1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Hacker found out!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The Pleasure Delusion, Sep 17, 2020.

Do you keep your system up to date?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No, they didn't. But I can consider the possibility that anyone here could be blackmailed by believing this nonsense. I am sharing the email content which was hilarious so that you can be better prepared to protect yourself. Enjoy.

EMAIL:___________________________________________________________
    Hi.

I think you will not be happy, because I have very bad news for you.

Just a few months ago I hacked your operating system and I have
    full control of your device.

I implanted a small application into your device which sends me your current
    IP address and allows me to connect to your device just like a remote desktop.
    Even if you change your password, it won’t help.

How I infected you?
    The router that you used to connect to the Internet had a security hole.
    You can read about this problem by searching for CVE-2019-10562.
    I hacked your router and I put my code into it, and when you tried to
    connect to Internet, my program infected your device.

Later I made a full copy of your hard drive (I have all your email contact
    lists, list of websites you visited, phone numbers, your passwords etc.)

A little while later, when I was searching your web browsing history I was
    shocked by what I saw!!

The sites for adults you are visiting... you know what I mean...

I just want to say - your fantasies are shifted far away from the normal
    course!...

For months now, I have been spying on you through your device camera..
    especially when you visited those sites to have fun...
    Those videos show clearly you having fun and the content for adults you were
    watching.. this is pretty nasty and I would be very worried if I were you.

I have secured 2 videos:
    [[-Email-]]_1447084044.mp4 (119.1 MB)
    [[-Email-]]_1444285697.mp4 (64.5 MB)

You can verify that the timestamps correspond to the moments you were
    enjoying yourself...

Now, because I do not like at all what I saw (that you know is pretty crazy and
    ugly) I have been wondering how we can keep this matter under the wraps.

Is 5000 US dollars in Bitcoin a fair price to ask? (considering your perversions).

Is up to you to decide so , i will give that chance to conclude if you want me to forget about the whole case, remove the files and disable
    the nasty app that is spying on you.

I am waiting to hear your opinion within 72
    hours. Yes, I give you 72 hours only to respond by Contacting me on this email address: [email protected]

If you fail to respond within 72 hours, I promise you - I will send those files
    with you enjoying yourself to all your contact lists, associates and social
    network friends.

With access to your device, I will know when you read this message.
    When you open it the time will start ticking. You have 72 hours only!

I am from Russia and nobody will help you if you report this email.. Before
    they find me your life will be ruined! If you do not cooperate with me - I
    will release this ugly material immediately.

This is why I advise you to write so that we can deliberate and forget about the
    whole situation between us. 5000 USD in bitcoin is not a big ask and i know you can afford it.

Do not be angry with me. This is just my job, and you are not the only person
    I caught.

Be angry at your fantasies - if you didn’t visit those sites for adults
    you would have no problem..

Remember, time is ticking

2. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Ok, so he have all the password and can remotely access your computer still asking you to do the transactions.:D
    Do you really use a router to connect to internet?
    I have mailed him asking him will he work for me, through a disposable temporary email-id.

3. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

LOL if he does reply, you have to make a thread about it :D

4. There are 10 minute email ids as well. Do be careful. Do not click on anything they send you and preferably work in a virtual desktop environment.

5. There is actually a lot wrong with their email. They didn't mention what I watched. They kept it general meaning they could apply the same email to more than one person. Then they mentioned an assumption that I had that kind of money which I clearly don't. The fact that they didn't want me to report it, lied about not changing the password to help or that they were from Russia and I should cooperate was all in their downfall. If they hadn't mentioned these things, I would be worried, to be honest. (Except that I opened the mail 20 days later. Google had it in spam.)
    This is not to mention that when people do take over your computer, they commit a ransomware attack. Meaning they encrypt the data and ask you money to let you have it back.
    There are benefits of living in a poor country. Bad wifi, no money. Hackers stay away.
    If you found this thread interesting, have a look at Jim Browning. Additionally, if you would like a career in Hacking, give cisco Academy a visit and learn Linux.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning/featured
    https://www.netacad.com/courses/cybersecurity

intso and The Passenger like this.
  6. neverpolitcallycorrect

neverpolitcallycorrect Fapstronaut

this sounds like a very old scam ,ingore it and move on

kropo82 likes this.
  7. There is a guy that made a website dedicated to replying to scam emails in order to trick them. I'll post it if I find it. One of the tricks he pulled was emailing a Nigerian scammer about money he had hidden. He got the guy to fly out to another country and had him chasing a package that didn't exist. There was another site where he could create fake gps and move it so the guy followed it. Funny stuff. I'll see if I can dig it up.

8. GhostRider@11

Thanks bro, I can understand your concern. After reading "Do be careful", I actually felt the risk, Now I doubt whether I will ever open that disposable email again. I may do that from a cyber cafe. Actually there is not so many risk even if i access that mail with this laptop because this laptop is 11years old, it's hard disk keeps crashing so we don't keep any important thing on this laptop, still I know it can be really dangerous, so even if I felt like opening that email and checking whether they had replied or not, I will do that from a cyber.
    Don't worry, while sending the mail I made sure to use VPN and even used a mock mac address. If I get any reply from them, I will follow your advice and make sure to not click on any link.

