1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good jobs without college/long education

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brilliantidiot, May 16, 2020.

1. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

I see what programming languages would you recommend to learn?

2. I'm afraid that needs a certification or degree nowadays, sadly. :(:(:(

3. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Depends on your area and your interests. I am learning ASP.Net Core to be a web developer. About to be job-ready.

I don't think degree is that necessary. If you get good enough, no one asks for degree.

4. Truckers make almost triple the average wage here. But it's a boring, nonstop work.

Taylor25 likes this.
  5. Delivery drivers seemly make about 60k to 85k USD a year and that's a good salary. Of course, you need a driver's license like most jobs do nowadays.

What about steward/flight attendant? They get paid for about 40k or more a year and I always thought that will be a good entry-level job but I don't feel like I need a certification/degree or driver's license for it. Yes, it takes training but I still don't need a certification or degree for a job and that would be stupid if they do.

6. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

@Taylor25

Where are you pulling those earning numbers from? I'll bet it's pay from an area where the cost of living is extremely high (and as such the income). If I would work fulltime - I have a reasonably well paying job - I would be earning around $28k a year. So I find it hard to believe a delivery driver earns two or three times that number.

7. Delivery drivers for FedEx and UPS make decent money here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I suspect they get good paychecks in other areas as well. A friend of mine retired from FedEx. He was a delivery driver. He raised five children who are all adults now and he was always in a nice house, at one point he had two houses. So that's a great suggestion.

I work for an airline. Airline employees are being laid off by the thousands due to Corona. Airline jobs aren't such a great idea right now unfortunately. And with all the airline employees that will be on furlough hoping to get their jobs back in addition to all the aviation people coming out of the military looking for aviation jobs, an employment seeker might want to think twice on that one. Once again very unfortunate since I think working in aviation is wonderful.

8. Even computer programming now requires a college degree. Some bookkeeping jobs require either a degree or certification.:emoji_sob:

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Any trade, plumber, electrician, carpenter, decorator, hvac, whatever, also IT services

and ultimately for risk addicts, markets trader hahaha

An0nym0use1234 and Fomo Sapiens like this.
  10. But we won't have got ourselves into debt after completing trade school, right?

11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Everything cost money, but surely being a certified tradesman is more inexpensive than any degree.
    Even then, you can actually start as an apprentice, get yourself up the ladder before being certified and actually pay for the certs with your hard work and sweat.

aricking likes this.
  12. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

13. I don't know if this helps, but what I think everybody
    should do, or what I'm working on,
    is to work hard for 1-4 years and build investment capital.

You don't have to go out and start a new career.
    You can, maybe you have to if people depend on you.
    But most dudes are ultimately wanting to build wealth.

Just work at whatever job comes along, go drive for Uber
    deliver food/pizza, take any job that hires you.

Work your tail off and try to save as much as you can.
    Then invest it. I am a stock guy, but you can invest in whatever.
    Crypto is hot right now, but I don't know.
    It's not for me.
    Real estate is the go-to around here.
    I'm not a fan.
    But other people think I'm an idiot.

Buy a fixer-upper and rehab it yourself.
    Flip musical instruments, cars, or some collectible.
    Scour the local flea markets or thrift shops for junk that will make a profit.
    Do odd jobs, rake leaves, clean gutters.
    Run for office!
    Do more than one of those things.
    Just get off your tail and get started.

It aint going to happen at your home,
    and it aint going to happen by researching it.

14. Driving jobs are decent paying and only require a licence.
    - Truck drivers
    - Couriers
    - Delivery Drivers
    - Uber/Taxi
    - Driving Instructor

Online businesses can also be very rewarding, I know people who became millionaires from doing stuff online without any education and credentials. Would say get a trade, but you have to be an apprentice for 4 years here (same amount of time it takes to get a degree at university).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2021
    Taylor25 likes this.
  15. Try - Hairstyle and Makeup Artist! - For Women.

if you master it! You'll get all the hottest girls around your area! No girl want to look ugly! and they all want to look hot!

If you got that skill, All girls would.want to become your girlfriends!

I missed up! I wish I was younger, I would've mastered this skill! Too bad now.

16. Brov, you can still get into beauty school. These places aren't exactly
    bastions of academic excellence...

Mr.Tony likes this.
  17. FirefromAbove

You can learn on YT too if you buy a kit from the store and have a relative willing to be your lab rat.

Barbers can make good money too.

18. Tell the other guy, I am not interested in beauty school. The hulk guy might be...

FirefromAbove likes this.
  19. FirefromAbove

He'll see it.

20. True, But I guess I'm too old for that now.