1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

im thinking of never lying again about who i am

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Risperidona, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Risperidona

Risperidona Fapstronaut

Hi there, ive been here since a couple of months and my life is changing like never before. I can do a lot of things that i couldnt before, but I still have this mindset of being acepted by everyone... well, im thinking about stop lying about my thoughts...

Im always pretending to be a person that im not, just to get girls, friends... the funny thing is that I dont have any friend so that didnt work... somethimes at the university i pretended to be a leftist, a cheerful person, and that shit just to being acepted by people, its all bullshit...

recently i got out of social media including whatsapp and im starting a new life, and i said... why not being the toxic, egocentric, greedy person that I have always been... From now i will say every shitty thing that comes out of my mind... pretending didnt gave me anything... I know that this sonds bad, but this is what i am, and i dont care if people acept me or not, i will not lie to my self or other people anymore, i will be the same person in internet that in reallity.

2. Risperidona

Risperidona Fapstronaut

Having a secret life is the root of PMO problems, im ready to be the guy that doesnt care of what the people say... i have nothing to lose.

3. While I don't agree with your methods, the idea that other things in life are like PMO in that it's this secret life/side of you makes sense. I would say just say what you really believe with confidence, and don't be shaken. Even if its bad at first, and people will challenge you, it sounds like it could be a good thing. The "winner" of the conversation is the one who keeps his cool, so I would at least suggest that.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

It's a terrible trap to fall into, pretending to be similar to everyone else in order to fit in. Best advice is to find people you have things in common with, so that you feel that you belong already without pretending. In the meantime, know when to speak up and when to keep quiet, it's not always appropriate to share every thought in your head.

It does sound bad, yes. If you don't care what people think then why say anything at all? It sounds like you are still craving acceptance but without the lying this time.

If you want acceptance then the best way to go about it is to listen and accept other people's opinions too - not to pretend to agree, but to listen and understand their point of view and politely disagree. Some people will be assholes about it, of course, but a lot won't. once you understand that you don't have to agree on everything to be accepted, the idea of blurting out everything in your head might seem a bit less appealing. But you can still be honest.

Does this make sense? Good luck anyway, and sorry if I have misunderstood you.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  5. Willingness to be unpopular is a rare thing. Sometimes it's better to be pragmatic and keep your opinions to yourself IMO. For example I downright refuse to talk about politics with my family. There is nothing to be gained from it - the best case scenario is that nobody gets mad.