1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can you build mental discipline?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cuffmecrimson, Sep 21, 2020.

1. cuffmecrimson

cuffmecrimson Fapstronaut

I feel like I have lost all discipline nowadays. Every time I sit down to study or work, without fail I end up on instagram or youtube wasting time. I feel like my lack of mental discipline is also what is making nofap so hard. I don't want to succeed bad enough. I know what i'm doing when I jack off and what its doing to my health, but I don't care enough to stop. Every day blurs into the next and I end up losing large amounts of time. Hours go by and I don't even remember what I was doing. I am constantly exhausted, yet can't sleep. I'm depressed and don't even feel like myself anymore.

I need help. I'm only 18 and live with my parents, but I am considering seeing an addiction psychologist in private or even moving out just to change up my lifestyle enough to get my footing and try to make some big changes. I know for certain that I can't live like this for much longer.

Does anyone have any advice? I need help, badly. Any and all comments are welcome

2. You have to change something. Moving out is a great goal and will definitely build your motivation

cuffmecrimson likes this.
  3. cuffmecrimson

cuffmecrimson Fapstronaut

Thanks man for the response. I honestly am so ready to move out. The biggest issue right now is finances, to put it simply I can't afford an apartment or mortgage. I might start crunching the numbers and seeing if any of my buddies are also looking for a place. I think I could put up with roommates.

I kind of have been toying with the idea for a while but every day that passes it seems like a better idea

Knighthawk likes this.
  4. Talking to your buddies about that is not a bad idea! I wish I would’ve got out of my parents’ house and bunked with some roommates when I was your age. It took me until A year ago I finally got out and bought my own house and it was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made other than to quit pmo.

5. Also if you don’t already, get out in nature and hike or bike. Pushing yourself to exercise and being out in the wild is a good way to build your mental toughness and confidence plus the views are always worth the effort. It’s been a big positive influence on me over the years.