1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it mean that god is faithful?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. DiegoNunez7749

DiegoNunez7749 Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 10:12 it’s says that God is faithful and will not let you be tempted over what you can bear. The part I’m focusing on is where it says “God is faithful”, does that mean that he’s faithful in me or what is he faithful in?

2. Ancient Hebrew is a way more concrete language than modern english and all that. Meaning they use words that can be witnessed with your 5 senses (feeling, seeing, smelling, etc.). Being faithfull actually means obeying something or someone in that time. So in the context of a christian you're supposed to obey God's laws. The English versions have generally translated being faithfull as having faith or believing in the existence of God, which is stupid because everywhere in the Bible it's about keeping God's commandments but people use Paul's scriptures and faulty translation to twist their meaning into just believing in the existence of God or Jesus.

I don't know what it means in the context because Paul's letters are especially hard to understand (and people should stay away from them untill they fully understand the rest of the Bible at least, 2nd Peter 3 15-17) but you can generally type in verse numbers and then "interlinear" after it, it pulls up a website where you can see the individual Greek words and their meaning and stuff. It's usefull for increasing your understanding generally

3. Scripture is its own best interpreter.

2 Timothy 2
    11 The saying is trustworthy, for:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
    12 if we endure, we will also reign with him;
    if we deny him, he also will deny us;
    13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.

So, based on that, what is God faithful in?

(And congrats on 80 days!)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  4. God CAN be counted on. FTFY :)

5. Unlike many people in the world today God CAN be counted on. He is faithful. You can trust Him completely. No matter what you are up against or what you are going through. All of the promises of the Bible are genuine.

6. DiegoNunez7749

DiegoNunez7749 Fapstronaut

I
    im not in 80 days

7. upload_2020-9-12_14-24-33.png
    You can understand my confusion. :)