1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your breathing can change your life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cuffmecrimson, Aug 15, 2020.

1. cuffmecrimson

cuffmecrimson Fapstronaut

If anyone has ever heard of the man named Wim Hof, he has completely changed my life.

Wim Hof is a dutch athlete that holds several world records for being submerged in freezing cold ice water, and climbing mountains like Mount Everest in nothing but his shorts. He is nothing short of a superhuman. Wim openly shares his life, and attributes all of his success to what he calls the “Wim Hof” method. The method is essentially a three-part technique, breathing exercises, cold showers/cold exposure, and meditation. He claims that the method allows you to have control over your autoimmune system, And recent scientific studies have proven this to be true. By practicing all three, you feel nothing short of superhuman

I have been practicing the WHM for several months and it is completely life changing. Particularly the breathing exercises (the most famous component of the WHM). After if finish the 15-20 minute exercises, I feel superhuman. I feel like I just drank a gallon of espresso. I approach exercise with a newfound ferocity, it feels natural to jump in an ice cold shower, and so much more.

Has any other Fapstronaut practiced the method? If you haven’t, I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend researching it and practicing it on your own. It’s equally as life changing as nofap in my opinion.

love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

What are the breathing excercises he recommend? I heard of him through Elliot Hulse.

Cold showers are really good, espcially before a physical training.

cuffmecrimson likes this.
  3. I like the idea of this would you care to elaborate a little more on your daily scedule?
    I already take cold showers well not quite the entire shower but am working at making the cold part longer.

4. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

this kind of doable activities must be very welcome in life.....

5. cuffmecrimson

It’s his own technique. There’s plenty of guided breathing tutorials out there, but i highly recommend doing all three components, breath, meditation, and cold showers!

here’s wim himself briefly explaining the method:

And here’s him explaining how to practice his breathing!

Hope this helps!

Timecop likes this.
  6. cuffmecrimson

Sure thing!

I wake up in the morning, and immediately get out of bed to get a glass of water. The effects of the breathing exercises are better on an empty stomach, so I don’t eat until after. I immediately go lay on the floor, and do 5 rounds of breathing, 20 ish minutes of it. It’s incredible. Afterwords, I feel like a new person. After breathing I go take a cold shower. That’s what truly wakes me up. And straight from that I go to eat breakfast, and take care of everything else I need to in the mornings.

Sometimes I change the order (shower first, breathing after), but I always do it before I eat. I also will do it again during the day if I feel like I need to. It helps relax the mind and completely kills anxiety, so I often will do it before a meeting or interview to kill the nerves. It feels like you’re resetting your body to its primal beginnings, that’s the only way I can explain it.

hope this helps!

7. cuffmecrimson

To everyone out there who is interested in this:

if you ever are looking for something productive to watch, this short film on wim hof is absolutely outstanding. It gives me goosebumps. I highly recommend watching it to take a deeper look at the method

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Henryforward likes this.
  8. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers since 2 months now. One of the best thing against sexual urges.

I don't want to brag, but I'm so used to the cold water right now ( Summer makes it easy, I know, I know ). I can't wait to see how it goes during fall and winter.

cuffmecrimson and Henryforward like this.
  9. cuffmecrimson

That’s awesome bro, keep it up! It’s literally the best feeling

Henryforward and Timecop like this.
  10. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Will definetly give it a try.
    Thanks for sharing!

11. frace

frace Fapstronaut

I tried just a few breaths with this method and I totally flew away... I had a tingling sensation all over my body. :O I will definitely try all of his breathing exercises!
    Why is that? Why are cold showers so important and helpful during reboot?

12. Absolutely. My uncle stopped breathing and he died, life changing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020
  13. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

It helps when you have the urges of masturbating. It shift your attention toward something else, in this case, cold shower.

You are going to have a harder time thinking when the cold hits your body, but you will feel alive.

14. frace

frace Fapstronaut

Thank You for the tip. It seems obvious now. :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  15. cuffmecrimson

No balls

If its not strong enough for you, you're doing it wrong.

When executed properly, you will feel an intense tingling sensation all over. Its like a slap in the face. Refine your technique, and it truly can kill anxiety! I speak from experience!

Heck yeah!! Isn't it phenomenal? And you only did a few breaths... theres so many layers to your physiology that you still haven't experienced!

I would highly recommend going on youtube and watching one of the guided breathings by wim hof. That'll get you breathing deeply, and truly experiencing the full technique. Its totally worth it, trust me.
    Hope this helps!