1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex or Love?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by mikimo, Aug 21, 2020.

1. mikimo

mikimo Fapstronaut

I've been in nofap for 13 days, and the truth is, I don't know if it only happens to me, but every day is like waking up in a new world, today I just realized that my relationship with my girlfriend of almost 10 years is practically based on have sex.

We currently have a long-distance relationship due to the covid problems, and I realized that when I miss her the most, or the most anxiety to know about her, is when I am hot. I don't want to be extreme with my decisions, maybe it's just a stage of my brain resetting, depriving myself of sex and masturbate, and feeling this maybe is part of the process, I do not want to feel alone, and at the same time I would not like to lose her because of a stupid decision . Could you give me some advice about whether this feeling is normal?

2. mikimo

mikimo Fapstronaut

Trust me i try so hard to be honest with me, but idk if this is just
    sexual coodependence, or a really miss her, i want to be healthier in my head to make the right decision

Roady likes this.
  3. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Do not worry about this feeling, it's part of the process , at the end you'll have a different intimate relationship and a different mentality about women.
    So complete your reboot and then you'll have your answers

TheStranger, Roady and mikimo like this.
  4. CosmoRedshift

CosmoRedshift Fapstronaut

I second this. You gotta get through the reboot first. Plus, you'll start to realize that your love for her and physical attraction can go hand in hand.

Roady and mikimo like this.
  5. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Well bro, you are in the ideal situation to figure out the love/sex question since you're long-distance.

Do you enjoy just talking to her? Hangining out together? Do you like her personality? Do you do things non-sexual together? Do you want to be with her in 10 more years?

You get a lot of clarity when you cut the PMO. Don't make a hasty decision but give it some deep thought.

mikimo likes this.
  6. DonSturdioRazor

DonSturdioRazor Fapstronaut

If you're expecting your emotions to guide you - you'll find love is a fleeting symptom of chemistry.
    If you are consistent with someone, let it be because you value being consistent, not because you are doing it in return for love.
    Your contribution to the world is how you decide to live in it, and what you decide to stand for.

mikimo and InappropriateUsername like this.
  7. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Deep bro, deep. But true.

FearMyDiscipline likes this.