DORIAN'S MAD SCIENCE EXPERIMENT! (COMMENT)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dorian Gray, Jun 29, 2015.

Does being Vegan heal your body?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
  1. Yes damn right it does! I never had so much fu**ing energy! HADOUKEN!!!

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. What? don't be stupid...im gonna BBQ a steak. Take that! *Burrrrp*

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. I have no sweet fu**ing clue what will happen. (cough) (<_<)

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

Have you ever seen the movie limitless? this guy take a super drug that makes him better than the average human in every way conceivable. Well semen retention and veganism does that in tandem. I am going to document veganism with semen retention and catalogue how I feel, I been feeling changes dramatically from when I would do nofap, and since I am a vegan for the past year anyway I seen drastic improvements in my fitness level, health, strength, muscle growth, happiness and appetite. This should be a fairly simple self study.

I am going to post how I am feeling and how quick my energy levels replenish after high cardio, eating huge meals and mental fatigue. Keeping close eye on: Alertness, stress levels, hunger, mood, strength, willpower and medical blood levels before and after the 30 day intervals.

It is now Monday 29th 2015, I will be going to the Hospital for a blood work printout to see my levels of well everything, then once the 30 days are over I will check again. The veganism is the easy part, the no rap will be the challenge. night and day.

If you have any input on things I should document PLEASE feel free on commenting and follow me on NoFap.

[​IMG]

Moksha, Drift, Kenji and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jirka

Jirka Fapstronaut

You are setting a good example. I respect you that you managed to survive without milk, eggs, and meat for a whole year. I agree that going vegan is the best choice, but I believe it must be very hard. How difficult was it to find alternative food? Do you find yourself spending much more time shopping for food and studying the product labels? How did you replace milk and bread? And what do you do if somebody invites you for a meal? Do you just refuse to eat it?

From what you posted here, it looks like becoming vegan is possible. I'd like to become one too because I hate cruelty on animals, but really I drink lots of milk and I have no idea how to replace the milk and still get enough calcium for my bones and teeth.

Dorian Gray and Kenji like this.
  3. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Eating plant based was the most rewarding and overall greatest choices I have ever made. I began eating plant based a decade ago. It is simple, so straightforward and simple people complicate it.

1) Wegmans is the major grocery chain where I live and shopping vegan is no different than shopping carnie style, just takes a great grocery store and knowledge of where things are located.

2) Milk and bread? Um let's see there is soymilk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk, yadda fukin yadda. Most organic wholegrain bread is vegan, my favorite is Ezekiel.

3) Spend less time shopping because my mind is so fuking sharp and on point now that animal products are not slowing it down.

4) 99% of my friends don't eat meat, 2% are vegan. Most will accomodate a vegan meal because our relationship has so much mutual respect in it. I don't eat with carnies unless it is unkind to refuse an invitation, and if it is, they usually make me a veggie dish for instance going to my Uncle's on holidays he is very accomodating and respects me greatly and loves cooking veggie dishes. It's all about mutual respect.

I could write a cookbook with a question like that. Here is a vegan superchef who makes utterly delicious dishes,

Isa Chandra Moskowitz... www.theppk.com

http://www.amazon.com/Veganomicon-The-Ultimate-Vegan-Cookbook/dp/156924264X

http://www.amazon.com/Isa-Does-It-Amazingly-Delicious/dp/0316221902

http://www.amazon.com/The-Plantpower-Way-Plant-Based-Guidance/dp/1583335870

Pictures of her dishes,
    https://instagram.com/isachandra/

I eat a whole bunch of any grains, legumes, seeds, nuts, fruits, and vegetables you can imagine in all kinds of magical and unique forms with savory and scrumptious oils, sauces, and spices. My local market has amazing vegan prepared goods as well, as most decent sized cities should. I eat better than I ever have, I never knew eating could be so tasty AND supremely healthy. I don't count calories, I don't worry about eating too much fat, and if you think vegans have trouble with protein, which they don't, just ask Korin or Frank Medrano if they struggle with protein,

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_korin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  4. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I don't mean to be an ass Jirka, really if you lived near me I would go shopping with you and show you just how wonderful it is to eat plant based :)

Those books above if a library has them by you are the best books to help you become a vegan, and if you don't like the word vegan as I don't, my friend Rich Roll prefers the term plant-based eater, www.richroll.com has some nice podcasts and inspiration too.

And to comment on this thread as the title suggests, Dorian you are out of your freaking mind, so am I though. Perhaps it is because our cerebral capacity and capability is much higher than a meat eater's? :D

Moksha, Drift, Jirka and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

I find it very easy to eat vegan, as for people asking me to go dine out with them, they don't because they know where I stand. I do however have them over to eat at my place and I make really good vegan pizzas. shopping vegan cut my grocery costs in half from say $200 for crap junk foods to almost $70-100 just fruit and veggies. but I load up like big time. I eat as much as I want and I still lose fat of my stomach, you also stay full hours longer. as for labels I just don't get anything that has dairy, eggs or meat or sugar in it, or any other processed animal products...so rule of thumb if it sounds really hard to pronounce it's not food.

as for milk there are vegan alternatives like coconut milk, almond milk and many many more variations just as long as it doesn't come from animals. plus drink more water it's better for you anyway lol. as for the calcium when you eat meat your body pulls calcium from your bones just to digest the meat. so your's just killing yourself.

humans don't need milk or meats or cheese or any of that stuff, you get EVERY NUTRIENT plus more from a plant based diet. I've it a try and you will feel the difference in the first few weeks. you will drop a pant size really fast. a plant based diet can't hurt you it heals you 100% but a meat based diet is a business first and will kill you 100%.

it's very easy. give it a try! :)

Moksha, Drift, Jirka and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Fapstronaut

hmm This is a very fun experiment, I will join in too. I am going to do everything you are going to do and then see how we stack up. ready set go!

