1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anyone could have.

2. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

It's foolish to fear what we have yet to see and know.

BurgerChamp and fg4795 like this.
  3. “My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”

BurgerChamp and One Eyed Owl like this.
  4. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

“The most difficult of actions are four – forgiving when in a state of anger, contentment in times of hardships, chastity in seclusion, and speaking the truth in front of someone whom one fears or from whom one hopes for largesse.” - Ali ibn Abi Talib

BurgerChamp and ....... like this.
  5. One Eyed Owl

Having a soft heart in a cruel world, is courage not weakness.

6. BurgerChamp

BurgerChamp Fapstronaut

Don't let yesterday take too much of today.

TimeToQuitNow likes this.
  7. Victory isn't defined by wins or losses. It is defined by effort. If you can truthfully say, 'I did the best I could, I gave everything I had,' then you're a winner.

8. One Eyed Owl

Any way you look at it, all the information that a person accumulates in a lifetime is just a drop in the bucket.

......., TimeToQuitNow and fg4795 like this.
  9. If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

2Rewire4Life likes this.
  10. One Eyed Owl

What screws us up most on life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.

....... likes this.
  11. It is not the movement in the clock that creates newness in the world, it is the movement in your mind

....... and One Eyed Owl like this.
  12. "I am the laziest person you'll ever met.
    I never wanted to do all the things I did.
    But I did them all. "

13. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

"Just keep trying"

-Me, right now

One Eyed Owl, fg4795 and ....... like this.
  14. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.”

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  15. "Your struggle will be the gift that the world falls in love with."

16. Not a quote but a question - “Who are you behind closed doors?”

17. If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.

18. “If anyone can refute me—show me I’m making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I’ll gladly change. It’s the truth I’m after, and the truth never harmed anyone.” – Marcus Aurelius

Akeakua, ....... and One Eyed Owl like this.
  19. “Frame your thoughts like this— you are an old person, you won’t let yourself be enslaved by this any longer, no longer pulled like a puppet by every impulse, and you’ll stop complaining about your present fortune or dreading the future.” —Marcus Aurelius

WanderTruth, Akeakua and One Eyed Owl like this.
  20. omerico2121

omerico2121 Fapstronaut

"If you do what's easy, your life will be hard. However, if you do what's hard, your life will be easy."
    -Les Brown