1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting back in the game - need advice!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Reborn16, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Hey all, I'm coming back from a dating hiatus thanks to this one girl.

She's in a study class with me, and initially she made the effort to meet me - just sitting down and giving study advice, which naturally lead to conversation that went for over an hour.

Since then, she's made a point to come up to me each class and make small talk. We usually have a few laughs but haven't really flirted. Still, there seems to be a spark (from my point of view at least).

The last time we caught up, she made a point of saying 'hi' (I didn't see her) and we ended up talking about more personal things which was nice.

Here's my issue though - I'm aware that in my past, when I had less confidence, I sometimes got 'oneitis' and invested too much in one woman. I've changed a lot since then, but the old story is still in the back of my mind...

Should I attempt to ask her out to catch up? Not a 'date' technically, but an opportunity to build more mutual attraction.

Or is that kind of like skirting around the topic - she knows I'm interested - yet I'm not fully showing interest.

Before this I was usually dating women I'd matched on apps, so there was no confusion about interest.

Any insight from guys or girls would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

She is making it really easy for you. She is totally interested in you. She is putting herself in your orbit in hopes you ask her out.

Ask her out already, as a man you have to be direct and decisive. Ask her out for a date, the mutual attraction is already there!

At this point she doesn't know because she is the one talking to you.
    In her eyes 2 things are happening, or you are not into her or you don't have the balls to ask her out. More time you spend "building more mutual attraction" and not asking her out on a date, more weak you start to look in her eyes so less attraction she is going to have with you.

There are not confusion here, she is making it really easy for you to ask her out.. just do it!

3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Appreciate your response man!

I agree with all your points, whether it works out or not, it's clear to me now it's worth giving it a shot.

I haven't quite built the abundance mindset and maybe that holds me back. But I won't take for granted the fact she's putting forward interest.

4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

That sounds awesome man.

A lot of girls are cool and will be patient while we work up the courage. Sooner or later we must polarize them by showing genuine interest, and see where the chips may fall.

My class got cancelled for next week, and I don't want to progress things over text as I'm much more comfortable with interactions in person. In the mean time, I've solved my 'inetitis' issue for the most part.

Thing is, I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with this girl, but if I'm putting all my thoughts on just whether she likes me or not, I'm just going to stress out over it and ultimately appear less confident... Simply by acknowledging the abundance of high quality girls around, and connecting by smiling, chatting, I'm way more at ease.

Hope your next interaction goes even better, and if things are on a high note, take a chance. The biggest risk is in doing nothing, something I wish I'd fully appreciated earlier!

Cynamooo likes this.