1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

Checking in. Had a reset on Friday and have been without internet since then. Was a nice break, no internet withdrawal and no again on day 5.

Deleted Account and Jerky like this.
  2. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

this is such a great point! In “my Stroke of insight”, the author says the time for a hormone to run through your body is 60-90 seconds. This is how long an urge for anger, lust, etc takes to run its course. If we notice it but don’t react to it, it passes. If we react, well, we know what happens then. Acknowledging it on a physiological level and not engaging with it is the way to go!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  3. Hi all...so I started a new streak but on day 4 I Binged heavily on P...it was very powerful, I was thinking about it all morning then all day at work and couldn't wait to get home to have a massive binge on hardcore P....so I ended up PMO and felt like utter crap afterwards and thinking oh no this has much more of a hold on me then I thought.

But today I've woken up with fresh resolve and understanding that I can never let my guard down and I need to start a new streak today and beat my recent record of 66 days and remain vigilant...I've had such a fulfilling and constructive day and no thoughts of PMO.

Wish me luck!!

4. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

That's true for so many addictions. When you are active and have another purpose you are fine. But left alone, to your own thoughts, it comes calling.

I know for me, I have a lot of stress that I put on myself from taking on too many responsibilities. Then I go to PMO and it kills all the stress, for a time. But it just makes it worse because I didn't accomplish anything else. It is a bad cycle to be stuck in.

I think I might have it 'rock bottom' but I've thought that before. I can't get anything done. I can't really have sex with my wife (not if I PMO'd for hours each day). I'm just wrecking myself.

magvor, GottaBFree, Jerky and 2 others like this.
  5. HugoDePrag

HugoDePrag Fapstronaut

hi, 39 here :) i'm watching you, guys! i'm on my way to 90 days hard mode... then i will switch to custom target...

magvor, GottaBFree, discovery and 3 others like this.
  6. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Urges ramping up. Burning energy at the gym. Not looking at the girls there, at least not intentionally.

magvor, GottaBFree, artifact and 3 others like this.
  7. Great awakin

Great awakin Fapstronaut

Take a cold shower bro (not right after gym since your body needs a break)

magvor and Jerky like this.
  8. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

Feeling good today. 1.5 days in without issues. A few times I thought I would go to a chat room. Opened up the web page and closed it. Came here instead. Feels good to defeat the urge, at least for today.

I know it does nothing by going there. Talking to the same people saying the same things and looking at the same pictures. It's like you reach a point and you've seen all the naked women that exist on the internet. I think I'm close to that point lol.

9. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

I don't feel quite right. I know it's because I'm not feeding my addiction. My arms feel weird. I need another day or two to feel normal again.

magvor, Jerky and HugoDePrag like this.
  10. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Today is interesting. Lots of opportunities to PMO (not often does this happen in my house). It’s also a week since I M’ed last time and I have become pretty undisciplined by following my urges. Not today though. Today I will cook, listen to a book “on tape”, maybe do a quick workout. And repeat my mantra over and over again.

magvor, GottaBFree, discovery and 3 others like this.
  11. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Urges feel good when i dont feed them, like having a reservoir of energy and enough control to not spill any. I want my drive to get stronger. I have an outlet now. This is actually satisfying. Knowing that giving in to sin will deplete my energy stores completely is motivation enough to stay clean. Knowing i will lose my drive makes me not want to let it happen. Urges pass always.

magvor, artifact, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  12. Great awakin

Great awakin Fapstronaut

Checking in, 14 days now, thk God!

13. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

It's been a rough week for me. I have PMO 4 days in a row! It's been years since I slipped this far. My motivation has been low and I can't get to the gym because of COVID. This path is a slippery slope and I know it but I keep slipping. This vicious cycle has to be broken. This weekend I will be surrounded by family and I hope this will give me a chance to get some days underneath my belt.

14. Great awakin

Great awakin Fapstronaut

Get back up bro! Stop listening to that voice in your head saying you aint worth it or this is it. So much more in store for you. Praying you will be strengthened man.

Pirate3819 likes this.
  15. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Been there! After I stopped my big streak, I lost motivation to do this for a few months. The only thing that is helping me now is just watching myself. I watch myself experience lust and and I watch myself PMO as if I am another person looking at me. This thankfully started taking the pleasure out of PMO.

I also work with a mantra, which is really a way to break my old thought patterns. If I start to lust or if I M,I repeat my mantra.

This is awakening me to nofap but I know everyone is different! Good luck on your journey!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Pirate3819, magvor, artifact and 4 others like this.
  16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Starting to feel in a good place to have a good streak. Feeling motivated.

Unfortunately I seem to be falling into an old destructive pattern where I need to give up hope before getting started again. That leads to a trap of PM "one more time" when I feel good about my chances of leaving PM forever. Most traps were killed by being to name them, but this is one of the most persistent.

Anyway, here's to new streaks.

magvor, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  17. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

So ive been using regularly for last 2 weeks - feels very normal at the moment to do this. Just started back at work, so bit worried about the whole CV thing so this has been a release for me.
    On a positive note, I have lost about 3 kg of the 'lockdown lard' in the last couple of weeks by using a dieting app.
    Just read in an earlier post about how long it takes for a hormone to travel around the body, 60-90 seconds I think. If I think of this as being my early warning system, I guess it could give me that amount of time to find something to make my mind off it! Have a good week people!

18. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

hello lads, so I've had a whole week off from work and felt down the whole time, I've lost count how many times I've fapped in the last few days it's crazy.

I really really want to to change.

19. Back to zero yet again for me. No excuses except that the stress in my life seems to be never-ending, and P and M has always been my way of dealing with that. I know I should be grateful to have a job, and a place to live and good health. Not happy with myself but not giving up.

20. @magvor - congrats on your recent achievement of 30 days! Hope you are doing well.