1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am so angry about those kind of rich people

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Krillin1993, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Today I've came across an arabic video which was shown on turkish media.
    It is this ->
    First of all I am an Agnostic (part time Atheist) with a huge sympathy to budhism.
    I don't care at all in which religion somebody believe or not.
    When something is triggering me, wether it is right or wrong, I feel the need to talk about it. Not always but recently more often. :)
    I can't speak arabic at all but as far as the turkish media has reported, this arabic Youtuber or better its actually an arabic family youtuber channel, has spend 100.000 Dollars for seeing a light-artwork on the Burj Khalifa, which is basically showing their next unborn babies gender until the countdown reaches zero.
    And all these f******commentators under the video just find it cute and romantic and they even applaud to them.
    I feel just inner disgust, anger and shame when I see this.
    What is wrong with this world???
    Are they not feeling any shame? Believe it or not there are millions of poor people on earth who are not able to find food and there are alot of homeless or sick people.
    It is quit interesting that those Youtubers can call themselves religious.
    Just don't call yourself religious, when you have an idea to throw your money away for this unnecassary and expensive show. They go to Mekka for Haj. They share there life to the whole world or at least to the 7,5 Millions Arabs who have subscribed to their channel.
    It may sounds hilarious for you but with this waste of money I actually don't think you are a good person at all. Its not right to spend so much money for this bullcrap. If you do, then you are simply an Egoist, who pretend to care much about the world and you say you believe in a specific Theist religion. But in reality you don't give a shit to people who are suffering. There is a german saying or a phrase it is translated in english as "The cake is gonna be fair shared " or "the piece of cake is getting smaller and smaller" These phrases simply means that you have to be fair to all people around you.
    If you are just paying attention to yourself and spending money only for yourself there is no piece of cake for the poor people in this world. Especially those rich Arabs who claiming that they have done already alot of charity and good stuff, this is also bullcrap when you need to purchase a diamond ring for example, when you are dead your expensive ring doesn't mean a shit anymore. You can always do more for other people.
    I guess you know what I mean.
    All these people who find materialistic stuff and unnecessary acts or shows or purchases as something appealing. I can't understand them. Surprisingly I feel more disgust to ignorant religious people rather than to non-religious ones. At least non-religious saying that they don't follow a specific ideoloji rather than their own. They don't make any show and pretend to live a god-fearing life.
    This is just my own opinion.
    I want to tell you this. Even if I had millions of dollars I would never do the same kind of silly act what those Arabs did in the video and be sentimental afterwards.
    People who are loving luxury can not be my friends.

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Good for you I guess, but anger is not goint to change a thing, you are just drinking the poison you would pour into their cups...

That hate luxury spiritual approach is nonsense...is virtue signalling, let them be them, let you be you, grow and help others, wealth is not the enemy, stop being jealous of those with wealth and judgemental of what they do with it.

GhostRider@11 likes this.
  3. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Stop writing bullcrap about my post. I've never said I am jealous about rich people.
    Where did you read it in my text?
    So with your logic, there is no such a thing as moral values or any kind of sense of empathy for this world?
    Okay then nobody should help or spend money for good things, let everybody end up as egoists.
    The luxury spiritual approach is not a bullshit. If you claim you are believing in god but spending so much money for literally a nonsense event, which is unworthy to make a show out of it, it doesn't seem like you care much about others. Normal people would go to the medical doctor to ask for the babies gender, you dont need to make an event out of it. Is he a superbaby, or what?
    By those actions you praise the money and not god. All these little details what you do in life, it tells you more and more about your charakter.
    This has also nothing to do with jealousy. There are people who change their personality, when they become rich.
    There are people, kids in Somalia,Yemen, India even in arabic countries who would be happy to find food. They are malnourished and crying. The world isn't getting better if you spend alot of money for literally bullshit. The more you spend things for bullshit the more you could do for others. I am not in the position to do good things since I have a low paid job for only 2 hours a day and on top of that I have chronic diseases. This is just only enough to live with these monthly costs I have and believe me I am really sad that I couldn't able to do good things. If my mom kicks me out I am gonna be homeless myself.
    Of course you can still be yourself with empathy as a wealthy person and with a good sense of leading a life. But when all people were actually starting to be ignorant the world would be a mess, which is it already because of those people.
    By the way are you an Arab?

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Do I have to repeat myself?

Stop virtue signalling, work hard in silence, be the example of what you want for the world.
    Stop hating and ranting on how other people conduct their lifes like is going to make any difference.
    Why me that I have a good heart and think of people's wellbeing I'm broke and cannot help? Why people rich like those guys act like they do instead of being like me? That's jealousy talking right there.

Mate, I know that mindset, is not going to do you any good, at it won't do any good for anyone else.
    I'm not an Arab, would that make any difference though?

