1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation and testosterone levels

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TOMCRUISE007, Aug 18, 2020.

1. TOMCRUISE007

TOMCRUISE007 Fapstronaut

Ha anyone had an increase in t levels after doing meditation for quite a long time??
    Ihv set out to meditate 1 hour everyday for 30 fays
    Along nofap ofc
    Feel free to give any advise

2. Are you meditating with the goal to increase your testosterone levels?

3. TOMCRUISE007

TOMCRUISE007 Fapstronaut

Not due to that particular reason, but ya mainly for physical benefits n to increase my concentration and memory
    Spirituality is too being searched

thinking_differently likes this.
  4. It won't actually make a difference (as far as T level increase is concerned, cuz it's a minuscule increase, that looks good on paper but doesn't do jack in real life).

5. I see. I am not an expert on meditation but it is something I have been doing for a very long time and if you are open to a little guidance I would be happy to give you some important pointers? Meditation is not a game or something you do to get an experience out of. It is a very serious inquiry into yourself. I think this is something a lot of people don't understand. So if you would like a little help, let me know?

TOMCRUISE007 likes this.
  6. RogerFM

RogerFM Fapstronaut

i wasn't even aware meditation had any impact on T levels, I thought it mainly helped with concentration overall

7. TOMCRUISE007

TOMCRUISE007 Fapstronaut

Ofcourse!why not?
    Im all open to wisdom n advice of any kind

8. Good to hear. I just don't want to give advice that is not asked for because there is no openness to it. Your post caught my attention because I feel like the desire to meditate is coming from wanting to gain some experience or advantage through the practice. It is not about "gaining or wanting" it is about looking at "what is" If you sit in meditation with an intention of making your mind quiet or gaining an experience then you have stepped off the mark and meditation is lost. It is a popular belief that meditation is about forcing the mind into a special sate. People do this by counting breaths or chanting a mantra until the mind becomes quiet then they get up and carry on with their mental struggle and contradiction. This is a dangerous game because the mind is being forced, suppressed and narrowed down into a temporary space of stillness, then the thoughts come rushing back and the struggle starts all over again because thought itself has not been understood. The Sanskrit meaning for the word meditation is "to see the measure" that means to see how the mind is making measurements through comparison, judgement, liking, disliking. Meditation is simple being aware of it. There is no force involved in it because there is nothing to be forced. You sit quietly in a position that is comfortable for you and observe every thing that is happening inside. Whatever sensation arises in the body you just observe it. whatever thought arises in the mind you just observe it. The important thing here is not to judge what you are experiencing. It must be seen objectively and without any reaction. If you need to scratch or if there is pain somewhere on the body, again just observe it and you will see how it passes away in time. The law of nature is exactly this, atoms are arising and passing away constantly throughout the entire universe and it is no different to what is happening inside your body. It is the nature of change and true meditation is watching it move. The significance of this is that by watching what is happening from moment to moment WITHOUT REACTING TO IT, the habit pattern of the mind begins to change. The root of suffering is this reaction to thought and sensation. With meditation, thought and sensation is still there and will always be there, only now you are have understood the temporary nature of it and become free from it. Meditation is a very beautiful thing because it is aligning yourself with the very nature of reality and by doing this suffering comes to an end.

There is more to it than what I have written but I think this is the most important thing to be aware of if you really want to do this properly. Please don't take what I have written as truth and blindly follow it. You have to sit and see this truth for yourself, the nature of change and the conditioning of your own mind without judgment. I think to start off with you can practice a form of breath meditation called Anapana which is observing the breath as it comes in and goes out around the nostrils. Just to still the mind and make it sensative to sensation but this alone will not make the mind change its habit. Eventually you have to leave the breath alone and feel the entire body from head to toe. Anyway, the rest is up to you, it is self discovery and the path is long. If you are interested have a look at something called "Vipassana" it is a ten day course held all over the world. They are donation based and they give you the perfect environment to really dig deep and see what meditation is all about. I hope this is some help to you and a wish you all the best.

Be happy :)

TOMCRUISE007 likes this.
  9. TOMCRUISE007

TOMCRUISE007 Fapstronaut

I am a member of the yss(u might need to Google that) and there are many meditation methods preached there
    I havnt learnt them fully but I guess ill try the former one u mentioned......not reacting to sensations
    I regularly do the latter.

10. There are a lot of methods out there. If i can be allowed an opinion the method I described is meditation in its purest form. Seeing reality as it is and this is how suffering can be eradicated. Personally I don't trust any teaching that asks for payment in return. There are a lot of so called Gurus out there and people follow them blindly because their meditation techniques give some fantastic experiences. Anyway you have to discover for yourself.

TOMCRUISE007 likes this.
  11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

What's so damn fascinating about testosterone levels to some people? I mean I get it but... Wtf.

12. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Meditation will not increase testosterone
    It's better to have a normal level of this hormone than an excess.
    This hormon it's not a special pill to achieve what you want.
    You are just in puberty ( 14yo ) step by step , time to time and your insecurities will lessen