1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

@RiseToGreatness thank you man! I was truly needing to restart this journey.
    Day 2 and marching on!

2. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

Latest update: Day 70 - Reached Amon Hen, a hill above the western banks of the Anduin. By royal decreat, I am a Warrior of Gondor now!

3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

4. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Thank you Brother! I was looking forward to seeing you hit 150! Truly an inspiration for us all!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  5. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

6. Breakthrough!

Breakthrough! Fapstronaut

day 1: starting over. I know what causes the relapse. And i know what to change when the signal comes.

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

good morning my companions. i relapsed :( sorry

yesterday we had a lunch pary at work, and i got really drunk. at night i was still a bit groggy and i totally slack my triggers prevention system, which forbiddes me to touch eletronic devices alone when drunk. i start using the mobile freely and one thing lead to another.

in a way it was good that this happened, because in the past many times i slack my reboot system out of sheer arrogance and suffer the consequences. so this is one more lesson of humility.

in fact, a common pattern i see in fapstronauts is once they gained the basics of rebooting (and this can take a while), most of the times relapses happens out of overconfidence. so it´s good to remember this daily: an addiction it´s an out of control entity. only through consistent work and determination we can rewire the brain and be happy. experience and knowledge won´t do shit if we don´t apply them.

ring.gif

i felt i wasn´t 100% serious on the reboot on the last days.

Now i am.

8. kingkhan21

kingkhan21 Fapstronaut

9. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 2.

St. Agnes of Rome, pray for us!

10. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

I look up to you even when you're down. Get up and make us proud. Mistakes are to be learned from.

We all appreciate and value what you do here.

11. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 19. Steady as she goes.

12. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

13. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

6 days clean!!
    I'm an Uruk-Hai now :)

14. dandausa

dandausa Fapstronaut

Hey family, I have now reached the Black Gates of Mordor. :) It's getting dangerous around here! But I have now upgraded to the Grey Wizard

15. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

Wow! That's amazing. Keep going brother!

16. Phil GD

Phil GD Fapstronaut

Day 6 check in. Despite the ups (today) and downs I feel like I'm gonna run for days without any stops. My goodness!!!! Libido going up and up and I'd better start doing things right now. Reading has helped me a lot, I mean physical books, not internet or kindle. In fact, I suggest you do some research about dopamine, social media and a great interview (2 parts actually) with Dr. Sam Vaknim. The guy has definitely opened my eyes when it comes to addictions, anxiety or any other psychological problems. See you, guys. Stay strong!!!! In case you feel the urge is coming strongly, take a cold shower and go out to work out. Bye!

17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

18. Ininterrompu

Ininterrompu Fapstronaut

Day 14, still unbroken. Tommorow will be my last day as an Uruk :) strength to all.