1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't get past 3 weeks. Help!

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by RubenTheMan, Sep 20, 2020.

1. RubenTheMan

RubenTheMan Fapstronaut

After many months of no P, I can safely assume that I'm not addicted to P. But the MO, that's a different story. I simply cannot get past 3 weeks. The urges start to become too strong and too frequent to ignore that they distract me from doing what I need to do (studying for school specifically). At that point I'm thinking "What is even the point of this anymore? School is more important. Fuck it." And then I do the thing. Help?

2. Overachiever777

Overachiever777 Fapstronaut

if you dont watch P while u do it and you do it only every 3 weeks, i dont think thats a problem

3. konpap_

konpap_ Fapstronaut

Do you exercise?? If not, you should immediatly start exercising. Also, make sure that your diet mainly consists of fruits vegetables,nuts and pulses. Try to minimize meat. And of course, cold showers will help.

4. This video can help you that understand how to deal with urges.
    I recommend that you make sure you do not stimulate yourself by flexing your PC muscles.Chronic masturbation addiction can try to trick you with this way.
    Also, school helps you to keep yourself busy, and adding physical activity to your routine can help you channel your energy better.I believe it will get better over time.

5. Overachiever777

sometimes its good to let people know that they shouldnt be too hard on themselves, give themselves some credit and move on , the guy is doing great and he can improve but no need to be hard on himself.

i dont like your tone, give your two cents and move on and goodluck!

6. Overachiever777

yes i understand, apologizes from my side

7. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I find most guys can go 1 to 21 days with no PMO or MO - and that's just a natural rest period or by chance, not real recovery. Getting past that "gravity pit' of 21 days is the beginning of real progress, a sign that one's recovery strategies are actually working, and it's not just natural chance - something substantial is starting to root.

Yes, school and study are a bitch when trying to recover. I always had to relapse when I was in school, but that may not have to be true for everyone. But, you have to ask, aside from feeling or emotion, what is the worst thing that this addiction causes for you, if anything? Why is it you want to stop? I often think that all the "superpowers" guys speak about are just myths - so don't go there either. I excelled Summa Cum Laude (no pun intended) even in the middle of PMO and studies, and I excelled in all my career choices while MO'ing all the time. What's a "good" reason you need/want to stop PMO or MO now, besides all the propaganda spewed here? Again no pun intended. Ha!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020