1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression and Suicide

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by cardinal biggles, Sep 9, 2020.

1. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

I also struggle with depressive thoughts since years and also with suicidal thoughts. I never actively acted on them so far, but the more years with PMO, social isolation and alcohol addiction pass, the worse it gets. I basically struggle everyday to get over it.

Many people don't know that, but suicide is one of the biggest killers at all in the Western world.

Suicide kills more people per year than accidents, murders, terrorism and illegal drugs combined. It's so prevalent. Only natural deaths and legal drugs (alcohol/cigarettes) are more common. Media hardly report about it (thankfully), because it's scientifically proven for a very long time that media coverage on suicide automatically increase suicide rates.

To be honest. The only reason I didn't yet try suicide, is because I'm still young (early 30s), so I feel like I'm wasting my potential and mostly because I wouldn't want my parents to get hurt.

But I can understand why people kill themselves, though, because I can feel how those people feel. They basically have their back up against the wall and can't seem to find another exit anymore. To them their only exit seems to be the irreversible emergency exit (= suicide). Once they are determined to end it by suicide, they very often seem to be extraordinarily happy and calm to their outside world during those few days. Very dangerous behaviour.

But it doesn't have to be this way. No one is condemned to live like that.