Actually my act was inspired from this ted talk:

9. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

There is a black mirror episode about this, it's called shut up and dance. If these emails were genuine they would send a clip of you being recorded through your phone camera as proof. They would also use your full name. If you have your name in your email address then they would use that, otherwise it's just "hi". These scammers use cheap phones and cheap laptops and dispose of them regularly. They operate from hotels moving around never staying in the same place. This makes them almost impossible to catch unfortunately. These people are scum

10. GhostRider@11

Why are you bringing Indians in this conversation? How do you know that they are not American or European or someone from Australia?
    What proof do you have? How dare you join scammer word with Indians. On what basis you referred Indians as scammers?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Comfortablydumb96 and Kingler like this.
  11. Relax Rider. While the statement is wrong, it isn't surprising. There are a lot of scammer centres in India. It has kind of become an identity. Jim Browning's channel pretty much always had Indian scammers.
    Should the stereotype exist? Ideally No.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  12. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Just go to youtube

13. GhostRider@11

One needs to understand that their are flaws in every country, and India is no special case. But still many content creator specifically targets India because of its large population, just include India keyword in the caption of your video and you will get 10X the views if you haven't included that keyword. That's why every content creator is interested in attracting Indian audience. Why aren't they choosing china - because YouTube is banned in china.
    It is obvious that you can find all type of people in such a diverse population. But based on that you can't judge the whole country. It is like calling whole America as a racist country because of action of few individuals.

14. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

But the majority are indians who say Hello Sir with that funny pronunciation

15. You should note the point that;
    Indians can speak English in their way which has no uniqueness because of the diversity of the country, sometimes it feels funny and that's true! But why most of MNC's like DELL, British Airways set their customer care call services in India?
    In contrast we too feel it funny when foreigners can't talk some of our 100 languages. Foreigners renamed our place name etc to pronounce!
    But we can spell out most place names out of the country
    It is really noticeable that CEO's of Google and Microsoft are Indians.
    If you think Indians as scammers you should note that FB once called an event to check its web vulnerabilities and it was Indians who made the top country of the event.
    There may be black spots in a white sheet but it is also good if you could feel the white too.
    And I should say there was no need for a call like that. At least think it as a community who are together to fight a noble cause. Respect every Nation and bring peace and harmony.
    thank you perfect country man

Obey forum rules
    No hatred to anyone
    Love you every humans.....
    Forget everything ok just said
    :)

GhostRider@11 likes this.
  16. GhostRider@11

Fine bro, I end this argument. I feel I was being unnecessarily too harsh on you. I was carried away in emotion, I could have used more polite language and should have asked you the reason what made you say that.

I never came across these type of channels, I am too much disappointed and shocked to see those videos of scammers.
    Edit: But still you shouldn't have used Indian word. And of course their will be difference in pronunciation, you can never exactly talk like native speakers, this is the way we feel when any foreigner speaks in Hindi.

intso likes this.
  17. I got a scammer calling me on my birthday last year, telling me that I won $50,000 USD. (He literally said USD just to be specific lol) Definitely an Indian.

I know because I reverse baited the idiot and got him to send me a passport sized pic, his name and address. Even made a public show of him on Facebook. It was a pleasure. In the end, I was too much for him and he ended up blocking me.

The scamming industry (it might as well as be one lol) is definitely comprised of a disproportionately large number of Indians.
    And that's a fact. :D
    They made that reputation for themselves.

18. GhostRider@11

That's not a fact!
    And we haven't built such a reputation, this myth had spread because of those YouTubers.
    If someone starts making videos on engineers you will end up concluding that most engineers are from India and they are working almost everywhere in this world.
    If you start making videos on CEO's, you will end up concluding that most CEO's are from India. Same applies for doctors and other occupation.

Even a kid won't be such a fool, Nobody is so dumb to send his real identity, he might be using VPN to change his location and he would have sent you a fake id and fake address.

|$µ℗€R↲0|™ likes this.
  19. You seem to be under the assumption that when I say most scammers are Indian, I'm making the implication that scamming is all Indians are worth for. Otherwise, your claims on CEOs and engineers has no relevance here.
    Iirc, 1 in 6 people on the planet is an Indian. That said, it doesn't surprise me one bit that Indians comprise a large share of any profession on the planet, from prostitution to engineering and from scamming to entrepreneurship.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here:
    I said that most scammers are Indians, not that most Indians are scammers. You seem to have your wires crossed.

You're not in a position to make that claim.

You're operating in the realm of "might" and "would" and I'm saying that it most definitely did happen and that he did reveal his real identity to me, and that the whole incident is all up on video.

Your attempts at patriotism- admirable as they may be, I'm sure- leap closer to blind faith each time you make a claim like this. Stick to facts.

In any case, we've derailed the discussion enough. I'm done here, whether you believe a word I say or not.

20. GhostRider@11

Exactly I am thinking that, because that's the kind of assumption people develop by continuously seeing post like this. People don't remember your 100 good work but they remember all your mistakes. I have faced this discrimination at many online platforms.
    The point is clear - when you never say that it might be a random Indian CEO, or a random Indian doctor, there is no need of saying a random Indian scammer.
    1 in 6 person is a Indian and it is obvious that they may be present in scammers also, still in your earlier post you said - "They made that reputation for themselves". What type of message does it send to others about Indians, We didn't built that reputation, it was natural because of large and diverse population. No country is perfect.
    Even I want to end this discussion, but I don't want to leave anyone with misbeliefs.

|$µ℗€R↲0|™ likes this.