1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kingkhan21

kingkhan21 Fapstronaut

2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Checking in with 8 Days down. I am now Uruk-Hai!

4. unexpectedjellyfish

unexpectedjellyfish Fapstronaut

5. unexpectedjellyfish

Good job, man. I really feel like social media is the poison and healthy real-life activities are the cure, so.. Keep going brother :)

6. unexpectedjellyfish

A LOTR marathon is never a waste of time, haha! Stay strong, brother.

7. Ininterrompu

Ininterrompu Fapstronaut

At 9pm counter hits two digits. Today was hard for me, I am studying programming and I had an assignment. I nearly spent the whole day to solve how to accomplish it so it was a bit stressful and in the process I had temptations. But I realized how funny the situation is, whenever I face something stressful I am tempted to just do the thing and relax. As I said, I managed to stand and fight it, hope you are doing same. Strength to all!

archie.hill, Akeakua, Kingler and 9 others like this.
  8. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

2 days down. I find that having a somewhat strict routine is very benefitial for me.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    archie.hill, Akeakua, Kingler and 7 others like this.
  9. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

10. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Day 3 for me. I am glad I am doing well so far but temptation is everywhere.

archie.hill, Akeakua, Kingler and 8 others like this.
  11. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

One more day breaking stone and forging metal my brothers. i have done my escape plan: 3 days from now, it will be a new moon, so i decide to escape from Isengard then. deep in the night, in the dark. i while try to dodge the guards, and go throught the breach that i found in the outer wall ;). once i´m outside i think i will have the strengh to take the damn pmo ring off.

The following brothers have upgraded and reached places in Middle Earth. Congratulations ;)

@Onan the Barbarian - Uruk-Hai
    @Chakra_Serpent - Buckleberry Ferry

Have a good day brave Fellowship!!. Here´s Universal Man with a Universal message.

"What to do when you relapse"

12. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

13. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

14. unexpectedjellyfish

That's how it goes in today's world, but you create your world - cut social media off and see how it changes the game :)

15. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Day 15. I feel like a stranger to myself. In a good way. I like myself. Who I've become. Who I can be.

Today cross over to begin my journey as a brave hobbit.

16. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

I'm glad to read that. Congratulations!

17. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Still Day 3

I had a too close call for comfort last night. I started looking at graphic images for a little longer than I would have liked, but then I snapped out of it and I closed out of the browser, deleted the history so that I could not go back to those tabs, and threw myself into my math homework. I woke up feeling depressed and I had about a dozen relapse dreams, so on top of my looking last night (even if only for a short time), and the dreams, I felt like I relapsed and I felt crummy. I know it is in states like these that I am especially vulnerable to relapse, and I will see over the next couple days if I feel like last night warrants a reset. I could make an argument either way, so if it leads me to having urges to do it again, even if I do not, I will reset to midnight of Monday night. However, if I do not experience any more urges like that in the next couple days and then moving forward, then I will chalk it up to a close call and not a reset. However, if I do that again anytime in the future, even if I do not masturbate, and even if it is only under conditions like last night, then I will reset.

Actually, no, I will reset to that now. I have to keep myself honest, and I promised myself if I looked for more than a few seconds, and this was like a couple minutes, I would reset. So I am going to reset, and therefore I can have a clean conscience. This has been a rough last week, but I have to keep myself honest and on track, and if that means resetting a three day streak to the slightest weakness, then so be it.

(I decided to keep my whole thought process in here, because it will give me the strength to do the right thing next time.)

Best,
    Mathman1994

18. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

34 Days down. :) "the road goes ever on and on..." Have a great day everyone!