Roady and SoaringEagle like this.
  5. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Sorry to say this but your reply comment is so stupid. I have never said I hate people. I just said I can't stand those type of rich people. I have a Problem with ignorant egoist people and not with wealthy people. Can I change this situation? No of course not. Nobody can change materialistic people. I am not jealous at all in fact I don't care who is rich or not or what they are doing. I just pointed out that people living an uplifted life and thats definetly not good for their mental health. I don't care if you are an Arab or not. I just was curious if you felt offended if you were actually an Arab.

6. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Well I am not sure about famous rich guys, since most of them invest in immoral stocks to multiple their wealth from the suffering of other people. I find investing in such as the weapon industry, tobacco industry, alcohol industry and even some medical industries not okay to be invested in. I am not sure about their moral views I have heard no good stuff. But if you ask this for the average rich man, yes there are definetly people who are spending at least once a year for good charity. I know a wealthy suisse surgery who is spending together with his family alot of money every year at christmas time for this world and I really apreciate his kindness and awareness.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

You care enough to make this post.
    It's ok, you will eventually come around to what I'd been trying to tell you.

Here is some buddhism for you, anything that upsets you from someone else, is a unsolved problem of yourself. Not a problem with that person.

Overcome Fear and Roady like this.
  8. You have to have some kind of inner problems. Jealousy, resentfulness etc. that creates your hatred. You see at the end of the day, nobody's really good. Only less bad. And if you're so virtuous, altruistic and good of a person, go donate your fortune. Oh but moaning and virtue signaling on the internet is a lot easier than actually walking the walk.

Overcome Fear, Roady and SickSicko like this.
  9. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

The real rich people, which dont wave their money in front of people's faces are the most humble I've met.

The ones like in your videos or celebrities, etc are fake rich. They live off being narcissists and people love that so whatever. My problem is when people get rich off stupid stuff like women who get a quick buck online from simps... stealing, shitty music, actors, famous sports players. These dumb fucks didn't contribute anything to society except by helping people be more stupid.

GhostRider@11 likes this.
  10. There are plenty of spoiled people who never work for anything in life and make a lot of money. Then, there are people who don’t have clean drinking water and not enough nutrition. Also, there are people who just have normal lives. If this content bothers you, avoid consuming it. YouTube personalities are full of people who brag and show their lavish lifestyle. Yes, life isn’t fair, but you can appreciate the good you do have in your life. Focus on gratitude.

11. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Whether he is or isn't virtue signaling is kind of irrelevant. Solutions to problems like standard of living can only come about through discussion, telling people to keep quiet is walking backwards.

12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Solutions to what problem? Standard of living? What? Do you really think you can standarize how people may or may not live their lifes?

Roady likes this.
  13. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

That isn't what standard of living means.

14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Enlighten me please, because I'd always though it meant people living their lifes differently depending on their personal circunstances and income bracket... but maybe you know how to sort out that "problem"

15. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Seems like you looked it up and corrected yourself a bit better there. Previously you said it was about forcing people to live a particular way.

Anyway, no I don't have a solution, but collectively we can come to better and better solutions through conversation. You realize this is the whole bloody point in freedom of speech right?

Krillin1993 likes this.
  16. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Excuse me? So if you try to decide how a certain bracket should act/or spend their money, isn't that standarizing how people can or cannot live? Let's begin that I don't even get why different standards of living are a problem for you... and that apparently that's a problem to be solved... so, you solve it by determining what it is the standard and change people's way of living by force? Do you have any actual idea on how to deal with the issue that you claim exist? Do you have any ideas of your own? or are you just going to be virtual-signalling and pray for oppresive collectivism without even giving it a though?

17. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

What? Take it back, you didn't look it up. You're arguing against a non existent idea man.

18. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

So, enlighten me then, what's the problem with the existance of different standards of living? As in, different levels of wealth.

19. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

I still don't think that people under this comment section get what my post is all about. So thats why I give you guys an example. You have 1000 Dollars (or Euros) as a gift holding in your hands. And now you have 2 options:
    1.Option: You can buy yourself a computer (or a smartphone) which costs exactly 1000 Dollars and you know this is gonna be useful for a long time and it will help you and make your daily life much easier.
    Or you decide for
    2.Option: You get a fat steak which costs actually only 100 bugs, but the Gold which the cook put upon it makes it 1000 Dollar expensive, so you have to pay 900 Dollars more to get that.
    Which one would you choose? An electronic device for thousand Dollars or a bloody steak for the worth of hundred Dollars and you know the gold above it tastes simply like nothing and you know it. Which one would you prefer?
    And what feels for you personally and morally wrong? By that means for which option you would feel guilty after you bought it?

20. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

They both feel wrong.

If you have a thousand dollars to waste, why not donate it to a non profit charity? You can get a smartphone for no more than $100 (how much I paid for my iPhone SE refurbished, still works like new). Phone service, unlimited talk/text with a gig of data is $10/month. So many people waste money on their phones, computers, and such.

The Passenger and SickSicko like this.