1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The one sentence per day reading challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Maybe you've heard the quotes

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started" or
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"

This challenge is exactly about that. The road to success is not to decide to read 100 pages per day or so because at the day you fail (sooner or later you will), you feel like you've lost and suddenly you don't push yourself anymore and the habit fade away.

Another quote I like is

"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."

So in order to create a good reading challenge, the only thing we need is persistence with getting started. That should be applicable to most other challenges as well :)

Rules: Decide something to read if you don't have an active text already. Now your job is to read at least one sentence from that text every day until you've finished it. Then you pick a new text and continue.

Decide the number of days you want to go for and start reading. If you miss a day, you have to reset your counter.

2. I'm in. Starting with 100 days. I'm going to start with a magazine about running because I want to throw it away. :emoji_joy:

0/100.

@Awedouble
    @Souvent08
    @TinySpider

Johnthesavage likes this.
  3. 3/100. Finished the first magazine and now I'm half way through a second one I want to throw away.

4. 4/100. Third magazine finished.

5. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

What’s interesting is that from my own reflection on my abstinence journey, I was trying to come up with 3 P words to rely on to get me through. Because I had already had patience and persistence, but couldn’t come up with a solid 3rd P. It seems persistence and perseverance are essentially the same word, but I like permanence. Patience, persistence, and permanence. That will be my foundation. Thank you.

Johnthesavage and Force Majeure like this.
  6. That’s wonderful. I like your usename by the way, it’s similar to mine. :)

7. 5/100, forth magazine finished. Only one sentence triggers me to complete the whole magazine! The challenge is working.

8. Cool I will try this today.

Force Majeure likes this.
  9. 6/100, fifth magazine completed.

10. 8/100, seventh magazine completed. I think I have about 14 magazines left, then comes new things.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2020
  11. I got off my routine this week but I will try again as I think this challenge made a good difference.

1/100

12. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Just ran a quick calculation. My current book will take me about 11 and a half years to read. The book only has 160 pages.