1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

have you gone to the gym during this covid pandemic?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Zoro1997, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Zoro1997

Zoro1997 Fapstronaut

i have been wanting to go for the past two months now but i have just been nervous cause of covid. my original goal was to lose atleast like 50lbs by january. i have just been eating less but not really working out.

i do miss the gym a lot. i want to get stronger and lose this fat

2. Yes... I miss the gym! I lost all my leg strength! Yeah, I have done hundreds of thousands of bodyweight lunges, squats, jumps etc but nothing can compare to the feeling of 8 sets of 8 reps of heavy ass weight on your back!

I am not going because they have these stupid rules in place and I would rather not lift at all, than half ass my workouts because of these new rules which don't make sense anyway.

Ibnmorales and SoaringEagle like this.
  3. Not atm since there has been people getting infected. You can always go on for a run and get you some equipment to home or atleast get some dumbells or do calisthenics.
    Ofcourse it is not gonna be same as the gym but it is atleast somethng. Just do not want to blame myself for being stupid and not being careful.

4. My workout is mainly martial arts training. I do that in a field near my house.

5. Damaged_Stoic

Damaged_Stoic Fapstronaut

I did before COVID and hated it cause the rules and when the gym closed i bought my own barbell, some plates, and really cheap sqaut stands and I’m never going back

I can spit, scream, talk to myself, and listen to loud music ppl would find repulsive in the comfort of my own home. If you have the funds I’d recommend doing it like this

6. good shit

Damaged_Stoic likes this.
  7. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I still go, 6 days a week. We have to wear a mask, sanitize shoes and hands, get our temperature taken and then we are assigned a square that has all our weights/equipment for the class. They also held it outdoors for part of the time, we just now got to go back inside! Thank goodness for air conditioning, lol.

James Duncan Halpert likes this.
  8. James Duncan Halpert

James Duncan Halpert Fapstronaut

I used to, but it's too weird for me to go back. I found it easier to just workout at home and go for runs, plus you can use the bleachers for a more intense workout. :)

9. Gyms still closed in my area. I’ve heard they’re open in Southern California with restrictions.

Made a tiny gym in my house including pull up bar and bench press bench.

Looking forward to going to the climbing gym again. Haven’t gotten the courage up enough to do outdoor climbing.

Any climbers here? I know there are at least two in NF.com

10. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

That's so fuckin sad lol.

Yeah I go twice a week, once for heavy leg day and the other for weighted pullups and dips with some accessory work. Rest of the days I workout in the sun at a calisthenics park. Got 7 strict muscle ups down and feeling explosive as ever.

11. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

Not really. I have gym equipment at home, that's how i've managed. The number of infected is a bit considerable where i live and there's many people not following sanitary measures. For example lots of people gathering in public places.

James Duncan Halpert likes this.
  12. Ibnmorales

Ibnmorales Fapstronaut

been dying to go back to the gym and get into the flow of lifting eating right and proper rest but the rules in my gym keep me away rather change up my routine ....morning runs/jogs pushups and chin ups twice a day lets see how that works out with calorie deficit .

13. wow nice

Envoy-ofthe-End likes this.
  14. James Duncan Halpert

James Duncan Halpert Fapstronaut

Unfortunately it's that way in my city too, it makes it hard for people to get back to doing things when others just don't care about the rules.

15. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

I never did before either lol