1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The START 2021 STRONGER Challenge [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Sep 3, 2020.

1. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

Day 2, finally. Feels great (My streak resets at 7 am EST in case anyone is curious, I just may not always log it in the morning). I've been slacking in life in general lately, gonna make today much better and take care of myself.

Jefe Rojo and BrohkenCompass like this.
  2. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

I relapsed last night. I went into a chatroom and masturbated, I orgasmed once. I'm gutted. I am disappointed.

This is it, no more of this madness it's killing me.
    I'm going into 2021 clean.

3. Good catch.

If you fap on 22 SEP and not on 23 Sept it wouldn't matter what timestamp you're using because you'd roll day 100 prior to the new day 01 JAN. Moral of the story, don't MO on Wednesday... I'll update the rules. Thank you....

4. Added, Sir.:emoji_right_facing_fist:

Original post updated with correct info. Thank you.
    I mark whole days as green or red based on adherence to my goals vs. acting out. As you pointed out, those who track it to the hour are going to be different. See my next reply to @PegasusKid

I hear ya brother. I used to mark it at 630 am or 9 pm or whatever time I relapsed. Now, anymore, if I relapse on any given day I update my counter to 1159pm on that day. The day was lost, and counted as a red day for me. Then the goal is to go the entire next day clean, thus earning "one day" on my counter. So depending on the hour of relapse (am) I might have 18 hours just to get to midnight and then another 24 hours before I get to "collect my reward" so to speak. Might not work for everybody, but I am counting good days vs bad days, and the hours are irrelevant to me, so it works.

Over 200 green days, btw this year :emoji_innocent:

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  5. @BrohkenCompass
    Just want to let you know I changed my name from This is it, incase you want to update it.

BrohkenCompass likes this.
  6. A little Monday Motivation. We are all here for the same reason...here are some of them, and some words of inspiration right here from our own cohort.

7. Roger that... updated.

Chakra_Serpent likes this.
  8. ALRIGHT LEGENDS.... LISTEN UP

As previously stated, the original cutoff for 20 SEP has passed. All challengers have been stripped of any strikes. Using input from many participants I have adopted a scaled scoring system. Challengers will have a 1 strike per Tier - 5th strike and your'e out scoring system.

Everybody right now in the challenge qualifies for LEGEND status. Do not Act out and you remain there. Each Strike earns a demotion, until the 5th strike eliminates you from the challenge regardless of days. Strikes will start on 22 SEP. If you already messed up today... you got a freebie.

Like one participant said - everybody can end the year with some progress.... STRONGER. I wish you all the best.

It is my honor to sponsor this and I am so thrilled to see so many fellow fapstronauts wanting to do this with me.

All the Best,

BC

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2020
    thikk, ToMMy.H, Jefe Rojo and 2 others like this.
  9. @Steppingintotheunkown .

Steppingintotheunkown likes this.
  10. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Iv felt down today, because I acted out and because more restrictions are coming into the uk which means spending less time with loved ones. To come home and read this has actually made me feel better. I look forward to joining you all on legend status. I can't mess up this time, I won't mess up. Tears are in my eyes as I'm writing this. I will be a clean person for the rest of this year, I will reboot my brain. I will be the same person in private as I am around others. Thank you @BrohkenCompass this challenge means alot to me

Jefe Rojo and BrohkenCompass like this.
  11. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 7 - checking in. A few stresses with the wife and work the last few days but using my toolkit - breathing, mantra, exercise, keeping my setting safe, and thinking about my commitment to this group challenge - to be PMO free. Stay strong everyone.

ToMMy.H, Jefe Rojo and BrohkenCompass like this.
  12. Well men, I’ll take a strike. Relapse today. Learning that even good things can trigger me.

Debating whether to buckle down angry serious wither the tools or return to hiding the secret habit.

13. Yes brother. I too have felt this shame. Absolute disgust for myself - but love for myself too. If I did not love myself, I would not care. So I continue...

Proud of you TonyK. Keep having the plan in place...expect the unexpected and live every day like a boy scout.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2020
    thikk likes this.
  14. @TJ_HealthUP

15. You're not hiding. You're here. With people that understand. Men. Women. Young. Old. Single. Married. Gay. Straight.

If it is not possible to have this healing in your every day life, do not concern yourself too much. I spill my guts into my journal, the only safe place for my thoughts. I prefer here because I believe I have much to learn from others and they from my experiences, a file locked away on my computer would not benefit me the same.

16. Hi @Steppingintotheunkown , I’m also glad to be a part of this challenge. It’s apparent that you want to change. You have no shortage of desire. Addictions are hard to change. Repeated disappointment makes it hard to get back up and try again. But you’re doing it, and you’ll be better for it. Can you overcome P? Yes. How do I know this? I overcame P 11 years ago and I have zero desires to look at P now. I’m on NoFap to overcome masturbation and fetishes. I am addicted to both. Both of these things are the lingering side effects of my addiction to P.

It wasn’t easy to overcome my addiction to P. I did everything I could. I humbled myself and told a handful of people who were close to me (outside of NoFap) about my addiction. I saw two different therapists, went to an SAA group, went to a different church group, told my pastor, told my girlfriend, took the ethernet port out of my computer and snapped it in half. I spent a full year without the internet in my house. I learned to become transparent, I learned how to become an honest man. I went to the extreme and it did the trick. I haven’t had a desire to watch P in over 10 years. You can change. I know it from personal experience. The question is, what will you change in order to achieve success? What are you willing to give up? How will you remove yourself from your comfort zone? You must change or you will continue to have the same results.

Blue Clouds, thikk and tonyk1982 like this.
  17. quickstarter

quickstarter Fapstronaut

BrohkenCompass likes this.
  18. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

I am a 30+ years PMO addict, and three months ago I joined this site to come out of hiding and it has been the most helpful thing in my life to overcome this very destructive habit. Have I been perfect? No. But I have had more PMO-free days in the last three months than in the previous 30 years, including a 30 day streak. The benefits and relief of becoming honest with myself and having this community to be honest with and share my struggles are immensely worthwhile. Join us TJ. Stay strong.

Deleted Account and Jefe Rojo like this.
  19. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut