1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing benefits and energy after wet dreams?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by 2MuchSauce916, Sep 21, 2020.

1. 2MuchSauce916

2MuchSauce916 Fapstronaut

So exactly a week ago I came out the worst flatline I’ve ever had. I felt confident, motivated, I had this sudden urge to approach random people at work and public and start conversations and compliment them on something so I can improve my social skills and battle social anxiety. I forgot what day I had a wet dream but I noticed towards the end of the week I wasn’t feeling as motivated and confident to talk or compliment strangers. Anyways I had a wet dream last night and today at work I noticed I had a little bit of anxiety/social anxiety, low energy, low motivation to approach strangers, I still forced myself to talk to strangers and compliment them but this time it just felt forced and kind of awkward , not smoothly like it was at the beginning of the week. Do you think this is from the wet dreams? Do they hinder your energy and benefits for a time being?

Aliman8 and Knighthawk like this.
  2. I think I feel the dip in energy and vigor as well after a wet dream. We just gotta ride the waves out

Aliman8 likes this.
  3. Wet dreams are excess fluids being released

4. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

Yes it depletes energy

Aliman8 likes this.
  5. Ainz

Ainz Fapstronaut

We do loose energy. I can say for myself only but I feel so.
    But remember one thing, the more days on NoFap the benefits multiply.
    Let's see you loose £100 in one wet dream but the £ you gather will increase on higher rate. So £100000 - £100 is still way more than what you lost. Just the frequency should be less.
    Just try to minimize as much as you can.
    I have reduced it from twice a week to once in two weeks and that's amazing for me. But I am trying to completely stop it.

Aliman8 likes this.
  6. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Hey @2MuchSauce916,

You not been active for a little while - I hope and pray that you are doing OK?
    I'm told (and believe) that Nocturnal emissions are inevitable. You can only reduce their frequency (As Ainz has pointed out).

If you are concerned about them, there are steps that you can take.
    Breathing excercises might be one, getting up earlier in the day might be another (Because Nightfall generally happens in the morning).

But, know that you will not never completely stop them. The most important thing is to keep sublimating your energy, direct it into your Career and personal life. When it does happen, clean yourself up - get fresh clothes, accept it for what it is and carry on.

Most important thing is that you keep the counter active and do not reset, because it does not count as a relapse.

Venkat19 likes this.

7. Not at all, my friend.

In fact, many people experience that after a wet dream they leave a flat line. It can happen in some people.

In these 117 days I have had three wet dreams: on day 50, on day 60 and the last one was on day 112.

Having wet dreams don't have to affect your ability to socialize with others. It has nothing to do with that.
    At least that has been my personal experience.

8. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

Wet dreams do not ruin your life like P and M. For me it is without visuals at all. Just wake up.
    There are things you can do to avoid them, like not sleeping on your back, the room not being too hot where you sleep, not eating before sleeping (like 3-5 hours).
    Also if you get triggered a lot during the day, that will increase the number of wet dreams.

But you must work on yourself very hard to improve yourself, to talk to people and get over the stress and anxiety. Change what you eat, throw out all the junk, it really helps a lot. Later on you can start balancing, how much trash you want to eat (if at all)

9. Aliman8

Aliman8 Fapstronaut

Wet dreams are better than PMO only on one account - you are saving hours of time to get to the same depletion state as after PMO and reasons why they happen are:
    -You have got a split between your conscious mind which have chosen to stay clean from the PMO and your subconscious mind which is slow on stopping and changing it's course.It can be done only with great persistence in your new ways (you have to mentally renounce your old ways forever, even if you go through certain number of days challenge, the right mental attitude is forever) or with the help of hypnotherapy.
    -You are being lazy and not willing to use your newly found abundant energy and it just leaves you while you sleep. It is mainly because of the lack of good planning and aimlessness.
    -You are overeating in the evening.

10. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Just wanted to offer up my experience about this. In early recovery, I was having those kinda dreams, but for reason (I think because I've been exercising my level muscles), No fluid escaped.

Then another time I didn't have a dream, but fluid just kinda seeped out by itself.

So I agree that this is likely to be your various levels of mind recovering at different rates. When I had the dream, I actually cursed my unconscious for trying to make me relapse! I didn't, and now I'm very glad about that.

I realise that I will never stop Emmisions Nocturnale. However with meditation, kegels (Mostly just practice repeatedly start/stopping flow of urine whilst peeing) and positive changes in diet I aim. To get them low as possible.

And what @Aliman8 says as well about the energy, rings very true. You gotta use it, or lose it. Body will not keep the fluid around forever without it being properly sublimated.