1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day NoFap Challenge

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Okay, I'm going to try this 30 day challenge thing. I'm new here so we'll see how it goes. I'll post each day to show how I'm doing.
    God bless everyone!

mdif7, Akeakua, judson and 2 others like this.
  2. Welcome to the fight of your life! Glad to have you join us.

the_Raged_Barbarian likes this.
  3. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

4. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

5. What led you back into the pit? What lie of PMO are you believing?

6. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Hi Tao. Ironically, the Gospel. Satan knows me, knows how committed I am to following Jesus in most other areas of my life. He knows I believe there is nothing I can do that will change God's love for me, knows that I have consistently pursued holiness, knows I trust in God's plan for me and His power in my life. He uses these truths to suggest things like ."Go ahead and get some relief. You know God's love for you is unwavering. He knows you have continually tried to kick this habit. He's not going to send you to hell." and "You will eventually conquer this thing so don't get hung up on doing it now and then." and "God will forgive you this time just like He always does." He is he father of lies, so I know he's using the truths I believe to misrepresent things.

I'm pretty sure my problem is selfishness. I know pmo is stealing, and will continue to steal, hours away from doing good for others out of love for them, but the attraction to the temporary high I get from it wins over my attraction to following God's will for my life in terms of loving others as He has loved me (John 13:34). Most often the enemy uses the truth that I have suffered from this weakness of the flesh for decades and failed in multiple ways trying to overcome it. Why bother fighting it. I'll just fall back into it after awhile. He uses my confidence in God's forgiveness and the historical truth of the length of time I've failed to overcome it to lure me back into it. And, even though I know I should just say no, that I won't die from the effort of abstaining from it. I have not yet reached the level of love necessary to give it up.

My approach for a few years now has been to gradually increase my service to others, believing that developing the good habits of love will eventually crowd out my selfish pursuit of illicit pleasure.

Maybe you can torpedo the pseudo logic the enemy is feeding me with some words of wisdom. I appreciate any help you can provide.
    God bless

7. I was also trapped in PMO for decades before finally trusting God with that part of my life. For me, I did not quit until I got desperate to do so. The paid of staying stuck had to outweigh the pain needed to change before I would embrace the pain of change.

What got me to that point? I realized I was destroying my marriage and my family by continuing to secretly turn to PMO for comfort. I wanted to quit quietly without anyone knowing. I tried my hardest and realized I was trapped and could not get out so easily. That's when I got desperate and took difficult, concrete steps to get free. The details are all in my journal.

I hope you will choose today what sort of man you want to be -- God's man or your own -- and then take the steps required to walk that path. Freedom will cost us something. The sooner we are willing to pay that price, the sooner we will get free. God is faithful to forgive, but we do not know his peace if we are constantly running to sin in an attempt to find fulfillment.

8. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I'd like to read your journal. Where can I find it? It's public isn't it?

9. Look under my profile picture. It's the link that says "My Journal." ;-)

10. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I found it.

Tao Jones likes this.
  11. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I enjoyed reading your journal. There are a lot of similarities for us - married, tried 12 step groups, determined to persevere until we pass on to the next life. I'm very encouraged by your quick replies to my posts. Thanks
    I'm going to start a journal in the 40+

Tao Jones likes this.
  12. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Haven't posted here for a few days. Been writing my journal and replying to others' posts.
    Right now I'm at a new beginning state as you can see by my counter. I believe I have found a significant breakthrough involving threats to my pride with my wife helping. We'll see how it goes. God bless to ya'll.

judson and Tao Jones like this.
  13. I'd love to hear more details. What is helpful for you may very well be helpful to many!

14. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I wrote a good bit of detail in the third post of my journal.

Tao Jones likes this.
  15. 1john4:4

1john4:4 Fapstronaut

Would love to do this with you.

Have had significant success interwoven with failures. Distressing a large portion of my life to focus more on my wife and being a better man of God.

Day 1 starts now.

!mkj! likes this.
  16. I will check it out!

17. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I started a new conversation "Doing This Together" in reply to your expressed desire to do this together. I don't know if that's the best way to communicate. I'm rather new here and trying to discover how to do things.

18. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I see the discussion in "Discussions" on my profile page, but not on the group forum. I guess that's like a private message. Let me know what you would like to do.
    God bless

19. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

One successful day!!! Halelujah! Thank You Jesus!!!
    It was very intense for a period of time, but my fear of having to reveal a relapse to my wife worked. Praise God!

Tao Jones likes this.
  20. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

I meant conversations not discussions