1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maythe4thbewithyou

Maythe4thbewithyou Fapstronaut

2. tierharribel

tierharribel Fapstronaut

3. tierharribel

tierharribel Fapstronaut

4. tierharribel

tierharribel Fapstronaut

5. james0422

james0422 Fapstronaut

6. LanciaDelta

LanciaDelta Fapstronaut

7. I keep failing and it pisses me off so much, I started seeing a psychologist and it helped me a bit (I stayed clean for 18days) but as soon as I returned home from my vacations, I relapsed.
    I will try to calm down and to start again properly but after all this time fighting my addiction, I am beginning to think I will never make it :(

8. rewiring4good

rewiring4good Fapstronaut

Day 19
    The one strike you are out challenge I am half way through, is really helping.
    You have to be strict with yourself by setting consequences if you mess up.:emoji_punch:

9. LanciaDelta

LanciaDelta Fapstronaut

10. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

11. LanciaDelta

LanciaDelta Fapstronaut

12. LanciaDelta

LanciaDelta Fapstronaut

Don't think that way. You are the sole barrier between your addiction and your desired life. It depends on you. I know it's really hard, but you can make it, it is in fact possible to achieve this desire. Only thing you can do now is to go ahead, steam away and trust me, once you get past a certain point, the urges will just fade away, and be replaced by sheer enthusiasm and serenity.

13. g
    While the book Abstinence is a Myth by Adi Jaffe is simply a pitch and introduction to an expensive addiction recovery program, it changed my perspective on dealing with addiction. Addiction is not static. In addition, recovery is not an all or nothing affair. Here is an excerpt from the book that may help you:
    "
    The individual nature of addiction has another level that affects our experiences:
    addiction problems ebb and flow.
    The way people talk about addiction, you’d think that addicts are always stuck
    in an incomprehensible mess of a life. But for many, that is simply not true. The
    different elements involved— spirituality, psychology, biology, and the
    environment—wax and wane in severity as people’s lives change. As they get in
    and out of marriages or romantic relationships, surround themselves with
    different people, get sicker and healthier, face increased or reduced stress, and
    more, their addiction problem gets bigger or smaller—or disappears for long
    periods of time.
    The reality is that most people float in and out of their “addiction” state, but
    for the most part no one is paying attention when the problem isn’t there. Then
    all the old stories of addiction replay themselves when the person begins to
    struggle, perhaps after the death of a loved one, a job loss, or some other turning
    point.
    No matter what cycle of addiction we might fit into, without a strong enough
    foundation, we may return to unhealthy behaviors when a crisis comes along, not
    because our disease was waiting in the wings, but because of our unique mix of
    strengths and vulnerabilities. Our lives have changed substantially and we may
    need help righting ourselves at that particular moment in our lives. What’s more,
    what worked in the past may not work in the present.
    The “problems” underlying our addictions are not constant and neither are the
    solutions. We can think of the analogy of someone diagnosed with cancer. The
    five stages of cancer describe the condition in terms of scale and impact from
    small and very localized to larger and beginning to spread, and finally to large
    and affecting multiple organs. Along the continuum there are different treatment
    approaches—including surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, plasma transfusions,
    and immunotherapy—and different prognoses. Some types of cancers and
    treatments even allow a person to control the disease’s progression for many
    years, not by eradicating it but by managing it. It’s similar to the model used for
    HIV infection, where a combination of drug therapies allows many people to
    live healthy lives without ever developing AIDS.
    With addiction, people travel between the different severities and dysfunction
    all the time.
    "

14. Day 51

The quality of my sleep has improved immensely especially during the past week. I feel more well-rested and have more energy for the day.

15. james0422

james0422 Fapstronaut