1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Juicer

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by unimportant, Sep 13, 2020.

1. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

I just got a juicer as a gift for my birthday. I found some recipes online that use ingredients known to help the liver (beets), diabetes (brussel sprouts) (I don't believe I have it), and the colon (pears).

I started making juices yesterday, and after what was very evidently some detoxing last night, I woke up this morning feeling incredible. I really didn't expect anything other than some more energy from the nutrition, but the first thing I noticed was my skin felt healthier (stronger, more elastic).

Has anyone else used a juicer, what was your experience?

2. chingiz

chingiz Fapstronaut

Hey,

Yes, I had a juicer before and used it occasionally. I would buy ginger, and turmeric root to juice, and I would take 'shots' of both in the morning. It's quite the experience. I did throw up once though, so I stopped. It was a bit too intense for me. But beets are great for juicing. I did oranges too. As with everything, I suggest consuming juice at a moderate level or occasionally, because it's just pure sugar.

3. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

It isn't pure sugar, store bought can be, but it does remove the fiber. Either way, yeah I've been enjoying it. My first day I went overboard of course, but now I have a glass every once in a while. Beets are amazing, mixing in a couple apples with half a beet is also super healthy for your liver according to WebMD (and if Big Pharma admits it, than god damn). I might try ginger and turmeric but your vomit experience has kind of put me off haha

4. chingiz

chingiz Fapstronaut

You can add ginger/turmeric 'juice' to something more pleasant like orange. It tastes great. But just doing shots of either is really disgusting lol

unimportant likes this.