwards, it was like "What now?" Granted, I was in a physically different location, but you might be able to do it where you are, if you need to. You do have rights that are protected by law, even if this is hard or impossible to recognise for you right now.

A really, really useful tip I got from a YouTube video on dealing with narcissistic abuse is not to reason with the narcissist, but just to stick to the point. Only interact when you have to, express your point in as short a sentence as you can, and stick to that sentence. Repeat it over and over, and don't rise to the emotional bait they throw at you. Let them go crazy with all their manipulative tactics - you'll have to learn to weather all the negative emotions of fear, dread and doubt that they stir up inside you and still not let go of your nerve. Listen to what they say, and address it directly and literally. This can be very hard if they've been gaslighting you, so just take the point of what they're saying, and ask for clarification, until they clarify what they're saying and can't shift positions on you.

I know I'm cramming a lot in here, but your time would be very well spent watching every YouTube video you can on this stuff, instead of listening to Covid fearmongering. Here, start with this woman:

SoaringEagle likes this.
  19. Don't get trapped by hopelessness. Get a flat with the supplement money, and get a job in the neighbourhood of the flat. Take any flat, and get any job. Cross the other bridges if and when you come to them. YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE NARCISSIST AT ALL COSTS, OR HE OR SHE WILL KILL YOU. These words will look crazy to anyone who hasn't been through this thing, but I don't care. Pray to God for a moment of strength, even if you don't believe in God. Just do it, and when the moment comes, get out of the door, and DO NOT LOOK BACK.

SoaringEagle likes this.
  20. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

not only you.. but all are kept quarantine or isolated so that you can live..
    and others as well.

may be you are strong, healthy and have huge immunity power but still you can act as a virus carrier and pass onto those who have weak immunity. This is not only for you but for the safety of others as well. How would you feel that you passed the virus to a 10 year old kid and now he is on ventilator support.

Tough times ask for tough measures. And still conditions are not that bad.
    There are people who used to go out only once a week and spend rest time inside home on couch or bed with phone, movies and video games and now suddenly they want to go out and enjoy the freedom.

When you are in a problem, Always remember:
    There are those who are in worse situations than these and they dont even have this platform or any other platform to speak things up share with anybody because they are fighting for food on daily basis.

We look for small solutions and then we post it somewhere and get rid of it.
    If you or any other really want to solve this problem then start an online campaign that caused this problem, stand against it and tell govt that we can live on higher costs, we'll buy one less item for household but will now allow any business with those who created the virus and forced this situation upon us and the reason of all the jobs and lives lost.

These are my personal vies on the epidemic we are facing.
    And believe me if you are in 20s-30s, the you are going to face a lot tougher times in near future, this is just a demo.