1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Day 20 done :)
    I was tempted today but then I remembered how bad I feel afterwards, like for days after: no confidence, can't look people in the eye, irritable and grumpy. No way. Not worth it.

2. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Back on one day clean again. I have been put through the ringer this past week and it looks like it is only going to get harder. My home town is dealing with an outbreak of forest fires so yippee. I have a new strategy for my nofap and it is to focus on improving my life and situation around me. I don't want to continue relapsing so I will be trying this new strategy and I will be doing some more research in my free time.

3. Breakthrough!

Breakthrough! Fapstronaut

4. Day - 2 Completed
    Checking In For Day - 3
    Just 4 More Days To Pass This Phase
    Let's Do It:) :)

5. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

6. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Day 2. It's not much but it's honest work.

7. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I relapsed last night and this morning. At 25 days, this was the best streak I've had in a while but I was still too permissive with myself and peeked and edged a couple of times throughout which finally led to my downfall. While I'm disappointed right now, I'm planning on using this lesson to be more vigilant towards urges and to proactively avoid PMO.

Here is some helpful and relatable advice from Terry Crews:

I'm doing my best to forgive myself and move forward.

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Thank you for your messages of encouragement my brothers and sisters :). That means a lot to me, thank you :)

I fell yet again yesterday. i hope now i´ll put myself on the path out of Barad-Dûr ;). only 4 hours to go to a full pmo free day, so i´ll check in now :)

Let´s welcome the new members of the Challenge:

@unexpectedjellyfish

The following brothers have upgraded. Congratulations ;)

@G0ReadAB00k - Hobbit
    @1punchman - Hobbit

The path to Mordor is long and full of perils, let´s us not waste more time ;). Here´s Universal Man with words of bravery ;). Have a great day!!!

"Hey man,

Have you ever seen a dog balance a treat on its nose - using all of its self control & attention to stay as still as possible?
    [​IMG]

That’s “white knuckling” in action.

Even dogs have the ability to white knuckle.
    At least for a short period of time.

However, even the best behaved dogs will cave & binge after a minute or two.

This is an important point to remember when it comes to p*rn addiction.
    The human’s limbic system or “mammal” brain isn’t a whole lot different from that of a dog's.

I regularly see guys torturing themselves with p**n-urges - trying to ‘white knuckle’ their way through their day and their recovery.

White knucklers let their environment, their technology, and their habitual thought patterns constantly dangle the most irresistible clicks and website in front of them.

Gritting your teeth against sexual cravings will burn through your willpower faster than almost anything else.

If you've ever heard of the 'marshmallow test', the kids who caved in the fastest were the ones who stared & salivated over the marshmallow.

Rebooting by white knuckling turns your life into non-stop temptation "challenge" that saps your willpower & energy until you eventually break, (leading to relapse and possible binge).

If this describes your experience, you’re not alone.

Today, I want to talk about what no one seems to be talking about.
    It's one mental habit that is vital for a successful reboot.

This is the first key to keep your reboot on-track, your urges under control and strategies for complete, long-term p**n addiction recovery.

This video about about what I call “Intention Stabilization
    [​IMG]

• Why ‘white knucklingdepletes willpower and what to do instead
    • The difference between cleaning behaviors vs construction behaviors (this is a major reason some guys constantly relapse while others can ‘make it stick’)
    • Urge-prevention strategies are important… but leave a void behind that must be filled. I’ll show you behaviors that ‘fill the void’ and transform it into constructive action.
    • Specific habits to implement for the first three weeks of a reboot to build a foundation of self control
    • What to do in the phase after reboot to keep p*rn from worming its way back into your life (a ton of guys get tripped up by this, but there is a solution)
    ‘We cannot solve problems with the same thinking we used when we created them’
    ~ A. Einstein

…and you cannot quit p*rn with the same habits, behaviors and mindsets that created the addiction in the first place.

Stay sharp,
    Mark Queppet "

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you Rise for the useful insights! My problem is definitely focusing on building too many habits at once. Few become true habits. It is better to build two at a time, to really ingrain those good habits into my life. I have forgotten about the tortoise and the hare...

12. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

13. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

That's right, we learn with every mistake. Keep fighting brother! And congratulations for having accomplished 25 days.

14. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

This video was amazing
    As they say every cloud has a silver lining
    Former addicts have stronger pre frontal Cortex than normal people..
    That's great..
    Time to put up the best fight
    Day 4.
    Check in

15. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 1

I was up late again last night, but I stayed away from my devices and I got up at 9:05AM this morning, missing about 15 minutes of my online lecture. I was tired and despite putting on the lecture, I was falling asleep. Now I am set to have a pretty productive day. I have to finish my biophysical chemistry homework, and then type it up as well as type up my homework for real analysis 2 both of which are due Friday. I also have to do an assignment for my biology lab, and then watch a couple lectures. I also plan to pick out assignments for complex analysis to do this weekend. (Basically 15 problems or so, which I will try to prove.)

Anyway, have a good day, all.
    Best,
    Mathman1994

16. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

17. IncNTGreat

IncNTGreat Fapstronaut

Day 27. I am getting closer and closer to elf! Sadly I am very sick... and that does not help.

18. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

Stay strong, dear Hobbit, as all things good and BAD will come to pass..