1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

60-day celebration on the way to 90 (or more)!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mv8652, Jun 24, 2015.

1. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

I don't want to seem braggadocious, but I'm happy to report that today is Day 60 since I last fapped (or edged), and tomorrow will be Day 100 since my last orgasm of any sort!

It hasn't always been easy, but it's been a huge surprise that it hasn't been a lot harder (like all of my pre-NoFap efforts that didn't last nearly so long). I give the credit to NoFap and to the inspiring YouTube videos by several guys who have traveled this road before me. My motivation has flourished with time, because nothing succeeds like success. I'm two-thirds of the way to completion of the 90-day challenge that I initially chose, and I trust that I'll make it the rest of the way.

My only uncertainty is whether I should choose to extend this suspension of my sexuality--perhaps to six months, to a year, or (dare I say) toward permanence. Life without P is great. Life without MO has its good points, but is it that good?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Getter Better and zippytime like this.
  2. gdawg2014

gdawg2014 Fapstronaut

3. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

good one!! I am on the same path. 180 days will be done tomorrow. oh. yeh....

LiveAnAwesomeLife and Elduderino like this.
  4. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

Congrats! What's next? Are you gonna keep going? That's what I'm having a hard time deciding. I probably do want to keep going for a while, but permanent is very scary! I'd love to hear the thoughts of guys who have opted for permanency as well as those who have returned to non-addicted MO.

5. programer

programer Fapstronaut

thats great. I guese we started together. Am also on day 60. Lets keepv going...

6. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

@mv8652 - Yes that is now part of my lifestyle. the value addition that I see from NoFap is what made me decide to follow lifetime.
    after 6 months, I think it should be life time thing.

mv8652 likes this.
  7. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

Wow! You have my respect! At what point in your journey did you make the firm decision that you intend never to fap again. Of course, that's an easier decision for a married man. What would you have decided if you were single and in hard mode?

8. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

I'm planning to go forever.

I only wanna experience orgasms in the marriage bed.

Milind likes this.
  9. CreatingAlegend

CreatingAlegend Fapstronaut

I think you should keep going don't stop. The times you'll O should be only with a girl. Good luck man you inspiring me!

10. Speshal_K1997

Speshal_K1997 New Fapstronaut

11. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

@mv8652 - In my opinion it is not matter of easy or hard. It is how firm you are to kick the addiction, in general any type of addiction.
    In my journey, several times I experienced strong urges and then it's up to me to decide whether to succumb to urges or to come out strong.
    I chose to focus on other important things. I see successful people, do they have time to fap. possibly not. they are having their energy to focus on something important and worthy. Great sports person, business men etc.. they give their everything to achieve great heights. At least one can start that journey.

Other part is, how bad you want to achieve. Let's say you want good grades, are you willing to sacrifice video games, television, mobile to study hard.
    If yes then who can stop. I see a lot of positives in hard mode and NoFap. Make peace with PMO and move on.

All the best!!

12. zippytime

zippytime Fapstronaut

Keep on keeping on man.

You'll be at 120 days in no time. Things just get better and easier from here on in. Also in my experience the real benefits made themselves aparrent from 70 days on.

Elduderino and mv8652 like this.
  13. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'll definitely be looking for those. As of now, I'm doing well and am committed to going at least some duration beyond the 90-day challenge.

14. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

70 you say?

Looking forward. :)

15. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

Can you please elaborate on what those benefits were for you? Thanks.

Elduderino likes this.
  16. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

The only benefits I'm getting are from social security. :p

17. zippytime

zippytime Fapstronaut

Yeah sorry I didn't put what those benefits were. The following is a brief list of what i feel has improved in my life:

Stopped worrying about failing.

Started to believe in myself.

Started being more actively social.

Started to feel what other people meant by compassion, whereas previously I was so caught up in my own world there was no emotional space for other people's feelings.

Real connection with my girlfriend despite not being sexual since I started NoFap. And I no longer pick arguments for no reason.

More emotionally balanced.

Applied for a job and have been considered for it where previously I was stuck in a rut.

Have been signed off as in recovery by my social anxiety and depression councillor.

People listen to me when I speak. And notice me when I walk into a room.

I am no longer consumed with objectification of women. And when chatting to them really feel I a making a connection and what they say really matters as opposed to the past where I was hoping the conversation would end before I said something dumb.

Loosing weight. Health feels better

No longer getting caught up in the little annoyances in life.

I am a better version of me. And it only seems to be getting better.

Guys and Girls you can do this. It is Sooooo worth it. And a little bit of emotional discomfort in the first couple of months is a minor price to pay to release yourself from the self destructive and debilitating cocoon you are trapped in when in a cycle of fap-self loath-fap.

18. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the very detailed list, Zippytime.

Did your counselor who signed off on your being in recovery know that you're doing no-PMO?

19. zippytime

zippytime Fapstronaut

No. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. No one knows my battle with pmo. It just happens that all the therapy just started to click when I stopped being a selfish pmo obsessed fool.

I have considered telling her in my referal feedback forms, but just didn't want to her to think I had been deceiving her by not telling her the true back story as to why I was depressed and anxious. It just so happens I found NoFap partway through my most recent course.

My girl and I were in a dark spot when I decided to turn my life about, and she has her own demons too. It has not been an issue for us to be hard mode, in fact I believe it has brought us closer together.

Elduderino likes this.
  20. curt

curt Fapstronaut

I think I'm about to come to the same conclusion. I've been about three months hard mode and would like to do three more before I decide. I have a target date to resume intercourse with my wife. I think I'll see how that goes for a while and make a final decision about MO. p just can't have a place in my life.