Dorian Gray likes this.
  7. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

yes by all means please join me on this adventure!

8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Fapstronaut

did you get your blood work today?

9. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

naw i was swamped at work, and tomorrow is Canada day so I'll be doing my blood work on thursday or friday.

10. Jirka

Jirka Fapstronaut

@ケンジ and @Dorian Gray : Thank you guys for your suggestions. They are very useful for someone like me. I was worried about the milk, but it looks like there are some good alternatives out there. Here is my first step: Today I'm going to find soy milk or almond milk in the grocery store and check how it tastes. Maybe the biggest obstacle against going veg is psychological - how do I explain it to other people and how do I say NO if somebody offers me meat or eggs. I've been raised up to always eat all the food and that it's impolite to be picky about food when there are people starving elsewhere. Now if I analyze it with a clear unbiased mind, that is total bullshit. What's so hard about telling my friends and family in advance that I'm going veg? If they don't respect it then it's their problem and not mine. But 90 days of NoFap have made me stronger to overcome this uncomfortable barrier. Let's see how it goes. The links you posted are encouraging. If I find a replacement for calcium and protein, Then I'll join you in the vegan challenge.

Moksha and Drift like this.
  11. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Fapstronaut

You get all the nutrients from green vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and spices, don't forget to drink lots of water to deliver it throughout your body. vegan foods hold more than 60% more protein and calcium and other minerals and vitamins than meat and dairy. the dairy, egg and meat industry get rich off peoples misinformation and ignorance. it's not bad to say no to foods if it is for your health, and yes you're right if someone says shit about the way you're living tell them to fu** off.

This is 100% your decision to take the step to veganism. All your choice.

Moksha, Dorian Gray and Jirka like this.
  12. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

yea lab rat is right, you get everything and more from veggies and fruit

check this guy out

Lab Rat and Jirka like this.
  13. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

This is cool man. Good luck.

I've been pescetarian (vegetarian + fish, no meat) for 2 months now. Unofficially I've been almost pescetarian for the last 2 years due to a girlfriend who is full vegetarian. Everything I cook has to be stuff we can both eat.

I haven't noticed earth-shattering changes, but it is kind of cool to subsist 90% on plant-based food. I feel better than I did a month ago but that's probably due to me taking up yoga at the same time. I don't feel it's necessary for me to go full vegan or even vegetarian but I have a lot of respect for those who do. If the science showed beyond any doubt that vegans were ridiculously healthy, I'd consider it. But the people with the greatest health and longevity consistently seem to be the Japanese, and it seems to be down to a few main factors:

1. They don't stuff themselves - eating until you're only about 80% full and hence having reduced caloric intake has been shown to have health benefits (stomach gets full, brain receives this signal 20 minutes later, yadda yadda)
    2. They have a rich seafood diet including seaweed, importantly
    3. They drink lots of green tea, coffee is not a big thing
    4. They value movement and physical health, and more than most societies have incorporated things like Yoga and Tai Chi and even walking into everyday life
    5. They have an amazing healthcare system
    6. The rest of their diet is low in fat and high in fruit and sea vegetables

Basically, the world has unknowingly been carrying out an experiment in diet and lifestyle for centuries, and right now the Japanese are winning. And they ain't even vegan. Look up Japan health and John Creighton Campbell on Google.

Moksha likes this.
  14. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

yoga sounds like fun. i need to start I'm all tense.

Lab Rat likes this.
  15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Fapstronaut

japan still has obese people.

16. Ryanellion

Ryanellion Fapstronaut

Carnivore: Because I leave a graveyard in my wake.
    Vegan: because his body is not a graveyard, but his smelly vegan poop is!

LOL JK vegans allow me to keep my steak and bacon cheap because there's less demand. :)

17. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

I played in a death metal band that toured Europe for two years, and Yoga is still the most brutal thing I've ever done... :D

Dorian Gray likes this.
  18. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

vegan poop? it doesn't require you to use toilet paper. its a ghost crap every time plus smells like bananas XD

19. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Fapstronaut

wow I never took a break from masturbation before now... must my balls got tighter..! was that weird for me to say? I feel different like more energy! :D and yea ghost poop is a thing, i saved so much on toilet paper alone to get a new tour bike. I am in like the best fucking mood Dorian! never felt like this before. though the urge is strong but I just get up and do squats and in the morning I take a cold shower.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  20. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

how long have you been Vegan Lab Rat? I been vegan since January 20th of this year. and cured myself of my health problems even the severe ones.