1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Soda addiction

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I admit that that I am very addicted to soda just like many people here in America is. Especially if I am eating junk foods like fast foods.

Can you imagine if there was a severe shortage of soda in America? People would freak out. I do admit that when I eat good Asian food, I do not crave soda because soda generally does not taste good with better quality authentic Asian foods. Like I would never drink soda with good sushi for example, that's not a good combination.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to cut down on soda.

LEPAGE and Baroque like this.
  2. It's good that you're trying to cut it out; single-handedly one of the most destructive products we consume. It's one of the craving's I find toughest to fend off but I now only have it in restaurants or on special occasions.

3. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

Consume them once in a while don´t buy them for your home. Drink for example green tea or white tea. Both really good. Also try drinking something else at work

4. Do you drink a lot of tea and coffee?
    If so you probably have a caffeine addiction ( soda contains caffeine) so you will to stop consuming caffeine not just soda.

5. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

@Kurapika 2 depends on the kind of soda, Fanta, Sprite and the like have none. Coke is pretty much the only soda to have caffeine, I think

6. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

Maybe I've never had better quality authentic Asian foods because in my experience soda goes well with Asian food, including sushi.

I do have my limits though. For instance, I could never have soda with cookies.

7. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

I used to like Sprite until they got rid of the caffeine. Same with Sunkist.

My main vice is Pepsi With Real Sugar(formerly Pepsi Throwback).

8. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hey Waldo 101!

Do you have a blueprint to achieving this goal? i.e. Cutting down to one soda per day for a week. The next week, only 5 sodas that week, etc ect? I ask because I find that having a blueprint or a guide when achieving goals, helps to successfully achieve them.

9. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

You could also switch to seltzer. It's bubbly, refreshing, comes in different flavors or just bubbles, and it's not even unhealthy. For the most part anyway. I'm sure water would be better, but sometimes variety is nice.

10. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

No blue print but it's something I should consider.

11. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

I assume that "Soda" means "soft drink" ?
    Yes, it really makes addicted. And it is very very unhealthy.
    Soda makes you bloated, sugar makes you fat, sugar replacements are causing headaches and cancer.

It's really crap.

But it is very easy to overcome!
    Just drink more water. Clean water, not sparkling.
    Depending on where you live, you might get the best water for free directly out of the pipe ...

Or look for natural fruit juices, without additives. Just look out and try to change your lifestyle.
    Fast food is very common in America, but there is also a very good eating culture. In the big cities like New York and San Francisco, you get really everything. It's a matter of choice.

12. I used to drink a lot of soda. Then I did one of those juice cleanses/reboots. After my detox I haven't really craved soda and I don't really drink it anymore. If I do have one I can't finish it.

13. globewide

globewide New Fapstronaut

I like to drink soda

14. Just throwing this out there. I used to be a heavy soda drinker until I finally quit cold-turkey. Went zero-carbonated beverages for about a year, but recently have been indulging in Zevia stevia-sweetened sodas. Not saying they're perfectly healthy, but there are much worse indulgences in life. I'd say there a good tool to use if you want to use them to cut down on soda.

LEPAGE likes this.
  15. Hiro 304

Hiro 304 Fapstronaut

I've cut my soda addiction throught water. Since staying on pc makes me thirsty, I always have a bottle of water close by. It has a good taste tho :p

16. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Soda doesn't taste the same after your first root canal.

LEPAGE likes this.