1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared to date because you don't think your mental health is good?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Aug 23, 2020.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Does anyone else feel like this? Where they think who would want me because their mental health isn't good?

Maybe your worried a woman would think your very strange, maybe your worried a woman would even think your not right in the head even.

Something I have realised is the amount of people that have mental health problems these days is quite staggering. I bet there is plenty of attractive women that have all kinds of issues with their mental health.

I was actually speaking to this attractive woman the other night and she was on like 5 different psych drugs for depression, anxiety and psychosis, and she had been self harming.

Speaking to her you wouldn't of knew and she was a very nice and very attractive woman.

It's just crazy the amount of people with issues these days.

But seriously if you think you have issues with your mental health and you think you can't date or meet someone because of your mental health, this isn't true.

I am really starting to realise this. I am starting to realise the amount of people that have issues with their mental health is actually staggering. I'm not in some small minority. I can go out and meet someone the same as anyone else, and so can you.

The Passenger and Apparition like this.
  2. That’s the thing. Everyone has some sort of flaw. Usually many flaws. Everybody has baggage.

I guess you have to ask yourself whether a person is worth the trouble of helping them walk through their circus. And find a person that’ll walk with you through yours. Because i’m not sure anyone really ever fits the definition of being “ready”.

People who are mentally unstable should refrain from relationships until they are mentally stable-if that ever happens. Everyone else has issues that are a lot like everyone else’s issues.

Apparition likes this.
  3. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

Exactly.. if that ever happens. My depression has kept me back for many years now. I'm often unhappy, or even miserable. It's as if everyone is easily walking through life and you're still struggling staying upright. I'm at the same cross road; should I push through with dating, or wait for better days. If they ever come! I just think women have the advantage that they will be able to get dates wether they're mental health is good or not. As long as they're attractive, men will approach them and ask them out. Don't think about me that way - I'm actually quite embaressed about my issues and poor self confidence so I'm not even going to try asking someone out I barely know.

4. There's another school of thought that says the only way out of the vicious cycle is to throw yourself in the deep end and start dating. If you don't have specific ideas about what constitutes 'ready', you'll never know whether or not you're there, is another point.

I need to take my own advice. :/

5. I don’t know anyone who’s doing it every day with stunning ease. A year and a half ago I was miserable: 80-90 hours a week of work, routinely canceling on my son to get work done, living with the guilt of that, doing it from sun-up-to-sun-down, seven days a week. It sucked. I wouldn’t say I was suicidal, but I had zero zest for life. I certainly wasn’t in a position to date. So I shut my business down for over four months and did nothing. I trusted God, and He worked it out. Business is now better than ever.

Sometimes, radical changes are needed. Sites like this provide support for problems a large percentage of the population either denies it has, or doesn’t understand. At least you are talking about it. A handful of people will have taken their own life by the time you read this.

I’m really not sure how you measure whether or not someone is ready to walk through life with someone else. But you can’t do that by constantly questioning yourself, picking your flaws apart and throwing in the towel.

6. Kramum

Kramum Fapstronaut

Everybody is going through something at any given time. You just live a sheltered life and/or don't really pay attention.

7. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Well I have been suffering with ongoing mental health problems for about 12 years. Mental health problems that I do feel like have seriously held me back in life.

I think my point was there is a lot of people suffering with mental health problems, but they still live a life. They still do things and go after things that they want in this life.

What if my mental health never corrects it's self and I am never truly stable? Am I supposed to never go after things that I really want in this life because I am this way?

What I am actually saying is in reality how many people in this world are actually stable? Yet they still live a happy life, seeking things they want in this life, and living a life that they actually want to live.

8. Kramum

Kramum Fapstronaut

You didn't tell us what your mental problem is. Maybe it's something no one would really care about? Maybe something can be done about it?