1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Sources of Dopamine apart from food? Any tips?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by gcamt123, Sep 25, 2020.

1. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

I am suffering from scrolling syndrome. I understand this is because of going hard mode on PMO and completely removing sugar from diet.
    I understand my body needs dopamine or it won't function normally.
    I just don't have any healthy sources for them.
    Currently, I am in lockdown and there are very few options for going out.

Things I am doing right now -
    1. Meditation, Twice, daily
    2. Exercise, daily for 20-25 mins
    3. Eating healthy
    4. Reading for 10-15 mins
    5. Sleep - 7 hours

Can you guys please suggest me some healthy sources of dopamine? I know I need to get that feeling of satisfaction and happiness dopamine brings to function normally.
    ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Edit 1:
    I cannot stay away from internet as I have my classes going on daily and I have to use internet and my PC/Mobile for that

Agent likes this.
  2. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Hello!
    Little about me. I'm a student figuring out who I am. I am also not a scientist (but I'm learning to be one).

Based on a wikipedia article about dopamine, I believe that there is some misconceptions about dopamine.
    If you're talking about dopamine as the reward chemical, that's not really what dopamine does but I'll go with it (evidence of not really what dopamine is). My guess is that even though we crave for rewards, no one needs rewards to survive. That's only brain conditioning or basically your brain telling you to go fetch and rewarding you with "good boy". Instead, people need to satisfy the craving (satisfying the brain wanting you to fetch) to survive otherwise we'll just be lazy. So my solution for you is to look into yourself and see what your body is yearning for. That's the healthy source of dopamine. Of course, you can always not do this yearning and soon the brain will change so that the yearning becomes less powerful (assuming the yearning is not for stuff like food). Again, this is my guess.

I'm sorry if I sound weird. I'm trying something new. Anyways, I hope you have a great day.

3. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Also, solution for scrolling syndrome that worked for me.

I only know how to solve this except for a iphone. So, you need to really consider what things you need to block from your life, then block them from your life. Set a passcode and give it to someone you can trust.
    For computer, download cold turkey blocker, make sure it's the real website, add all the websites to your blocked list and set it to 3 months in the future. The best part is that you can add websites you want to block as you go.

gcamt123 likes this.
  4. I can say if you have any hobby. Do it. If you love to play PC games or cooking dish then do it for sometime. Again, Don’t overdo it.

gcamt123 likes this.
  5. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your suggestions guys!! I will try them. I like pc games, although I won't be playing those! I will try with cooking and cleaning up though!

6. Sports you can practice at home like martial arts, games (like chess and word puzzles and shit), DIY. My two cents..

alphakadabro and gcamt123 like this.
  7. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut

Thanks @Killbane I worked out for 2 weeks, simple exercises. Yesterday, got myself a pair of 5 kg dumbbells. I have to say it helps a lot!! I will try those games as well!

8. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

Imo, new hobbies or having good laughs with friends are very healthy dopamine boosters but its not always easy to fulfill those 2

gcamt123 likes this.
  9. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. Good laughs with friends?? I have a great set of friends from school, college, gradschool so that is not an issue. Infact, I do that almost daily!!
    Hobbies is something I am not sure about! I loved to read and I used to gobble a novel in 3 hours flat. But, somehow due to lack of time I have not read any new novel from past 7 months. (I know, lack of time in Lockdown :( )

10. luke775

luke775 Fapstronaut

Try a side hustle or building a business. It's always great to be earning some extra money and everytime you make a sale you definitely get a hit of dopamine and satisfaction. Some ideas could be: starting a blog, selling on amazon (fba), or starting a proper business in one of your interests!

gcamt123 likes this.
  11. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

Genuine human connection

gcamt123 likes this.
  12. gcamt123

gcamt123 Fapstronaut

@luke775 That definitely is one of the best suggestion. I wanted to have a side hustle for long. I am finding it hard to find my niche but I will get through.
    @rob13_ Definitely. I do feel happy whenever I have a nice chat with my family and friends.