1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to become real men.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by False promise, May 3, 2020.

1. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

This is important: "This thread was made for like minded people to encourage and support one another."

Ask yourself if you are doing that.

2. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

I agree. Let's get back to the original topic @False promise started. This thread has drifted into quarreling, and it's not benefiting either side of the quarrel.

MHero and thinking_differently like this.
  3. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

Thanks!

MHero likes this.
  4. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Okay, I'll start getting thing back to topic again. I've recently been reading about Brahmacarya, in Hinduism/Buddhism/Yogic tradition where there is an emphasis on sexual abstinence for a better and more spiritual life. There's a lot of focus on the "life force" being in the semen and it is no to be wasted, and diverted upward to the mind instead.
    This sounds similar to what Christian monks do, staying sexually abstinent, to be able to shift that energy into other things, spiritual and practical.

Any other examples of different cultures/religions historically embracing semen retention?

5. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

The amazon-forest people often engage in a long ritual before attempting a vision through Psilocybin mushrooms.

It's possible that they would also refrain from sexual activity in order to preserve the life force within.

I would hate to give the impression that I know what the heck is going on at life. I haven't experienced much of it myself so it's only natural for my words to be not that "understandable".
    What I can provide is perspective.

Sosuke Aizen and MHero like this.
  6. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I believe the Chinese also had a form of this with the "Tao". As I understand the history there was a triangular set of roles: The Jade Dragon, The Red Dragon, and The White Tigress.

The White Tigress was married to the Jade Dragon who held his seed for the sake of health and longevity. However, it was recognized that semen was not only good for the Jade Dragon, it was also good for the White Tigress to absorb it as well. This was where the Red Dragons came in. The were often younger men who could more easily squander their reserves.

Put another way, the Jade Dragon was a voyeur who would watch his wife enjoy the semen from younger men while he held his own.

I must admit, I see the logic in this. IF retaining is good for the husband, then wouldn't absorbing semen be good for the wife? How do you solve that conundrum? Naturally, you get the semen from a third party.

IF....a big if....society could get over it, wouldn't this be the best health strategy for a couple? A husband retaining his semen while she gets the benefit from it externally?

thinking_differently likes this.
  7. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

That’s the point to which SR becomes Fanaticism.
    Watching Your own wife f*** others?!

Captain! and Raven King like this.
  8. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

The man can also reabsorb semen and get its benefits. The man can produce the semen and also after the complex production it also his body to absorb it for nourslishment, the red dragon and the white tigres is the same person, the ying and the yang in the individual.

9. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

They are trying to push their own shortcomings onto us.

10. False promise

SR should be for the benefit of ourselves. We don’t know how semen could affect a woman, we only know how it affects us. Let’s focus on that. @Davidphd1866

Captain! likes this.
  11. False promise

@MHero how are you doing now my friend?

MHero likes this.
  12. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

I’m sorry if it bothers ya,
    But are you married? Would you See your wife get penetrated by someone else, while you do nothing?

I’m sure most people would feel disgusted by that thought and let out a curse or two upon me!

becomingreat and MHero like this.
  13. I'm curious what you gentlemen (in particular @Davidphd1866) think of auto-fellatio if you're considering the applicability of an approach that can be likened to cuckolding.

EDIT- not that there's any similarity between the two ofc :oops: I am simply curious about your approach :D

MHero likes this.
  14. False promise

No I would not. That’s why I said let’s redirect our focus.

MHero and thinking_differently like this.
  15. False promise

It’s not far off from self stroking, so perhaps you should tell us what you think of it, since only 1 day ago you engaged in something similar?

16. Believe it or not, people can reset their streaks for something unrelated to masturbation :rolleyes:
    Perhaps you should shirk off your bias and refrain from making personal comments about something you don't know anything about :confused:

I am still interested in the opinions of any other gentlemen willing to entertain my question, be it on this thread or via PM :D

17. Indeed ;)

18. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I was simply trying to answer Raven King's question. Namely, are there other cultures out there practicing some form of semen retention. I believe I did exactly that.

I agree, however, that my follow-up question may be suitable for another thread.

19. Actually, I find you unnecessarily hostile when presented with an opposing view and incapable of holding any discussion past 2 comments without resorting to aggression and personal attacks. :confused:
    Call me whatever you like :p

Again, all others interested in giving their views to my comment are invited to do so :D

20. False promise

Actually, you came in here trying to troll what David said, and you were met with an equal response. Unfortunately you cowered away from the question because you’re terrified of criticism despite the fact that you like to dish it out. It’s a pretty pathetic complex you got going on there.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.