1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Batman Challenge - Can You Get Rid of a Bomb?

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Batty Belfry, Jul 13, 2020.

Will you become the Batman?

1. Become? I am the Batman!

96 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. No, I don't mind being an orphan.

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Maybe. I will keep training as Robin.

21 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Just found this challenge after "officially" joining NoFap a few weeks ago. I've been haphazardly attempting to reach the 90 day mark for the past year with limited success. I reached 40 days last fall but have been struggling ever since. The COVID pandemic certainly hasn't helped in the recovery process. I've had some pretty bad relapses and binges over the past couple of months. I'm currently on Day 4 now. Here's hoping all of us can overcome this addiction and achieve our goals.

2. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@+TenPercent It's not easy pretending to be a playboy philanderer, your name is worth more than money, Mr. Wayne.
    Welcome @orionpax42 and may the Batman be your guardian through the dark.

3. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Day 3 is in the books and Day 4 is wrapping up. Had a family emergency two nights ago and I was the most stressed I've been in a long time. Thankfully all of my family members are back home in one piece. I've been dealing with the stress and aftermath with exercise, cold showers, and actively talking to my friends and family members rather than using PMO like I traditionally would. My weekend is on the horizon so I'm gearing up for some urge surfing and replacement habits (exercise, cooking, reading, video games, phone calls/video chats with friends and family). Here's hoping my next update will be about reaching the one week mark.

4. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Day 5 complete. Spent the evening kayaking with some new friends and acquaintances.

5. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

And today makes 7. Had some good conversations with my roommates and friends on the phone. Did a lot of cooking as well. I plan on posting updates each week at the minimum. I've noticed that I'm dwelling a bit too much on the number of days in the streak.

I'm doing my best to remember this adage:

"Don't count the days; make the days count."

6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    day 6 for me,but ive been running around the city these past few days getting some things done an for some reason people in public i dont even know look at me like they know me , they act excited like when you spot a friend in public an get excited but i get confused cause i dont know who these prople are they just randomly look at me an smile it sometimes looks like they are going to say some thing to me like hey hows it been long time no see but no they dont say anything , either when they walk by me or stopped at traffic lights an they in other car an they look at me an smile ,theres nothing wrong with it im not complaining its just a weird frequent occurrence

Batty Belfry and BurgerChamp like this.
  7. mocoko

mocoko Fapstronaut

I think tomorrow I'll be Alfred Pennyworth

{Ananta} likes this.
  8. mocoko

mocoko Fapstronaut

The Robin period is now over and I continue my journey as a Alfred Pennyworth.

{Ananta} and BurgerChamp like this.
  9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    7 days on hard mode, im beaming on this winning streak

Batty Belfry and BurgerChamp like this.
  10. simba121785

simba121785 Fapstronaut

11. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@simba121785 Everything the light (and the dark!) touches is yours. @mocoko you are the keeper of the Wayne manor and its good name (depending on the story arc).
    @Anubis Rises it is nice to feel wanted.

Here's a bad Bat Dad joke I taught myself: I was walking down the street and on the side of a building I saw a poster with my face on it. Above my face was the word, WANTED. I thought, oh my gosh, yes. It is nice to be wanted!

The Batman Who Laughs will be here all week. Tip off your detectives.

Also, riddle me this! What's in a Wayne? A Batty Belfry! I am now the elusive Bruce Wayne.

BurgerChamp, CLaYFiRC and {Ananta} like this.
  12. simba121785

simba121785 Fapstronaut

Made it to Day 1! Next is Day 2! @Batty Belfry thank you for the encouraging words.

13. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

It's been a while since my last update.

I peeked just a few minutes ago but fortunately didn't give in to MO. There's been some built up stress from traveling during the pandemic and I haven't been sticking to my normal habit routine due to being on the road. I've still got some momentum going so I'm gonna count this instance as a 'slip-up' and not a reset or relapse since it wasn't full PMO.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  14. Alpha Wanna be

Alpha Wanna be Fapstronaut

Cool man! Just what I need :). I'm in!

BurgerChamp and Batty Belfry like this.
  15. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Not Batman-related but here's a video that you might appreciate and relate to.

16. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

Knowing what you've given to the Wayne name, @CLaYFiRC I would never ask for more from a gracious host like you. Keep that good work going!
    @Alpha Wanna be Soon enough you will also be the Omega. Welcome!

17. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    day 15 here but make no mistake alfred is no joke

BurgerChamp and Batty Belfry like this.
  18. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@Invincible Under The Sun welcome, and may the night make you vigilant, always.
    Be sure to include the challenge in your signature if you can.

BurgerChamp and {Ananta} like this.