1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Calisthenics nation, WHERE YOU AT ?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by brod2018, Jun 5, 2020.

Are you new to calisthenics

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Since quarantine everybody learned that you can't always count on gyms to workout. Lots of people started their bodyweight journey during those hard times. Others just wanted to know the differences from freeweight training and wanted to add something new to their boring routine. And some others already embraced the movement from long time ago.
    The purpose of this sub is to have all fastronauts that train with their body or want to discover the sport to share their journey, motivate each other, and share tips/tricks to advance.
    Feel free to present yourself.
    [​IMG]

FutureDoctor and Leader of ME like this.
  2. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

3. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

#links,vids,pics?(to be edited)
    A beginner guide to pullups
    [​IMG]
    (source Jeremy Ethier)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  4. cali4sto

cali4sto Fapstronaut

5. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

Today's leg day : since my knee hurts from shrimp squats it's gonna be 4x10 : weighted squats and 4x10 glute bridge

6. JéJee

JéJee Fapstronaut

Today is push day for me and I'm gonna do 300 dips + 10 kg it's a pretty long time ago that I did some kind of endurance challenge so let's go!

brod2018 likes this.
  7. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

Today was back day. I followed jeremy ethier routine to increase my max rep pull-up (which is 7 now)

8. brod2018

brod2018 Fapstronaut

Yesterday was pull ups too. I'm now at 8 pullups. My goal is 10 then I'll start doing weighted pullups

9. Started on the BWF routine, but now I am doing my own customized rings-based workout. I also do capoeira, which is a martial art that features a lot of acrobatics.

10. This is what I’m doing at the moment

10 sets of 10 Hindu Push-ups = 100

10 sets of 10 Pike Push-ups = 100

10 seats of 30 Hindu Squats = 300

10 sets of 15 Thoracic Bridging = 150

10 Sets of 10 Over handed Suspension Trainer rows = 100

10 sets of 10 Under handed Suspension Trainer rows = 100

I try to do it everyday though have been more struggling lately with muscle soreness.

I was doing 3 sets of assisted one arm push-ups superset with close handed push-ups, then I do close handed chin-ups then shoulder length chin-ups, then burpees & then leg raises. I decided to try something different as I have moved into a new flat & can’t get my pull-up mate set up that would be convenient for me and my girlfriend.

11. Wassup. Learning more pull ups, chin ups, dips etc. Want to learn a muscle-up and some more cool tricks. How long it could take to have a really good progress?

12. Kaladin504

Kaladin504 Fapstronaut

Does anyone have tips on how to formulate a good calisthenic routine? I'm trying stick to short but intense workouts. I'm currently doing neutral grip pull ups, pushups, situps, and planks. I do this every other day (on the days in between I go running). I do three sets, two to a fixed number that I increase each time, and the third set is to failure. I'm not sure if this is enough to really build muscle, but I feel like it should at least set me up to have better muscle tone.

13. 5adn8m8

5adn8m8 Fapstronaut

Hello friends. I hope everyone's doing well. If you're looking for an optimum resource on calisthenics then don't hesitate to read "Overcoming Gravity". I found this book and also calisthenics because I couldn't go to gym anymore. It's such an amazing book. Just read it and see it for yourself.

14. Robbedoes

Robbedoes Fapstronaut

Today I was able to do 3x10 (each leg, 60 reps total) pistol squats for the first time. Relapsed yesterday, still feel strong.

Kaladin504 likes this.
  15. depends on genetics, training method ,consistency ,etc
    approximately 6 months to a year.

16. sup brahs. Bodyweight exercises are dope asf. My goals b4 quarantine ends include: 20 pullups perfect form, get comfortable with handstand pushups, and develop a more toned back. :D

17. Elite_Warrior

Elite_Warrior Fapstronaut

I'm on 16 weeks challenge to transform body by Calisthenics.

18. Forgot to tell ya guys! I hit the twenty pullup milestone about two weeks ago. It was great and I did it with correct form.

However, to be honest, I haven't been doing many pullups after hitting that goal. I've been focusing on other bodyweight stuff like pushup variations. But I'll get back into pullups. Just gotta master the handstand first...