1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does suffering ever end?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 19, 2020.

1. We are condemned to live a life of suffering, we can only endure it, those who don't suffer are only the rich and the dead. Until we have company, how will we cope with loneliness? When those who matter to us leave, what will be left of us?
    When are we going to be loved?
    We may postpone suffering, but loneliness always brings suffering and bad energy. We train, we read, we meditate, we love, we experience, but at the end of the day we'll only be left to suffer.

Masked Man and Deleted Account like this.
  2. FlowingSaiyan

FlowingSaiyan Fapstronaut

Well that's a pretty nihilistic approach to life. Yes you will definitely suffer in life, but you will never only suffer. There are phases to life - sometimes you are happy and sometimes you are sad. And by saying that life is full of suffering, you automatically create a possibility that life may be joyful as well. The problem with this is that you are left with only two words to describe life - joyful and suffering, and there is a huge grey area in between that tends to get neglected. And that is exactly why your perspective matters so much. As Seneca precisely said, "We suffer more often in our imagination than in reality". Life is indeed full of suffering, but that suffering is also interspersed with joy. But we can look at the same situation this way - life is full of joy interspersed with suffering. I hope you get what I mean.

3. I've been cheated, been mistreated, when will I be loved? :emoji_trumpet:

No one suffers alone, all the suffering in the world has been felt before and will be felt till the end. Just as our joy can be turned to sorrow our sorrow can be turned to joy because our suffering has been made redemptive. God bless you.

4. My comrades above said it all already, but I still want to say a few things.
    I disagree with you. Suffering and pain will always be there and you can't run away from it. That is true. However, life isn't only about suffering. I wonder what you had to go through to come to this conclusion, but it's pretty sad to see.

You say the rich don't suffer? Money doesn't prevent you from experiencing pain. Like I said, nobody can run away from it. Some rich people are very depressed while some poor people are happy. It's all in the mind and how you perceive what's around you.

Suffering, like everything in life, does have an end. Nothing lasts forever. However, it won't go away on its own. You either learn to deal with it, or you change your situation. Whining and complaining won't do shit. Only the strong survive. Being happy and moving forward is a choice, so make the right choice.

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  5. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my post, I didn't make my message clear after all. I am trying to understand suffering as a feeling and as an idea, I've started meditating, and reading books on buddhist phylosophy/history. I definitely am not depressed, and I don't think suffering is a negative emotion. If you go to the roots, life truly is suffering, but seeking to escape or deny it, is a sign we aren't strong enough.

FlowingSaiyan and Johnthesavage like this.
  6. badhou3a

badhou3a Fapstronaut

real suffering is in hell mate , smile you are not in hell , if you don't have heart problems do intensive physical activities and pray daily it helps alot with all problems , try to make sure your karma is positive by helping poor people and you will see how it will bring you happiness . in my case my karma is very negative so i suffer somehow and im aware i need to make balance if i want to get rid of my genital disease.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  7. JonUnder

JonUnder New Fapstronaut

Why did you decide that rich people do not suffer? You have a very dull attitude towards life. You need to be happy with what you have.

8. @Mr. Diesel You have to find out for yourself if suffering can come to an end, no one else can do it for you. We suffer because we do not understand ourselves. We are blind to our reactions and motives and so we cannot see that we are attached. There is no book, no guru, no god that can show you who you are. Only you can look within yourself and become aware of what you have never been aware of before. Observe yourself and come out of your misery.

9. Struggle is the nature's way of strenghtening it

10. I would define loneliness as a feeling of missing something. Not feeling enough.
    I don't feel lonely because I know and feel enough for myself. I am great. Not just great. But amazing.
    I wouldn't want to change with anybody in this world. :)

11. The time and things we experienced together will remain. Sometimes more sometimes less. :)

12. Sometimes we are loved but people don't show it too often, so we tend to forget it.
    The most important thing is to love yourself unconditionally.

13. to experience*
    Suffering is unavoidable but the feeling of loneliness is. Not always of course. But what about the good days :) the days
    we don't count because we hold on and dwell to long to the negative feelings from yesterday.

14. selfimprovementotaku

selfimprovementotaku New Fapstronaut

were all in this together, were all gonna make it bro ;)

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  15. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Yep suffering will always be there. No matter what. Get used to it. And possibly it will be just a hindrance.

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  16. locomia

locomia Fapstronaut

cope until you rope

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  17. FlowingSaiyan

FlowingSaiyan Fapstronaut

Maybe you'll find something interesting here.

18. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

ok,
    1. RICH SUFFER ALSO
    not even gonna post references cos this one should be obvious

2. LONELINESS IS A STATE OF MIND, NOT A STATE OF REAL LIFE CONDITIONS
    i can be lonely when i'm at a party or amongst hundreds of people at the beach, and i can be not lonely when i'm alone in the woods or praying in my room at night in the moonlight

do you love yourself?

well life is suffering, but there are good days and bad days, and it seems you had a bad day. what can i tell you? the time will pass, and you will experience joy again. keep hoping, keep grinding, and you will see the rest of it.

yes, just yesterday, after having spent the whole weekend on my own, reading, being by myself, i realized that this was great and how great my life was, despite EVERYTHING that was dooming over my head (and believe me theres lots i could be worried and depressed about)... i was just so happy and content, and the best thing was, i realized that i didnt need anything more :)

Tommy34 likes this.
  19. Tommy34

Tommy34 Fapstronaut

I think that rich also suffer in their own ways. Everyone is going through something of their own. Sure money buys you things which can be distractions but everyone suffers.

20. Tommy34

Tommy34 Fapstronaut

As human beings we need social interaction/ affection/ companionship to satisfy us. The notion that "You don't need anyone to make you happy" in my opinion is hard to grasp. Everyone needs someone at the end of the day but you shouldn't put your happiness on one individual. I think living in the moment as much as possible is the key in this.