1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rating women on a scale?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by gyro combo, Aug 21, 2020.

Anyone else feel weird rating women on a scale?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. gyro combo

gyro combo Fapstronaut

Giving someone a number based on their looks is a little bit objectifying, don't you think? I wouldn't want someone comparing me to my peers, probably because I assume I'd score low.

2. It is objectifying. Just don't do it. You telling me that you would rate a woman with a huge ass and tits but has a shitty personality better than you would rate a woman with "less" growth in certain areas but has an amazing personality, extremely supportive and has the best manners you could ever ask for? Second option all the way. Till the end.

Krillin1993, vicicool, Abzu and 4 others like this.
  3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

We all judge people, it's just human nature. However, we can consciously question whether our judgements are helpful.

With women, you may find adopting a yes/no observation is better. You're either interested or you're not. I learned this from 'models' by Mark Manson.

As for yourself, forget the numbers there too, all you can hope to be is better than who you were yesterday.

4. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

I can’t fathom how one can have a “Scale”.
    I don’t even know what kind if Parameters one would define, and how you one define the intensity of each parameter.
    What would be the standard?
    When you say this length is “one metre” you use a fundamental quantity, a certain wavelength of light to define it.
    You need a standard!

So any discussion about this is baloney until you define a standard. Go on.

TheStranger likes this.
  5. I find it pretty stupid. We aren't fucking objects and humans are far too complex to get their worth based on a random note given by a random person.

Giving a note or a number based on someone's look emphasizes even more the fact that looks are everything in our societies. They are important, and whoever says the contrary is blind for sure, but they aren't everything.

TheStranger and gyro combo like this.
  6. Beat_Wizard

Beat_Wizard Fapstronaut

Damn that's just true. But also depends on what you're looking for.
    Used to think if a girl is super hot and we didn't have chemistry, that it was my fault it didn't work. Like I messed up and I could have had sex with her had things been different. But what the personality of a person does to you can completely change how you see the world and stop outcome dependence.

gyro combo likes this.
  7. gyro combo

gyro combo Fapstronaut

Sorry, I think I'm a little confused. I didn't mean for this post to be so frustrating. Can you explain what you mean by a moral relapse?

8. dignifiedrose

dignifiedrose Fapstronaut

To respond to OP, I think it does feel a bit weird. I don't find it difficult to compare the physical attractiveness of people in my life. Having a relativistic "scale" seems like the next step, and I'm sure most people reading this created one at some point. I don't think you should be ashamed of your preferences, and to some degree you do not have control in the matter.

I think the issue arises when you, consciously or otherwise, judge a person's character based on their looks. I've unfortunately fallen victim to the attractive == good fallacy a few times, even though that really doesn't hold much ground in reality. Maybe the media's frequent portrayal of protagonists as handsome or charismatic lends to this, but I'm not really educated enough to speak on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't think with your dick, and don't judge a book by it's cover.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    gyro combo and The Passenger like this.
  9. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Women are human and should not be objects. Women should not be rated on a scale. But with that being said, as men, it's really natural for us to be attracted toward certain types of women than we do with other types of women.

Example: I am rarely attracted to women who have short hair. It's not in me. So for me I tend not to date women who have short hair. That's not my preference. I lean toward women who have long hair. That's my preference. I don't rate women on this, but I know my preferences.

For me, it's usually the looks that "spark" the chemistry between me and her. Then it's her personality that takes care the rest of it. I rarely am attracted to personality alone. I have to have biological attraction toward her.

I'd say that most men would have the same thing and that's okay. That's natural biological attraction.

Oldfart_v2 and gyro combo like this.
  10. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

I rate myself on a scale (probably 6/10) but for women “smash or pass” makes more sense (and it’s usually smash)

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

If you don't like it, just don't do it. Imo if someone feels like it helps them to rate people, I guess go for it, but imo it's just kinda silly.

12. Which part of this thread did you read that inspired your incoherent ramble?

Beat_Wizard likes this.
  13. gyro combo

gyro combo Fapstronaut

For future reference, someone had a post that was pretty rude here, but it got deleted.

14. I’m afraid today’s women have their own “scale” that you and your boys are on - regardless of whether you realize it or not: I’m talking about a list of attributes, commonly referred to as “Ideals”. It’s a bit more comprehensive than, “Does she look good enough to have sex with?”

For instance, their scale aims to determine to know whether the male in question is gainefully employed. If he is, what is the Earning Potential associated with his line of work? Does he have his own place (preferably his own house)? Does he have a valid driver’s liscence? Does he own a vehicle? And, what kind of vehicle? Does he like to cuddle after having sex? Does he have a book of jokes to make ‘em laugh? Is he over six-feet tall? Does he work out? Does he like animals? Does he practice good hygiene? Does his breath smell like an ass crack when he wakes up in the morning? Is he intellectually capable of being a challenge? Can he cook? Does he do dishes, and does he do his own laundry? Will he help with cleaning? And is he willing to make caring for a small child a “50-50” ordeal? Is he well-respected among his peers? I’m even hearing that the size of one’s genitals can be enough to make or break the overall evaluation.

My friend, the standards men and women hold each other to today are absolutely RIDICULOUS.

15. People are objects and sexual objects more than anything else. There's nothing degrading about that as long as you remember that they are subjects too.

I wonder what statistical distribution works best to describe female (or male, it's probably the same) beauty of a population. It's certainly not uniform - the perfect tens don't make up 10%, sadly...

thinking_differently likes this.
  16. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Yup. That is the truth.
    So if anyone thinks it’s sad, or wrong, please don’t feel so.
    Don’t ya “complement” someone for looking nice? :D
    Don’t ya look (not stare, just look) at that gorgeous lady across the street?

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  17. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

but I got laid even when I had a mattress and a bus pass

18. Mo1989

Mo1989 Fapstronaut

If you want to rate anything rate yourself leave others alone women have been exploited by men for years we should change it now starting by being a better son better brother better friend better yourself give women respect its priceless

19. Based on your profile picture, I'd rate you pretty highly.
    [​IMG]

Captain Caboodles likes this.
  20. Rating a woman on a scale is not ok since it shouldn't matter how much she weighs.

Only acceptable rating of a woman with a scale is when she's holding the scale in her hand and blind.